Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas (Calor) Boiler Water Pressure

• 13-05-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Lately, we have been turning on the immersion to boost the hot water (for the tap's) even though the central heating has been running (rads all okay).

Can some-one verify the following:
    1. The pressure guage on the boiler when NOT running is 0.5bar. Correct/Incorrect.
    2. When the central heating is running, pressure guage reads 0.9bar. Correct/Incorrect.

The temperature setting on the boiler is set to 70c while a thermostat on the lagged hot water cylinder is set to 60c.

In the hotpress I don't see a large red vessel above the hot water cylinder and there is a gate valve (closed) on a pipe coming from the attic which is connected to a manifold. There are 2 other gate valve's which I've worked out supply the water for the hot and cold tap's.

Hope the above info will help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Bringing up my old post to see if current viewers can answer the 2 questions posed

Could mods move this to "Plumbing and Heating" please.

Advertisement