Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you regret buying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    He he :)

It's damn good isn't it.

I admit it, it is outstanding

I love the turn limit, in C&C I used to sit back and pick off enemies 1 by 1
    In this you have to actually have a battle plan to finish on time.

You can also not just swamp your enemies, as the balances are great.
    1 good lancer shot and bye bye tank, well placed grenade bye bye infantry support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AlyTheHedgehog

Hmm, let's see....

Astro Boy (PS2)......yeah kinda bought it 'cos it was going cheap at the time :(
    Sonic '06 (Xbox 360).... Story, cutscenes and graphics were great:) but the gameplay and camera were both akward and buggy.
    Spyro: Enter The Dragofly (Nintendo Game Cube) ......Nothing else to say other than pure and utter cr*p :mad:, I had good expectations for this game.(I was 10 and into Spyro at the time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (PSP) - Bought it it was so bad that the older versions (Order of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire) were much better. So i bought the PC version and its great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I admit it, it is outstanding

I love the turn limit, in C&C I used to sit back and pick off enemies 1 by 1
    In this you have to actually have a battle plan to finish on time.

You can also not just swamp your enemies, as the balances are great.
    1 good lancer shot and bye bye tank, well placed grenade bye bye infantry support

Have any of you suckers played the DLC yet?

Selvaria's missions in particular?

noodler wrote: »
    Have any of you suckers played the DLC yet?

Selvaria's missions in particular?

I am still playing the main story line, been moving apartments so only been able to grab an hour or two, at a time.
    Still only after getting to the episode,
    where the imps allow Welkin and Alisha leave, the Cabin, after laying an ememy to rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am still playing the main story line, been moving apartments so only been able to grab an hour or two, at a time.
    Still only after getting to the episode,
    where the imps allow Welkin and Alisha leave, the Cabin, after laying an ememy to rest

Bah you are barely halfway through.

Bah I say

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have the DLC but haven't played it yet :)

noodler wrote: »
    Bah you are barely halfway through.

Bah I say

Give me a break, I only got it last week, in the middle of moving apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Bruce Buffer

I know a lot of people wont be happy but I have to say street fighter 4. I just think that if you dont have XBL it can get very boring very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Not a bad game tbh, buts its a Rent, not a buy...50 quid compared to 8.

It great 1st when you are blowing stuff up, but then thats all the game is, every mission is the same really, and its gets old fast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Oblivion...just couldn't get into it at all.
    I had this opinion....tried twice to get into the game and failed. Everyone kept on saying how good the game was I couldn't understand why...I mean the dungeon was boring, and then I couldn't find anything interesting to do....

I tried it for one last time as I had no games to play and no money to buy one....It took about another 4 hours of play (after my initial 3-5 hours from the first two times of playing) before I got into the game and after that I was hooked....probably put 80 hours plus into oblivion.

Personally I have bought a lot of games I regret buying...GRAW2, Jericho, Assasins Creed, GTAIV to name but a few.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I know a lot of people wont be happy but I have to say street fighter 4. I just think that if you dont have XBL it can get very boring very quickly.

or friends :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Bruce Buffer

Jazzy wrote: »
    or friends :p

I have freinds :D. But only 2 of them have it and there not very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cobbles

i have to say... GTAIV... it is good/alright but it was a serious serious SERIOUS let down to what i was expecting. i can talk about how much i was let down for ages but i think it might have something to do with my addiction to COD4. ive managed to clock in 20 days in that game since it came out inbetween work. wow i was a wreck at 1 stage lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I found Oblivion to be a far more compelling game than Fallout 3, there seemed to be more opportunities to go off mission and see the world, seeing different landscapes, peoples, colour, whilst all Fallout seems to consist of is variations on a theme of brown.
    Not sure how anyone could be disappointed by GTAIV, that game was amazing, still is, the city is your playground and with tons to do, radio stations to tune into, it is in every way an evolution of everything that made the previous GTA titles great.
    If you don't like GTAIV, it's unlikely that GTAIII/VC or SA did much for you either.
    Perhaps it's simply that whole genre that doesn't float your boat?
    In which case it seems a little unfair to condemn it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I loved Vice City and quite liked San Andreas but GTA IV did nothing for me. It wasn't an evolution in anything except production values, it was a step back in everything else. There was far less to do than in even GTA 3, the story failed due to poor writing that couldn't do the serious and left out the humour, and there was very little variety in missions. I couldn't say it was bad but Saints Row 2 was way better.

Saying that the Lost and the Damned is an awful lot better than the main game. The humour is back, the mission variety is great and the new songs really suit it. My brother is a way bigger GTA fan than me and was disappointed with IV as well but loves Saints Row 2 and the lost and the damned.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

hmm worst games ive bought...

pn:03 for the game cube well i thinks thats what its called its a woman in a white robotic suit shooting and the enemies repeating over and over oh and she could do cart wheels oh the innovation..

hawx for the 360

enter the matrix for original xbox

cant think of the others guess i blocked the bad experiences from my mind can never bring myself to trade them or get rid of them tho so i have piles of crap games around the place from consoles from the mega drive till now bad times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cobbles

I loved Vice City and quite liked San Andreas but GTA IV did nothing for me. It wasn't an evolution in anything except production values, it was a step back in everything else. There was far less to do than in even GTA 3, the story failed due to poor writing that couldn't do the serious and left out the humour, and there was very little variety in missions. I couldn't say it was bad but Saints Row 2 was way better.

Saying that the Lost and the Damned is an awful lot better than the main game. The humour is back, the mission variety is great and the new songs really suit it. My brother is a way bigger GTA fan than me and was disappointed with IV as well but loves Saints Row 2 and the lost and the damned.

i agree with u! 3, VC, SA are all gems with that special atmosphere u dont get in 4

pn:03 for the game cube well i thinks thats what its called its a woman in a white robotic suit shooting and the enemies repeating over and over oh and she could do cart wheels oh the innovation..

God forgot about that game. It really was awful. Can't believe it's a shinji Mikami game either. I suppose we can forgive him this once for all the gaming goodness he has given us.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

God forgot about that game. It really was awful. Can't believe it's a shinji Mikami game either. I suppose we can forgive him this once for all the gaming goodness he has given us.

:( I really liked PN0:3,once you got used to the controls it felt very fluid and was a lot of fun to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Arma 2

What a pos game. Single player is so bugged its impossible due to almost every script in every mission being broken. Multiplayer = spending 20 minites getting from spawn point to enemy base to get killed by someone you cant see and have to spend another 20 minites getting back to the fight :(

The scope of the game is cool but damm it just dosent work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Gran Turismo 4. It was just boring. I had loved 3, played it to death. 4 came along, and it brought nothing new to the plate - at all (unless nitro can be counted). It was just boring. And then T10 had Forza on the Xbox shortly after (or before, I don't remember), which improved on the GT formula in every way. Anyway, GT4 felt like pulling teeth from a hen, while Forza offered a driving engine and structure that was a comparative dream (while still flawed).

Also KOTOR2 was terrible. I got an xbox to play the first (great game), and expectations for the sequel were high, but it failed in the areas where KOTOR excelled. And where did FFX-I and XII go wrong? I loved X and the previous versions, but then it fell apart. I am not having too high hopes for XIII as a result (hope I am wrong tho)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Killzone 2.....jesus what a trainwreck...took me 2 hours just to turn around in a 360:pac:

Mirrors Edge, it just feels broken.
    You jump, right next to a ledge, easy reach for the character and whe does not reach. It feels like tomb raider 1 from the PS all those years ago.

It is not a fighting game yet it makes you fight, which is terrible to control.

The indoor levels are continuous trial, die, try again while getting 10 feet further, die start again, continue untill you discover end path. Why is there only 1 path that you can take??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mirrors Edge, it just feels broken.
    You jump, right next to a ledge, easy reach for the character and whe does not reach. It feels like tomb raider 1 from the PS all those years ago.

It is not a fighting game yet it makes you fight, which is terrible to control.

The indoor levels are continuous trial, die, try again while getting 10 feet further, die start again, continue untill you discover end path. Why is there only 1 path that you can take??
    I found plenty of paths to take in a lot of cases :confused:

I found plenty of paths to take in a lot of cases :confused:

Outdoors yeah, but indoors I always seem to get lead to 1 elevator or 1 door, with a very limited path option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

ME is definitely flawed, but when you string together a load of moves, wall running, slide under obstacle, jump over obstacle, wall leap up to a ledge, then disarm a cop without taking a hit, it feel like nothing else youve ever played and is geniunely exhilarating

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Venom wrote: »
    Arma 2

What a pos game. Single player is so bugged its impossible due to almost every script in every mission being broken. Multiplayer = spending 20 minites getting from spawn point to enemy base to get killed by someone you cant see and have to spend another 20 minites getting back to the fight :(

The scope of the game is cool but damm it just dosent work.

You can parajump or respawn at the mobile spawn by going to the flag in your base when you die :pac:

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I found Oblivion to be a far more compelling game than Fallout 3, there seemed to be more opportunities to go off mission and see the world, seeing different landscapes, peoples, colour, whilst all Fallout seems to consist of is variations on a theme of brown.

My thoughts on the two also, I prefer the main story line on fallout3, although the guild quests (especially the assassins guild ) on Oblivion were awesome on
    Not sure how anyone could be disappointed by GTAIV, that game was amazing, still is, the city is your playground and with tons to do, radio stations to tune into, it is in every way an evolution of everything that made the previous GTA titles great.
    If you don't like GTAIV, it's unlikely that GTAIII/VC or SA did much for you either.
    Perhaps it's simply that whole genre that doesn't float your boat?
    In which case it seems a little unfair to condemn it.

I have played GTA, GTAII, GTAIII, GTA San Andreas and GTAIV so I think I can safely say the whole sandbox GTA thing I get. What dissapointed me with GTA IV was the lack of humour. It simply not as "fun" as the other games.

GTA II had better humour (the elvis's cracked me up with laughter), GTA III had better car mechanics (in that the cars just skidded everywhere, but it was fun!!!), San Andreas had included an RPG element which I liked. GTAIV it almost too refined for me. The storyline doesnt grabbed me. Its not as much fun to just run around the city doing crazy jumps etc.

The graphics and the aiming/shooting/cover system are better, but the game just doesn't feel as much fun as previous games in the series, and that for me is ultimately the deciding factor on why I regret buying it.

• Advertisement

0ubliette wrote: »
    ME is definitely flawed, but when you string together a load of moves, wall running, slide under obstacle, jump over obstacle, wall leap up to a ledge, then disarm a cop without taking a hit, it feel like nothing else youve ever played and is geniunely exhilarating

I have considered it....has it replay value, or would you say rent it? The local extra-vision have it for |€30, although its only €6 to rent.

Advertisement