Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Night Spots in Cork City??

Options
  • 13-05-2009 1:08pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading down to your fine city for the June Bank Holiday and I'm looking for recommendations for good places to go to A)eat out and B) go out at night to i.e. pubs and clubs.

I've never been in Cork before so I haven't the first clue of decent places. I'm staying at the Imperial but I'd take a taxi further afield if need be...

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

Restaurant: Hardwood
    Bar: Bierhaus (next door to Hardwood)
    Nightclub: Havana Browns

This contains all your essentials for a good night: good food, good beer and loads of women.

Your hotel is the most central hotel (that isn't crap) in the city.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

104494431 wrote: »
    Restaurant: Hardwood
    Bar: Bierhaus (next door to Hardwood)
    Nightclub: Havana Browns

This contains all your essentials for a good night: good food, good beer and loads of women.

Your hotel is the most central hotel (that isn't crap) in the city.

Thanks for that... Although I am a girl myself so the 'loads of women' thing doesn't really count :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Youl'd really want to say what age you are and what type of pubs and clubs do you like, music etc as well of course as food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Soho for food and beer
    Havanas for later

Or else try the Bodega if it is open by then

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

104494431: Is that your student number? It's very like my old one but I was 103...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Youl'd really want to say what age you are and what type of pubs and clubs do you like, music etc as well of course as food

We're a couple in our mid 20's.. Into chart/dance music and we're open minded about the food, once it's nice and not astronomically priced we're not fussy..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

kcb wrote: »
    Soho for food and beer
    Havanas for later

Or else try the Bodega if it is open by then

Yep - pretty much all u need - get the meat on volcanic rock, cook it ur self
    It's excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Kick off in Il Pradino for a nice Italian.
    Head to Rob Roy for pint to digest the meal.
    Head down to Chambers on Washington street.
    If you have to go dancing you could go to the evil Havana's!

I'm mid 30's so don't have a clue though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 amz-v-tec

restaurant; Skoozis
    Pub; The Bailey
    Nightclub ; Mangans or Cubins are the best!for dance and chart,skoozis has lovely food!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

Mangans?? Do NOT go there.

A glamorised halting site.

I'd recommend headin to aroma if u want chinese or il padrino for italian.

Then for a pub head to the bailey or chambers.

Classic for night club or else havanas.

I'm 20 so my choices could be different to yers.

• Advertisement

well if ur not there lookin for trouble lik most clubs have its a good spot for music..classic is too strict:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

lol at "Mangans".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

you could goto captain americas resturant on north main street, they then have a bar upstairs called soho, which i think is a pretty cool spot

chambers would be another good spot for a pub, its on washington street, not too far from north main street

and for a club i would say the classic on north main street

i dunno why everyone thinks havanas is great, its an alrite spot granted, but their music is just shocking, all u can hear going on is massive sub woofer and base THUDS

people say its a ''glamourised halting site'' 3 of my friends bags got robbed in cubins...my friends coat in the classic..every nite club down here is the same:rolleyes:

BArra wrote: »
    you could goto captain americas resturant on north main street
    true captain americas is a lovely place too..friendly and nice food!

amz-v-tec wrote: »
    people say its a ''glamourised halting site'' 3 of my friends bags got robbed in cubins...my friends coat in the classic..every nite club down here is the same:rolleyes:

Did they leave them on their seats whilst dancing/at the bar? It's not just the palce, you don't leave your bag down/out of your site ever.

well i know for one of um we were all standing around the table in cubins with our bags underneath us and when she went to grab a fag.. gone!when she went 2 the bathroom there was her things stuffed behind the toilet wit her bag gone,money,passport,ids!an all fairness some people!:rolleyes:

steady on there, magnans IS known by any normal person of in and around twenty years old, that it attracts masses of knackers from all walks of life

there must be a reason why on duty police are stationed inside of the place... :pac:

keep away from mangans, whatever you do, keep away from mangans

its tripe. and it clientel are less than desirable

well i know for one of um we were all standing around the table in cubins with our bags underneath us and when she went to grab a fag.. gone!when she went 2 the bathroom there was her things stuffed behind the toilet wit her bag gone,money,passport,ids!an all fairness some people!:rolleyes:

It happens, dunno if I'd bad mouth a club over it. You get it everywhere unfourtunatly :( My coat got stolen in the Classic one night and that's a pretty nice place.

i suppose ur right!you'd get ur bag robbed on the no.3 bus these days!:P exact same happened to my friend in there...ah sure what can ya do!

