Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem/Router for Vodafone Home Phone

Options
  • 13-05-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to switch to vodafone home phone and broadband but they only supply a wireless modem for 50 quid but it doesn't seem to have router in it, anyone know a decent reasonably priced modem with router i could get that'd work with Vodafone ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All wireless DSL modems have a router built in. In fact, I'm not aware of any DSL modem that doesn't have a routing function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Oh, silly me :o. I've never used a wireless network before what do i need to do to make it secure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Ask over in Wireless but all you need to do is enable WPA encryption.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Ask over in Wireless but all you need to do is enable WPA encryption.

MC

Great thanks very much for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

all the information you need will come with the modem and you will get a password from vodafone in the post or by email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

i am very curious to hear feedback on Vodafone's service. Has anyone had a chance to share their experience yet?

Advertisement