Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to get elected mayor

Options
  • 13-05-2009 2:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭

Dublin is to get a directly elected mayor next year, it was confirmed this afternoon.

Environment Minister John Gormley described the announcement as "the most significant change to leadership in the capital since the foundation of the state".

From 2010, the new mayor will be responsible for planning, waste management, water services and housing across the four local authorities in Dublin.

He or she will also act as the chairperson of the Dublin Transport Authority.

From: http://www.herald.ie/breaking-news/n...0-1736836.html

Apparently, apart from a minimum age and citizenship there are no restrictions for people to apply for the job. Therefore I am going to run for Mayor of Dublin.
    My question is...how/where do I apply?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You have my vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

You also have my vote good sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

seriously though, will it make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

what do they actually currently do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I wonder how much is this shambles gonna cost us?.

And guys, this isn't AH so lets try keep the discussion somewhat mature, eh!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jcatony

And guys, this isn't AH so lets try keep the discussion somewhat mature, eh!.

200k a year. And they say there's no money left in the coffers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 terrydub

And who do you think is being mentioned as being the first holder of this office.........
    Bertie Ahern ,will we ever learn............

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

terrydub wrote: »
    And who do you think is being mentioned as being the first holder of this office.........
    Bertie Ahern ,will we ever learn............

Jaysus I never thought of that! Sorry Turd, gonna have to go with Bertie.

EDIT: Google comes up with nothing, conspiracy I think.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I here by put my name forward as the boards.ie candidate.

Vote early and VOTE OFTEN!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I here by put my name forward as the boards.ie candidate.

Vote early and VOTE OFTEN!

Nuh-uh. I called dibbs already. Anyways I need to know how to apply. It could be alot of fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Why refer to it as a shambles already? I'm disheartened by continuous baseless negativity. What is your view? "Everything's ****e so lets give up"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

That is a massive job. In charge of all 4 local authorities and the DTO. I expect your vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BendiBus wrote: »
    Why refer to it as a shambles already? I'm disheartened by continuous baseless negativity. What is your view? "Everything's ****e so lets give up"?

Well early indications are that central government are not going to devolve power's to the new elected Mayor's office, so whats the point?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Nuh-uh. I called dibbs already. Anyways I need to know how to apply. It could be alot of fun :D

I presume its no different to any election. You will need a few signatures and apply at the courthouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

From: http://www.herald.ie/breaking-news/n...0-1736836.html

Apparently, there are no restrictions for people to apply for the job.

Bertie's thinking of running; you might find that serial appearances at the planning tribunal might be a prerequisite - that and an ability to climb trees in north Dublin as a (not-so-successful) means of identifying other corrupt officials.

It mightn't be quite as easy as you think ;)

Advertisement