• Advertisement

i suppose ur right!you'd get ur bag robbed on the no.3 bus these days!:P exact same happened to my friend in there...ah sure what can ya do!

I'm too tired too come up with a witty repsonse :( Well it''s nearly Summer and hopefully no coats required soon!

BArra wrote: »
    steady on there, magnans IS known by any normal person of in and around twenty years old, that it attracts masses of knackers from all walks of life
    and it clientel are less than desirable

im not a knacker?!neither are my friends..i havent seen one gaurd in there..only once checkin ids!

a woman i know went to cubins..got her face bust in by a polish couple when the bouncer(who was polish)just stood there and threw HER out...never seen that happen in mangans bein honest...

haha its nice to have someone nice on this for a change:D
    i give up on the weather here..my brothers in crete for the summer..depressd:(

haha its nice to have someone nice on this for a change:D
    i give up on the weather here..my brothers in crete for the summer..depressd:(

Oh pants! My brother is inter-railing around Europe :eek: The weather would want to pick up I'm sick of my bloody jeans, so I bought some shorts and and skinny tanks in Killarny today to cheer me up lol.

I can't wait to go clubbing and not have a coat and just a tank or summery dress :D

Aw is no-one nice here? Some people can be a tad sarcastic alright.

oh god im the same!:eek:hate coats and stuff because tryin to keep track of um you'd feel more comfortable just free lol a tad?jeez why are we cork people so sarcastic:(

oh god im the same!:eek:hate coats and stuff because tryin to keep track of um you'd feel more comfortable just free lol a tad?jeez why are we cork people so sarcastic:(

I'm not from Cork either *technically* :p I dunno, you get used to it! It's rubbing off on me!

I always lose my bloody coat ticket as well! It always falls outta my clutch when I'm at the bar! I used to work in a club *briefly* and I know how awful it is on the other end, cause even if you remember them wearing that coat they can describe perfectly, club policy is that they usually have to wait just in case we give it too the wrong person :(

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I'm not from Cork either *technically* :p I dunno, you get used to it! It's rubbing off on me!

I always lose my bloody coat ticket as well! It always falls outta my clutch when I'm at the bar! I used to work in a club *briefly* and I know how awful it is on the other end, cause even if you remember them wearing that coat they can describe perfectly, club policy is that they usually have to wait just in case we give it too the wrong person :(

haha born and raised here in this **** hole..worst thing is born and raised on the north side of the city proper scum livin next door:( haha now livin in the country and i love it!i actually never lost my coat im very good that way just has a bitch fit if i cant find it!i make my boyf keep the coat ticket in his pocket and if he lost the tic!!...god help him lol lol
    ah no thats kinda lousy alrite

haha born and raised here in this **** hole..worst thing is born and raised on the north side of the city proper scum livin next door:( haha now livin in the country and i love it!i actually never lost my coat im very good that way just has a bitch fit if i cant find it!i make my boyf keep the coat ticket in his pocket and if he lost the tic!!...god help him lol lol
    ah no thats kinda lousy alrite

lol I can only imagine! Maybe I should find myself a new boyfriend for those little tasks ha! I'm pretty good at never losing things, then again a few stories would beg to differ :pac: I've had some bizarre nights man! Really wanna go to Cubins now, pity I'm broke.

do you drive a honda civic vtec amy ?

• Advertisement

Vinta81 wrote: »
    lol I can only imagine! Maybe I should find myself a new boyfriend for those little tasks ha! I'm pretty good at never losing things, then again a few stories would beg to differ :pac: I've had some bizarre nights man! Really wanna go to Cubins now, pity I'm broke.

same here lol i know ppl who go out and lose their phone everytime...how like??:rolleyes:never went on a sun nite heard its good tho couldnt go out in this rain...off tomoro and all...just get drunk on the couch and fall asleep lol:cool:

Advertisement