Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted Adobe Premiere Pro person Galway yoga exchange

Options
  • 13-05-2009 11:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for someone with Adobe Premiere Pro skills who would be open to do two days work in exchange for a residential Yoga weekend.

I run the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre in Galway and would like to learn Premiere Pro (CS3 edition) to build a 4 minute movie clip to put up onto uTube.

Person would use my PC here at the centre and use exisiting film shot and captured in Premiere Pro.

Payment would be a choice of any of our weekend residential Yoga workshops listed on the website www burrenyoga com

Email
    dave @ burrenyoga dot com
    or phone 091-637680

Tahnks,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Why not just use an easier program like ulead video studio that you can learn yourself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

I guess because i already have Adobe Premiere Pro, and if someone shows me how to use it, longer term the quality of the finished short videos will be better.

I already use Adobe Audition to edit audio files, so figure that watching someone making one short movie clip will be sufficient for me the grasp the basics to proceed myself in future.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Premiere is pretty complicated( i suppose audition would be too). Ulead or pinnacle can do a lot of the basic things that premiere can do unless its a really complicated edit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Badhbh

I don't have the Pro but I have Premiere Elements 3.0 and I found it easier to use than Pinnacle. Another thing I didn't like about Pinnacle was that one had to pay for extras that weren't included with it.
    One problem i have with PE is importing Mpeg4, but that's probably my own fault with codecs etc. And of course the version I have is now kinda old.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

Premiere Pro Cs3 is quite easy to use. People get dazzled by all the windows and terminology but all-in-all it's a piece of cake.

• Advertisement

Thanks Reece,
    I have worked with software for many years now, and i usually find that anyone with a steady head that stays with the application for an extended time finds most of these main applications reasonably easy to use.... that is after the first 10 hours becoming comfortable with them.

Any takers out there?

Anyone interested in piecing together a short 5 to 8 minute video clip of some great yoga shots, outdoor walks, interviews who lives or able to travel to Galway?

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cazart

Hi Dave,

Did you get your vid sorted out? I can ask somebody I know who may be able to help you if not.

Regards,
    Cazart.

Hi Kazart,
    Yes a guy from Galway copntacvted me and is working on making the video at present, and then will show me more of the steps involved so i can experiement myself.

After the first couple of hours he spent with me, i have edited a simple short video.

Adobe Premiere Pro is not that difficult to use at all. It is amazing what a beginner can do after watching the online tutorials and even better getting someone sitting beside them to show them a few tips.

Having said that, the depth and power of the application could well take a couple of years to master.... in case one was using overlays of video, fading in and out with each other etc.

But if you know of a good person in the Galway area with Premiere Pro experience, by all means please let me know.

I am open to someone making an alternative promotional video for the yoga centre in return for attending one of our course here.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Hi,
    im a camera person and editor, do you still need premier help in exchange for
    yoga classes?

Hi Cameramonkey,
    Yes, i am still open to making an arrangemnet with someone new.

I have found a great editor in Galway who is already working on one movie in exchange for a weekend workshop.

But it would be great to have a second person to work on another short video.

You can send me your contact details, where you live and let me know your experience, and possibly pointers to any movies you have made already.

My email is dave@burrenyoga.com and my website is www.burrenyoga.com

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Advertisement

Thanks guys for all your suggestions and comments.

Ronan Casey of Galway did an excellent job on the 6 minute yoga video clip and it can be seen at

If anyone has any comments or feedback on the video, please post it here.

I hope the short video clip inspires more people to take up yoga ;-)[/COLOR]

Best Wishes,

Dave

Advertisement