Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fail F**ked ? ! ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

ninty9er wrote: »
    Mistakes have been made, but since other people (nobody on this thread) have put politics and soccer in the same bracket, you don't stop supporting a team because they're playing **** or badly managed, so when you join a party I have much more respect for you if you can stick with it and try to change it rather than give up like a complete loser and move on to the next crowd, a bit like a particular former Fianna Fáil member who was kicked out of FF, subsequently joined FG, where he was kicked out and is now some sort of "guru" at Libertas.

You know you're right that you shouldn't stop supporting your team if they have a bad patch or a bad manager. But let say they are a bunch of unrepentant cheats, wasted all their resources, the manager was found with bags of unexplained money, they let ticket prices go to a massive level and acted arrogant and stupid whilst doing it. You see then I think you might well stop supporting your team, you might well be embarrassed by your team. I would anyway but maybe I have standards.
    Fianna Fáil is not in terminal decline, it's just adapting at a slower pace than I would like to the world around it.

I was out canvassing tonight, and got some abuse and some very warm welcomes, because even though many people have short memories and don't remember how much their standard of living has improved over the last 10 years, there are those that do and those that realise that a party is something to which people affiliate, but don't always agree with.

I don't blame Fianna Fail for what happened I blame all of us, everyone who kept voting for them. I haven't voted for them in several years but you get my point.

Fianna Fail started out with sounds fundamentals then completely forgot about them and threw money at everything instead of fixing it. They can go down the toilet as far as I'm concerned as a lesson to those who follow.
    If, as one of my counterparts experienced at JUST ONE door this evening, you slam your door in someones face because of a logo on a card, that shows more your ignorance than anything else.

Why are the Fianna Fail logos so small on their election posters?
    If you realistically have something wrong, don't expect us to be mind readers.

I personally said it loud and clear that the waste and bubble was going to get us eventually but for some reason all those poor people with hugely overinflated mortgages didn't want to hear that.
    Just because you've been made redundant, doesn't mean the entire road has, and just because the economic situation is affecting you doesn't mean that it's affecting everyone, so when I go to a door and ask people if they have any issues, it shows complete ignorance on their part if the answer is "you're canvassing for the wrong party". Why am I canvassing for the wrong party, and more to the point, considering I'm the only person that's knocked on the door instead of dumping a leaflet in, tell me what is affecting YOU. "you know damn well" isn't a good answer, and it tells me nothing I can pass to the candidate, who is more than likely with me anyway, which would enable him or her to help you.

Imagine being annoyed a party that lied to and cheated you. I mean the cheek.
    Politics is about serving people, and from what I heard on the doorsteps tonight, soem people are dissatisfied with how things are going in general in the economy, but the vast majority of people are getting on with their lives and it's still as irrelevant to them as it's always been who is in government.

Fianna Fáil is an organisation that is not limited to national government, community, local government and civic duties. And regardless of any opinion expressed anywhere, Fianna Fáil is an organisation whose parliamentary party will continue to exist, because many of you seem to forget that countries don't just need governments, they need oppositions too!

I've learned that Fianna Fail look after Fianna Fail. Might be a good time to show them that isn't okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Pay cuts apply to gross pay. There is a net equivalent, but increased taxes aren't a pay cut in the sense that "my boss took 10% of my wages"

Semantics !!!!!
    I feel much better now that my employer didn't take the money out of my salary, but that it was a tax increase.
    A taxc increase necessary becuase your shower of incompetent gombeen chancers ran the country into the ground.

Oh wait, to use and argument used by yourself or other soldier of destiny previously, it isn't a tax it is alevy that got my money.

All of this makes me feel way better.
    O hang on, I am still down on my salary :rolleyes:
    Hardly, considering she asked him in in the first place. I have absolutely nothing to gain here by telling things as they are, I'll just make the point that the internet is a place where people come to rant, just because YOU are unhappy and miserable, doesn't mean that 4.5 million other people are.

Ah so the 80% odd that are dissatisifed with the government are all ranters and misreable.
    What is, being generous here, 75% of 4.5 million BTW ?

Yes we are unhappy and misreable.
    How dare us, we should be grateful that the economy is now a steaming pile of sh**e.
    Ah bertie is alive and well.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

jmayo wrote: »
    Ah so the 80% odd that are dissatisifed with the government are all ranters and misreable.

And does anyone in FF twig WHY we are miserable, and whose fault it is ?

Or do they all come on message boards saying "that miserable, complaining shower - they should look around and realise that the percentage of the 4.5 million population that aren't broke because of our actions are still WAY better off and aren't miserable, and should cheer up as a result...."

I would LOVE to see a mature, informed Ireland electorate return even ONE constituency with a 0% vote for FF; unfortunately, the way politics works in this country (a) that's not gonna happen because of inbred voting and (b) if FF still managed to get in, they'd shaft that constituency...

Oh, hang on, they're doing (b) to everyone, so maybe that's not an issue....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭briktop

Keep the dream alive 99er -
    you guys are so getting ass-raped in a few weeks .

briktop wrote: »

That's only half the battle, though......the events of the past 12 months (and more) have shown that incompetent, corrupt and greedy people have no concept of responsibility and the impact of their fv<k-ups and greed....

