Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post delivery times-Poland

Options
  • 13-05-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but couldn't find one to fit this exactly.

Sent a cd to Poland by normal regular post, didn't insure it or register it or anything on the 27th of April. An Post website advises it should take around 5 working days but still no sign of it.

Doubt there's anything that can be done, but what do people think- is this too long to be waiting or just normal for An Post. (haven't precluded it being knicked along the way either here or in Poland)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That is a long time. The longest I've ever waited for post going either way was about a week and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Damn it. Must have been swiped so.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Damn it. Must have been swiped so.

Thanks.

Based on the packages my OH has sent home in the last few years, I'd say if its an anyway interesting looking parcel you've a hit rate of under 50% that it will arrive. Thats shocking I know (so much so we try to pretend its not true and try try again...childrens clothes, birthday/event cards, toys....all vanished) but it seems you either need to use a courier, or maybe registered post to at least cover your losses if it fails to arrive...next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Based on the packages my OH has sent home in the last few years, I'd say if its an anyway interesting looking parcel you've a hit rate of under 50% that it will arrive. Thats shocking I know (so much so we try to pretend its not true and try try again...childrens clothes, birthday/event cards, toys....all vanished) but it seems you either need to use a courier, or maybe registered post to at least cover your losses if it fails to arrive...next time!

Ya I suppose I'll know for the next time! Ah it's only a cd but still annoying.

The only thing about it is that it's an Irish band (Jerry Fish)- cant see anyone in Poland having too much interest in that....

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Ya I suppose I'll know for the next time! Ah it's only a cd but still annoying.

The only thing about it is that it's an Irish band (Jerry Fish)- cant see anyone in Poland having too much interest in that....

I'd have thought there'd be little interest in an empty Fathers Day card either, but I guess once the package is opened its easier to trash it then send it on clearly tampered with!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'd have thought there'd be little interest in an empty Fathers Day card either, but I guess once the package is opened its easier to trash it then send it on clearly tampered with!

Never send cards in a sealed envelope, even if there is something in it. A sealed card envelope is a sure fire advertisement for CASH INSIDE. I've sent cash as presents in unsealed envelopes, and they've always gotten through. Others in the family have had sealed envelopes go missing all the time, both with or without spendable content in them.

Advertisement