Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kenwyne Jones to Manchester United....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Just saw the poll, are there really 12 people in the world let alone the forum who think Jones is good enough for United?

We are tooling up for a decade of european dominance not preparing for next seasons relegation battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Just saw the poll, are there really 12 people in the world let alone the forum who think Jones is good enough for United?

We are tooling up for a decade of european dominance not preparing for next seasons relegation battle.

ABU's Hoping fergie buys Jones and not Tevez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

no but putting your opinion in the wrong place makes you very wrong... sorry about the newb, but a load of names i have never seenaround Soccer have started posting (a high % of poor) threads, you sir are one of them!

Agree that posting in the wrong section is messy but where does it say that you have to be a reg to post up a new thread? Its a public forum FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bantee wrote: »
    Agree that posting in the wrong section is messy but where does it say that you have to be a reg to post up a new thread? Its a public forum FFS.

technically i think it is a private forum - as you need to be granted access:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lol

I'd honestly rather the likes of Kevin Doyle or even McDonald from Celtic than K Jones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

We'll give you Samuel Eto'o for the same price you bought Berbatov for? We might even throw Hleb/ Gudjohnsen in to sweeten the pot... ;)

eZe^ wrote: »
    We'll give you Samuel Eto'o for the same price you bought Berbatov for? We might even throw Hleb/ Gudjohnsen in to sweeten the pot... ;)

Honestly, i'd jump at the chance to take Eto'o. Maybe a change of scenery and a new challenge is exactly what he needs. He'd be a better striker than those we have at the club now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

Never gonna happen. End of.

close thread now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Nah would have Jones anyday over Eto'o, at least he can score against English defenses. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

eagle eye wrote: »
    I know that a lot of the big clubs are looking a Keirrison. He just joined Palmeiras in January from Santos and has 24 goals in 27 games. He will be coming to Europe this summer. His is 20 years old and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up at United.

Could just be the new Kerlon, but I think Real Madrid have an agreement in place already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

And his southampton days must have left a big impression on 'Arry, given that Spurs tried to sign Jones in January.
    If the rumours of Spurs wanting him in January in a cash plus Bent deal were true, i would have snapped Spurs' hand off. In fact i would give Jones and cash for Bent.

I thought they were only rumours. In January the tabloids looked at every forward that had played for Arry and started speculating. If Suprs signed every player they were linked with then they would have more players than fans (About 172:D).

Remember the David James to spurs rumours? the newspaper logic is simply what do Spurs need, who has played for redknapp before, ok that sounds like a decent rumour, lets print it.

I thought they were only rumours. In January the tabloids looked at every forward that had played for Arry and started speculating. If Suprs signed every player they were linked with then they would have more players than fans (About 172:D).

Remember the David James to spurs rumours? the newspaper logic is simply what do Spurs need, who has played for redknapp before, ok that sounds like a decent rumour, lets print it.

I'm sure i remember Harry talking specifically about Jones and that they were trying to do a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm sure i remember Harry talking specifically about Jones and that they were trying to do a deal.

"triffic player, super lad, would be a real asset to our club" :D

This is the guy that signed Lauren, Djimi Traore........:D

Knowing Arry, it was a smoke screen to make them look less desperate to sign Keane and Defoe (Who are in a different class to Jones TBH.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Boggles wrote: »
    Nah would have Jones anyday over Eto'o, at least he can score against English defenses. ;)

Considering he scored in a CL final against Arsenal, and also the winning goal away at Stamford Bridge the same year means you're attempt at humour has backfired... Unlucky... ;)

• Advertisement

We don't need two Rooneys or Even Parks for that matter.

Are you crazy?

2 Rooneys is exactly what's needed, with Berbatov and Ronaldo adding nothing to work rate (defense wise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Are you crazy?

2 Rooneys is exactly what's needed, with Berbatov and Ronaldo adding nothing to work rate (defense wise)

Maybe because they are told not to.