And until THAT changes, a trouncing for FF and their buddies will not get the message through to them that that's not acceptable.....

THAT'S the message that we - the public - somehow have to drive home, and I'm not sure how we can do that if the supposed "top" politicians and their blinkered lackeys choose to ignore it and blame "world events" and "non-deliberate policy decisions"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Last night I caught a bit of the Oireachtas report on RTE. There she was dressed in a bright red striped jacket with large white buttons. I looked again thinking I was watching a clown at the circus, no it was the Tanaiste, wearing a clowns jacket. As usual she was unable to answer any questions put to her, no wonder the voters have turned with the likes of this FF clown in office. Somebody in PR should advise her about sober dressing in times of recession during work hours.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Last night I caught a bit of the Oireachtas report on RTE. There she was dressed in a bright red striped jacket with large white buttons. I looked again thinking I was watching a clown at the circus, no it was the Tanaiste, wearing a clowns jacket. As usual she was unable to answer any questions put to her, no wonder the voters have turned with the likes of this FF clown in office. Somebody in PR should advise her about sober dressing in times of recession during work hours.

he he saw that and thought the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

briktop wrote: »

You know the scary thing is they will still get votes...
    If there was a GE in the morning you will have eejits saying
    a) the devil you know is better than the devil you don't
    b) i could never vote FG
    c) how could we have Kenny as leader of our country
    d) I'd vote for FG if he wasn't leader so I'll just suffer clowen et al
    d) you can't trust the other crowd they'd be just as bad

All the while it is the people of this country that are taking it up the ass and not them :rolleyes:
    It would be ok if it was only their supporters and their voters (who couldn't care less about country because they were doing alrigh jack), but it is all of us that are getting shafted and it looks like it will be our kids as well.

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    You know the scary thing is they will still get votes...
    If there was a GE in the morning you will have eejits saying
    a) the devil you know is better than the devil you don't
    b) i could never vote FG
    c) how could we have Kenny as leader of our country
    d) I'd vote for FG if he wasn't leader so I'll just suffer clowen et al
    d) you can't trust the other crowd they'd be just as bad

All the while it is the people of this country that are taking it up the ass and not them :rolleyes:
    It would be ok if it was only their supporters and their voters (who couldn't care less about country because they were doing alrigh jack), but it is all of us that are getting shafted and it looks like it will be our kids as well.

I heard all of this at the last election and see where that got us. You're right scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

I agree its this kind of negative thinking that will get us nowhere. You would be sick of people like Vincent Browne saying that Kenny would not be a good taoiseach. How bad are we as a nation that many people will persume that Kenny wouldnt be any better than Cowen without giving him an opportunity to proove himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭briktop

i see no reason not to vote for kenny - FG

they may be the same - only civil unrest is going to change the way our governments view us

but at least hes FRESH , at least he isnt fat, bloated and thinking the irish people are his slaves .

we need fresh blood , a fresh view ,

the present gov is worn out , out of touch ( never actually had any touch really ) - and needs to die horribly in any chance we get to vote.

we need to burn these leeches off our backs now.

dont just vote them out , DESTROY THEM and the Greens , for what they have done and would like to continue doing to the irish people .

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

I'd give it about 6 months of FG being in government before this forum willl be full of threads giving out about them-maybe less.

I don't expect FG to be in government though,it will be FF and labour and probably the greens.

You're kidding, right? On the current poll figures those three parties couldn't form a government even if they wanted to, not that Labour would go anywhere near them anyway.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2009/0515/1224246568699.html

Face it, FF have ruined the country. They blew the boom. We now face high unemployment, the return of emigration, and high government debt. It will be years before we get back to where we were in 2007. Nobody else could make things much worse at this stage.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/financial-crisis/celtic-tiger--has-departed-and-will-never-return--esri-1739874.html

At this point I am amazed there are still people willing to vote for this bunch of corrupt incompetent gombeen crooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

I'd give it about 6 months of FG being in government before this forum willl be full of threads giving out about them-maybe less.

I don't expect FG to be in government though,it will be FF and labour and probably the greens.

Your probably right about the tone of the bltching and moaning that would happening if FG where in power.
    But to be fair FF have been in control of the country for 20 out of the 22 years. So most of the blame for the current mess lies on there doorstep.

Could you imagine if FG/Lab had won the last election. FF would be savaging them in opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

The whole stupid attitude of the Irish electorate could be summed up by the fact that my nan has a picture of Charley Haughey in her room.

teednab-el wrote: »
    You would be sick of people like Vincent Browne saying that Kenny would not be a good taoiseach. How bad are we as a nation that many people will persume that Kenny wouldnt be any better than Cowen without giving him an opportunity to proove himself.

+1

To paraphrase Dunphy, Kenny may not be a great taoiseach, or even a good taoiseach, but he couldn't be worse than the current idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    +1

To paraphrase Dunphy, Kenny may not be a great taoiseach, or even a good taoiseach, but he couldn't be worse than the current idiot.

Quite right. Someone said on Browne's show that Cowan is leader of the FF party not the country.

Advertisement