Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 & CK 7W Car Kit

• 13-05-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

My N95 used to pair and work fine with my CK 7W car kit but all of a sudden has stopped.
    My mates E65 phone has no issues with the car kit and pairs automatically every time.
    I've just seen there is a firmware upgrade available to v 30.0.015 which i will try next but before i do, has anyone come across this issue with the regular N95 phones ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dts1

Would anyone have any input on this please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I presume you have tried re pairing it with the pairing mode on? They wont take responsibility for software changes and car kits. They normal advise you ave the latest software updated. You haven't got anything to lose

Thanks for the reply Davy. I have tried re-pairing it, but when you say, "with the pairing mode on", what do you mean here, sorry ?

I couldn't seem to upgrade to the newest firmware V30.01 last night either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what he means is that you can't just search for bluetooth devices on your phone, find the car kit and pair with it because then some random guy in traffic could pair with it whenever he wanted. You need to press a button on the car kit before attempting to pair to tell it to accept it. It'll say it your instruction manual how to do it

We all assumed you knew that :P

Authorisation is set on the device so it knows what to connet to.
    However, i notice don the top right hand corner a kind of square grid appeared recently and hadn't a clue where it came from.
    I searched and searched the settings and saw a similiar symbol on wireless LAN.
    I turned this off and the symbol disappeared from the phone (next to where bluetooth connect button is).
    When i got into the car, it paired fine and is working hunky dorey again !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement