Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English MA Offers

Options
  • 13-05-2009 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Has anybody gotten any early decisions on their applications?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Nope. I've applied to the Anglo Irish Literature.

My girlfriend on the other hand applied to the Modernity one and got a provisional acceptance before the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Thanks for the response. This uncertainty about what I'll be doing next year is a nuisance.

What grade do you expect to get - or have gotten, if you don't me asking?

In which course or my total GPA?

Should be getting a 2:1, it would take a miracle for me to get a 1:1 after bollocking up first year but should also be a a disaster for me to drop to a 2:2 so hopefully a middle to high end 2:1 should be coming my way if the markers are kind. Yourself?

You're right about the wait though. But it's not like we have anything better to do now ;)

A high 2.2 in English, and a low 2.2 overall (did poorly in my other major, History), so I'm not exactly brimful of confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Brimmy wrote: »
    In which course or my total GPA?

Should be getting a 2:1, it would take a miracle for me to get a 1:1 after bollocking up first year ...

Aren't 2nd and 3rd year 50/50?

• Advertisement

jimi_t wrote: »
    Aren't 2nd and 3rd year 50/50?

You're right. I meant my second year. My bad.

Timely bump.

Was waiting on someone to bump this. Have you heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Brimmy wrote: »
    Was waiting on someone to bump this. Have you heard back?

my friend emailed her lecturer to see when the offers would be out and he told her outright she had a place, thats how she found out.... i cant remember which one shes doing though sorry.... somethin about anglo irish literature rings a bell but i could be making that up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 NotJohnDenver

I haven't heard anything back at all. Similarly, my girlfriend who received a conditional offer based on her getting a 2.I, and who sent her TCD transcripts in two weeks ago, hasn't heard anything official either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement