Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your pets bad habits!

Options
  • 13-05-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Just following on from another thread with something similar mentioned. What are your pets bad habits?

My fella farts like a trooper! They don't smell but boy are they loud! And they can go on for a right few seconds too. Proper rippers! They usually happen when he sits down. They can produce strange looks from people standing closely - who never seem to believe when you say it was the dog.

He also has a habit of burping in my face while I'm wiping his jowels (he's a Shar Pei so needs to be dried after drinking water). He'll usually wait until I'm kneeling right down in his face before he releases the beast right in my face.

Our Rottie is a right little hussie! She sleeps on her back, spreadeagled, legs akimbo.

And they both snore (though not as bad as me, I am told). He snores like a train. She snores very ladylike.

Am I the only one?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

the farting as well, i think all dogs suffer from this bad habit
    My fellow also enjoys sitting on and licking my other half to death anytime he tries to kiss me, tbh I find this hilarious
    My cat has the worst habit of just following you around crying(and before anyone suggests it she is fine and healthy, she came out of the womb crying and has continued ever since)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

Our "bold" bassett has a fetish for knickers and bras.....am constantly finding them all over the house.

He also plays with his food big style....point blank refuses to eat it from the bowl, he takes some out, runs upstairs and eats it on the landing and then comes back for more.

Oh and when he farts you don't hear it but you certainly smell it....oh boy his farts are enough to make a camel weep........but I love him.....to death we only lovingly refer to him as bold ;) even if he does follow us everywhere....even to the loo, nosey little bugger :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

LBD wrote: »
    Our "bold" bassett has a fetish for knickers and bras.....am constantly finding them all over the house.

Thats so funny! I have visions of a bassett hound rumaging through an underwear drawer with bras on his head! Hahaha!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

cat number one farts... the silent but deadly variety, and it gets worse if she's happy like when you're rubbing her belly

cat number 2... he wakes me at 5am or earlier to let him out to go toilet, even if the litter tray is clean. if i don't get up he threatens to poo on my bedroom floor... and has done so

cat number 3... randomly attacks our legs while walking, scrambles all over the counters (he sat in my boyfriends tea once), tries to lie on our heads when we're asleep, has ripped my houseplants to shreds and pulls all the washing down. he jumped in the kids bath last week too. tbf he is only 6 months though so hopefully he'll calm down a bit!

all three take over the carseat, baby rocker and playgym whether or not my baby is occupying them at the time and they tend to stand on him to give me cuddles too... poor baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Oh god my dog has loads:
    • Sucking cushions like shes still a pup drinking from her mam-like kneading them and sucking at the same time.Shes 13!!
    • Taking a mouthful of food from her bowl,dropping it all over the place till she finds a corner she likes and eats it there.Repeated until the food is finished.
    • Scaring the bejaysus out of anyone who puts anything through the letterbox.We're on the last warning from the postman.
    • Cat chasing-speaks for itself
    • Ignoring me in public but sweet as pie at home
    • Shedding hair...everywhere!But i suppose she cant help that!

• Advertisement

My feline overlady, loves lying across my front, face to face with me. With her open claws in reach of my throat. She has scratched me there for kicks when in particularly scorpy mood.

She also orders me about, like I'm some kind of monkey butler whose only purpose is to fulfill her every whim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

My husky Kodi's worst habit is probably her farting!!! lol.
    It seems to be at its worst when she's chewing on her bits of rawhide! like you'd run away it smells so bad!!! hee hee

Other than that she doesn't have many bad habits, she will try to steal my socks to chew on sometimes and she also loves to hide her bits of rawhide around my room, or underneath me as im sitting on the bed!. i don't consider it a bad habit though, its very funny to watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

1. Cat miaows to be let out window. I let her out. Less than a minute later she is miaowing at a different window to be let back in.

2. I rub cat, cat scrapes and/or bites me.

3. Cat begs like crazy for chicken. I offer her some. She turns up her nose at it.

I linked a picture of her before but, for anybody who missed her, here the little black she-devil is again:

http://pauljkiernan.wordpress.com/2009/04/08/stubborn_cat/

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

Ben's (the dog) farts are terrible, those real eggy ones, quite similar to mine so I can always blame him.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fiona stephanie

oh my boxer has 1 bad habit really but it is a very annoying one!!!

he chews EVERYTHING!
    blankets
    cushions
    shoes
    garden furniture
    skirtting boards!
    buckets
    brushes/mops
    fencing!
    EVERYTHING

i had a gorgeous garden once upon a time! i use to have lovely bbq's out there but now i actually never go out the back the only time i open the back door is to let the monster in and out!!!!:eek:
    my electricity bill is gone throught the roof cause i have to use the dryer all the time cause i cant use the clothes line cause 1. i wud have to walk through loads of mess to get to the line and 2. cause he wud eat the clothes!! haha:D
    he is a nightmare but i still love him!! haha:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 teckster

Not meaning to be a spoil sport - farting in pets is neither funny nor simply a bad habbit. It is the result of wrong nutrition and usually happens when pets are fed commercial pet food.

teckster wrote: »
    Not meaning to be a spoil sport - farting in pets is neither funny nor simply a bad habbit. It is the result of wrong nutrition and usually happens when pets are fed commercial pet food.

are you been serious, this is a jokey thread and dogs will fart even on the best of foods same as people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 teckster

I am as serious as can be. I feel sorry for the dogs & cats who have problems with their digestion (all the air in their tummies).

My dog never farts.

My dog is fed a good quality food but sometimes he farts. Maybe your dog is embarrassed to fart in front of you and waits til you go out to let rip......

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

teckster wrote: »
    I fart and I eat good honest!!!! LOL buts its true....lighten up even a pooch enjoys lettin one rip from time to time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Our Jack Russell is a farter sbd type he could clear croke park with these things somedays and the funniest bit about it is if we are all in the sitting room and i smell it first i'll ask the other half and vice varsa and our little fella goes and hides as if its like oh sh!t they smelt it if they dont see me they wont blame me?!?!?!?

absolutley hilarious :D:D:D

Plus he is fed high quality dog food aimed at his size and age dogs just fart just like humans

his other worst habit is loves knocking down all the cushions of the sofas and chewing the skirting boards :mad::mad::mad:

Still when he is good it is all worth while:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

all animals fart.... as we digest our food the chemical reaction releases gases into the digestive tract which have to come out somewhere, if they didn't they would actually poison the animal in question... be it mouse, human, cow or dog.

some foods cause more of these gases to be released than others so yes quality of food can affect the amount of farting or the odour but ^all^ animals whether they be fed high or low quality food fart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

OUr cat just loves to dig her claws deep into our thighs when she sits up on us for a good old purr. Then she dribbles to show her contentment.

She also legs it up and down the stairs about a dozen times fighting the dustbunnies after her dinner.
    Bless her!

My mum's dog loves a good cuddle up on your shoulder (he's now *way* too big to be carries, but that doesn't stop him) and he nestles his cold wet nose down the back of your top to keep him cosy!
    He's also at the stage of trying to hump everything in sight, mainly my mum's leg, but before he has a go so to speak, he tries to woo her ankle by gently removing her slipper and caressing her leg with his nose before he climbs up.
    What a gent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I was on this thread yesterday and really racking my brains about this that my 7 month old Cav does and I couldn't think of one. Yesterday, she was a perfect little pooch who could do no wrong.

Today's a different story.

This morning, I got up and put on a pair of walking trousers- cotton trackie bottoms that I love. After a few minutes, I felt "draughty" and inspected my trackies more closely to find that the entire underside has been removed by little puppy teeth. I stupidly left them within her reach and she obviously spent last night eating them :(

She table-surf for food. Unless we push the cahirs right in under the diningtable, she jumps on a chair and onto the table and eats whatever she finds there or licks plates and cutlery we haven't yet cleared away.

She talks back. Little whimpering, almost meowing noises if I tell her "no" for doing something she really enjoys.

Her favourite place to sit is on my head when I'm on the couch. This hurts.

Instead of drinking water from her own dish, she likes to drink from the rabbit's dripper bottle.

If she gets into the rabbit hutch, she eats hay which leaves her constipated. We never let her into the hutch so she hangs around outside waiting until some hay gets close enough to the bars and then drags it out.

She sleeps in our bed and pushes me to the side (ok, this is completely our fault)

She hates if someone goes into the bathroom without bringing her. She sits outside the door and whimpers.

When the rabbit is being fed each morning, the pooch begs until she gets a piece.

See? Loads today! Feel bad reading the list though because they're all discipline issues. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

00112984 wrote: »
    Loads today!...

All in one day eh!! They grow up so quick these days!

I forgot to add in the chewing. In no particular order the following have been fubar'd:

Socks
    Scarves
    (Headbands!)
    Tights
    Skirting boards
    Wallpaper
    Gargage doors
    GHD's
    Phone chargers (OH's - I have left my Nokia one around and it's never been touched - they obviously don't do Nokia)
    The rottie also has a penchant for draught excluders...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭FabulousGirl

My dog farts but they're silent and violent. You'll be sitting watching TV with her and suddenly get this foul smell!
    She has a bed in the kitchen and say I'm on the phone or making dinner so not giving the dog my full attention, she'll take all the blankets off her bed, drag them across the room and then pull the pillow out. Then she sits down with a proud look on her face like she's saying "NOW you'll pay me some attention!"
    She's 2 years old now so has grown out of most of her bad puppy behaviour. I don't miss the days of her stealing my laundry, chewing my books and eating my contact lenses!

My friend has 2 cats that like to climb into her underwear drawer and throw her undies across her room. It got so bad she had to put a chair infront of the drawers to stop them opening it but it didn't help, they can still get in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

kildara wrote: »
    Just following on from another thread with something similar mentioned. What are your pets bad habits?

My fella farts like a trooper! They don't smell but boy are they loud! And they can go on for a right few seconds too. Proper rippers! They usually happen when he sits down. They can produce strange looks from people standing closely - who never seem to believe when you say it was the dog.

He also has a habit of burping in my face while I'm wiping his jowels (he's a Shar Pei so needs to be dried after drinking water). He'll usually wait until I'm kneeling right down in his face before he releases the beast right in my face.

Our Rottie is a right little hussie! She sleeps on her back, spreadeagled, legs akimbo.

And they both snore (though not as bad as me, I am told). He snores like a train. She snores very ladylike.

Am I the only one?!

A shar-pei AND a rottie??

Cool:cool:

My boxer snores like a trooper too; louder than any human!!!!
    LBD wrote: »

LOL:D
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    She also orders me about, like I'm some kind of monkey butler whose only purpose is to fulfill her every whim.

Ditto my cat....demanding little feckers they are:)

My cats worst habit has to be sharpening his claws on the hall carpet.

Despite being roared at everytime he does it, and having various things thrown in his general direction to get him to stop he still does it:rolleyes:

I've even gotten him two scratching posts, but he much prefers my carpet.

Pouncing on my feet when I'm sleeping(I always move my feet when I asleep) is another 'speciality' of his. It really ISN'T a nice way to be woken up. He also jumps on my head on occasion, again usually when I'm asleep; cos my hair is fun to play with apparently.

Scaring the bejaysus out of the dog is another speciality of his; he hides and pounces on her at EVERY available opportunity.

He's a little bastard really; mad about him though:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Great thread :) My two cats are Stevie and Lulu (both female).

Stevie
    • drinks out of the toilet / shower tray
    • 'grooms' my boyfriend's hair as soon as he sits on the couch
    • is sweet and gentle with you most of the time, but will 'battle' you to death when in the humour
    • hides and then rugby tackles her sister when she walks past
    • throws kitty litter EVERYWHERE - she seems to be attempting to dig to australia
    • scratches her claws on the couch, carpet, wooden doors, pretty much everything EXCEPT the scratching post
    • attempts (unsuccessfully) to climb the shower curtain

Lulu
    • knocks incessantly on the bedroom door at 5am demanding breakfast (if the door is closed, or)
    • stands on your chest purring good morning at 5am
    • gets inside EVERYTHING - her special favourite is sitting inside bags, but also enjoys boxes, inside the sofa, wardrobe shelves (see below) etc...
    • when getting into wardrobe, she pulls all my clothes out from lower shelves before climbing inside them
    • chews my tights in the underwear drawer
    • is obsessed with climbing on the clothes horse, usually to watch tv
    • chases the mouse cursor on my laptop

(I call them bad habits but of course I actually love them... apart from maybe the kitty litter, that's getting pretty tired... :P)

Advertisement