Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop not connected to internet?

Options
  • 13-05-2009 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I have looked at other posts here but I don't really know much about computers a bit too technical for me I'm afraid. Our laptop( HP ) was connected to our internet (wireless) until 4 days ago. It is a LAN here and our PC has internet connection. We have a Linksky router. The laptop has the wireless connection. The wireless assistant states signal is excellent and its connected to the internet but the google page is unable to display if I make sense. I can't understand why it stopped working. It has AVG antivirus since we bought it. Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sofia11

Problem solved, I used system restore and IE is working again, yeah! Might help someone perhaps.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

sofia11 wrote: »
    Problem solved, I used system restore and IE is working again, yeah! Might help someone perhaps.

Thanks for letting us know. Are you using a firewall? Sometimes Firewall updates can mess up connections like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know a recent free AVG update messed up a Vodafone Mobile connection for a friend of mine. I used system restore to put it back to before the update and the problem went away.

Every time she tries to update AVG though, it loses the internet connection again. I tried to help but couldn't see what setting was causing the problem.

Advertisement