Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bikes sales also in serious decline

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

galwaytt wrote: »
    I think your no's are slightly out on that one.

A GBP 5k T100, imported, would cost you € 7339 landed, excluding shipping, which would add Eur350, call that rounded to € 7600. That's nowhere near the 3k you're talking about.....

And, remember, if you drive it away from the dealer, as distinct from collecting it by carrier, you'll have to stump up the GBP£ 744 VAT extra as well (but you can reclaim it back from HM Revenue, after registering it here..)

The 3,000 euro was just referring to the difference in price between the UK price (5,000 sterling) and the price the same bike is sold new here - in fairness to the dealers they're not making that much on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

There's definitely a major price drop. My v-rod is for sale, although not really trying except for my sig. There's ones for sale on cbg and carzone for 13-16k. I've not had one offer for mine and it's up for under 11k. Crazy.
    I'm not even using the bike, but can't bring myself to sell it for some stupidly low price.... guess I'm stuck with it for another year :rolleyes: :D

ps: a v-rod is certainly not for when your older. Very very fast machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

jimbling wrote: »
    There's definitely a major price drop. My v-rod is for sale, although not really trying except for my sig. There's ones for sale on cbg and carzone for 13-16k. I've not had one offer for mine and it's up for under 11k. Crazy.
    I'm not even using the bike, but can't bring myself to sell it for some stupidly low price.... guess I'm stuck with it for another year :rolleyes: :D

ps: a v-rod is certainly not for when your older. Very very fast machine.

What year is it? There's an 04 V-Rod for sale on donedeal for 9 grand.

Actually, yours is the one on adverts.ie?? 9,500 seems a good price for that bike.

Advertisement