Do you honestly think that Alex Ferguson would stand for having lazy bastards in his team if every week he was telling these lads to do some tracking back, and week-in week-out they ignnored him?

Really? Do you think that?

The reason these players do less "work" in the defensive side of things is because this is exactly the way Ferguson wants them to play.

This is the reason he has players like Park and Fletcher in his squad, he has the balance between hard working players and "lazy*" players (Berbatov/Ronaldo) pretty much spot on, in my opinion.

CL/PL winners last season, League Champions elect as of this season and another CL Final.

What more do you want?

Fúcking hell.

*I don't, in fact, hold the opinion that either of these players is lazy. They bring something to the team which the manager wants, and OBVIOUSLY brings success.

Des wrote: »
    Maybe because they are told not to.

Do you honestly think that Alex Ferguson would stand for having lazy bastards in his team if every week he was telling these lads to do some tracking back, and week-in week-out they ignnored him?

Really? Do you think that?

The reason these players do less "work" in the defensive side of things is because this is exactly the way Ferguson wants them to play.

This is the reason he has players like Park and Fletcher in his squad, he has the balance between hard working players and "lazy*" players (Berbatov/Ronaldo) pretty much spot on, in my opinion.

CL/PL winners last season, League Champions elect as of this season and another CL Final.

What more do you want?

Fúcking hell.

*I don't, in fact, hold the opinion that either of these players is lazy. They bring something to the team which the manager wants, and OBVIOUSLY brings success.

Woah there Des take a breather, I never said they were lazy, I said 2 Rooneys (as in Park and Tevez) is exactly what is needed to make up for the defensive side of things, to keep the balance right.
    Do you not agree?

*and a FA cup would've been nice:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I voted Yes. Doubt it's for the same reason Utd fan would though.:)

Stekelly wrote: »
    I voted Yes. Doubt it's for the same reason Utd fan would though.:)

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

*bites lip*

Bump :D

why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

IBTL

wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I admire the OP persistence and fight despite taking a fair bit of flack

Firstly, Jones is not worth £15 million, at a stretch, maybe half that, with todays crazy, crazy market.

Secondly, Jones is not better than Adebayor

Thirdly, we've just signed Mame Diouf who Fergie obvious thinks will bring similar qualities to the one you've outlined that you think Jones would bring (and for less than 1/3 of your quoted price)

Fourthly, we've already got Kiko Macheda who needs to be given first team games to develop. Bringing in a 4th striker and pushing him down to 5th choice would probably slow down his develpment significantly.

Fifthly, he'd be fine for a mid table side, but not for the top 4. If I could sign any frontman in the premiership who'd be a big, tall, physical presence, good in the air, Jones would be well down the list.

I'm not going to call you a "newbie" or whatever, because your entitled to your opinion as much as everyone else. I will still be voting no though! ;)

EDIT: Interestingly, I wonder if someone had posted the same thing about Michael Owen to United two months ago, what reception would it have gotten.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Thirdly, we've just signed Diouf who Fergie obvious thinks will bring similar qualities

wtf?!

EDIT: Interestingly, I wonder if someone had posted the same thing about Michael Owen to United two months ago, what reception would it have gotten.

it would have been laughed at.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wtf?!

lol

u1_diouf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Des wrote: »
    lol

u1_diouf.jpg

That can't be true, can it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Now there is a horrific thought....thankfully, I meant a little less Ej-Hajdi and a little more Mame Biram...

120.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Kess73 wrote: »
    That can't be true, can it? :confused:

Not Diouf the serial spitter. some guy who plays in norway for Solskjaers old club...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mame_Biram_Diouf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Not Diouf the serial spitter. some guy who plays in norway for Solskjaers old club...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mame_Biram_Diouf

I was about to start thinking that Ferguson had lost it if it had been the other Diouf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Bump :D

The answer's still no.

Advertisement