Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Night Spots in Cork City??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 amz-v-tec

yup i.6 sir

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Ah no Cubins is only good on a Thursday! I've never lost my phone on a night out, I'd DIE if I did!

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Ah no Cubins is only good on a Thursday! I've never lost my phone on a night out, I'd DIE if I did!

die?if phones were some how banned id die!lol
    its like a leash wen ur 16 and ur mam and dad are ringin ya every second askin where u are lol

them days are over!thank god!phew!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

amz-v-tec wrote: »
    die?if phones were some how banned id die!lol
    its like a leash wen ur 16 and ur mam and dad are ringin ya every second askin where u are lol

them days are over!thank god!phew!:eek:

My mum does it too my youngest brother still and he's 18 bess him lol. She never rings me, I was a good girl, I'm 20 now but I do get the questions the next day sometimes, what time did you get in? why? who were you with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

i really dont know why anyone would go to havanas-the Dj's i have heard in there have only played chart music and do very little mixing. also soho is a kip,no atmosphere in the place. classic is another dive.

At least with mangans theres decent dance & unrestricted music,but yes it can be messy,never had any major hassle there myself though,unlike other clubs.
    The crane lane is a OK spot - too busy at times though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭baileyjackson

Pub above Captain Americas is called SUAS no SoHo. Both are nice spots tho.
    Food in CA's is reheated crap!

Mangans is a scummer hole, couldnt pay me to go there.

Drinks wise: The Bailey, Newport, Long Island or The Brog

Food: Wagamamas [Japanese], or Amicus [EVERYTHING!!]

Avoid Gorbys Clubbing of your over 21 and its a College Night, Same goes for Fast Eddies. Go to Cubins, Havanahs or The Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

The Pavilion is good on a friday night.

Hip hop with stevie G and also good house music in there on a saturday.

Another nice bar is sober lane. Nice food and good place for a drink too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

The Crane Lane, Counihans, Costigans and the Old Oak are all good spots for a lively drink, no 5 Fenn's Quay, 14A French Church Street and Casanova on North Main Street are all good spots for a meal. If you are a veggie (like me) Cafe Paradiso on the Western Road is fantastic. Agree with the posters who said to avoid Mangans and Cubins.... good advice there!

Pub above Captain Americas is called SUAS no SoHo. Both are nice spots tho.
    Food in CA's is reheated crap!

Mangans is a scummer hole, couldnt pay me to go there.

the whole lot of cork city is a scummer hole!?cubins can be just as bad as mangans!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

For food: Amicus on Paul street is really nice, as is the cornstore on the coal quay! Soho has really good food aswell as a nice bar! I wouldn't be a fan of captain americas to be honest, the one time I was there the food was dry and tasteless!!
    For drinks: Soho is nice, Suas is great (above captain americas on north main street) Long island on western rd for coctails & excellent music! The Chambers is a cool bar too on western road!
    Clubs: Avoid Mangans and Cubins like the plague!! Im mid 20's also and like the same type of music as you, mangans and cubins have a young enough crowd! I would say hevanas (on a saturday night there is chart downstairs but upstairs is all dance & its really good) The classic is ok too!

The longest distance between the places iv mentioned is about 5 minutes walk which is really handy if you have your party (painful) shoes on!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    i really dont know why anyone would go to havanas-the Dj's i have heard in there have only played chart music and do very little mixing. also soho is a kip,no atmosphere in the place. classic is another dive.

At least with mangans theres decent dance & unrestricted music,but yes it can be messy,never had any major hassle there myself though,unlike other clubs.
    The crane lane is a OK spot - too busy at times though.

um what part of havana's do you go in? my friends boyfriend is the dj on the top floor and he mixes always!

mangans is a crap hole and is full of strange people!music is crap too.

the crane lane is good, good atmosphere most of the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

um what part of havana's do you go in? my friends boyfriend is the dj on the top floor and he mixes always!

Anto is it?

Advertisement