Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Becket Bridge 1pm-about 3pm today.

• 13-05-2009 12:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just to let anyone know on short notice that the Becket Bridge will be heading up the Liffey from The East Link from about 1.30pm today (in about an hour or so). It was postponed from last night due to high wind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well I haven't been reading or watching any news. Where is it going to be located, where's the final stop?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Between the pedestrian bridge and the East Link. It was shipped over from holland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I've been watching this for a while, I dont know when they are mounting it...

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

It's going to be moored on a pontoon for a few weeks.
    Think it will be lifted into place in early June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I need to wee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Tallon wrote: »
    I've been watching this for a while, I dont know when they are mounting it...

Anyone any ideas?

It's going between Machen Street on the south to the street just beside the new convention centre on the north. I was down looking at it last night, over on the north docks and it's really much less impressive than it could have been. I would assume that it will be more impressive when it's installed and lit up, much like the other bridge that he has designed up the other end of town (can't remember what that's called either)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 East Link rep

Traffic has now been halted at the East Link Bridge. The barge is moving towards the Bridge. The Bridge itself will open at 2.30pm and the whole process will take approximately one hour.
    Regards
    Rachel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

great, we can look forward to brutal traffic conditions for the next 8 hours as things sort themselves out...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's going between Machen Street on the south to the street just beside the new convention centre on the north. I was down looking at it last night, over on the north docks and it's really much less impressive than it could have been. I would assume that it will be more impressive when it's installed and lit up, much like the other bridge that he has designed up the other end of town (can't remember what that's called either)

The James Joyce bridge?

Job done...The Bridge was back down at 3.00pm and the first vehicles back through the East Link Toll Plaza by 3.10pm. All over in less than an hour.
    Regards
    Rachel

• Advertisement

I want pictures guys :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Found this on flickr for anyone interested
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirk_jan/3524799694/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Ah cheers East Link Rep

Cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

Seems fairly flimsy, who will be first to drive over it :)

On the other hand it does look fairly interesting, looking forward to seeing the photos when it's in place and lit up.

Thanks Rachel.

I think it looks class!
    Very impressive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Trev M wrote: »
    Found this on flickr for anyone interested
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirk_jan/3524799694/

Not from today anyway! Good pic though

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Not from today anyway! Good pic though

Well since the guy is based in Rotterdam, it's likely he took it there, when it departed for Ireland.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It was impressive looking at the organization of it going through the East link but it was bloody cold.

But my Brownie 2a is working...nearly dropped it into the water too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement