Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you regret buying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Jazzy wrote: »
    star wars rogue squadron on the gamecube. €50 im never getting back

This for the N64. Also Forsaken (N64) was awful.

Sonic Pinball/Spinball (mega drive) was just bad.

Oblivion (Xbox 360). Snorefest.

Chromehounds (Xbox 360) even more snoring then Oblivion and that's hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    This for the N64. Also Forsaken (N64) was awful.

Sonic Pinball/Spinball (mega drive) was just bad.

Oblivion (Xbox 360). Snorefest.

Chromehounds (Xbox 360) even more snoring then Oblivion and that's hard.
    Dont mock my childhood. Spinball was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Mario Kart Wii. Double Dash looked as good and was more fun to play, with better controls, levels and better balance. Also, Smash Bros Melee was better than Brawl. Brawl aimed too high and added too much, Melee got the balance right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i meant #2
    boring cr@p and unfulfilling. it was followed by my best gc buy tho - eternal darkness

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Overheal wrote: »

Take those rose tinted glasses off, it was gash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Sonic Spinball?
    Ah the days when I was young and had to save a good while to buy a game. Made it all the better because of the waiting. Spinball was such a game I saved for.
    What a let down! I knew in the first 5 minutes I'd made a mistake.

Funny I played it again recently on the Sega Genesis Collection for the 360. I think I played it longer on the 360 than the Genesis (I'm sure you can guess why).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Overheal wrote: »

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

two that come to mind would be timeshift and universe at war.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No I spent too much time on Spinball tbh. I was what, 6? Fun sh!t. Of course I was mad into pinball on principal anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 couponmeup

MS Flight Sim

Hardley ever played it cause it's boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

seanybiker wrote: »
    saints row 2. Thank fluck I kept the receipt. Has to be one of the worse games ever made.

where is the "no thanks" button

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

where is the "no thanks" button

+1 Saints Row 2 gave a much needed injection of fun after the boringness of GTA4. Story is ****e but thats not what you play it for.

couponmeup wrote: »
    MS Flight Sim

Hardley ever played it cause it's boring.

Its a flight simulator. What else were you expecting??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Please don't get rid of turn-based battle systems since the best RPG battle systems are turn based. I was never a fan of the FF ATB system but when they changed it to pure turn based for FFX they got it so right. All the best RPG battle systems are turn based, and I really hate the real time Western RPG systems.

My opinion is the complete opposite of yours, I believe there's nothing better than a good RPG with a good real-time combat system. In my opinion real-time systems offer far more freedom and and are much more satisfying than slow, frustrating turn-based systems. You obviously have much more patience than I do:-)

WWE Crush Hour. I was young and stupid.I didnt know.I DIDNT KNOW!!!!:(:(:(

I feel for you, that game was terrible. Remember JR's repetitive commentary? "Brock Lesnar has obtained-The Twisty Rockets" "The Rock has picked up-The Twisty Rockets" "Stone Cold has received-The Twisty Rockets". AAAAAH!
    Insurgent wrote: »
    I bought a type of wrestling game years ago for the SNES. My god it was dung, can't remember the name of it. Worse was I bought itinstead of a great game for the SNES the name of which also alludes me.

I'm a wealth of information!!

I remember the old WWF games on the SNES made by LJN, they were horrible. Dull, messy graphics, slow,plodding wrestlers and music that sounds like someone scrathing a blackboard with a cheese grater. Why couldn't they have given Technos the license instead of bloody LJN? Technos were responsible for WWF Wrestlefest in the arcade and it was awesome. I would have loved to have seen something similar on the SNES instead of LJN's rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

GAELIC GAMES FOOTBALL AND HURLING!!! :mad:

You go into any Vid game store and look at their pre-owned section you will always find tons of Gaelic Games boxes there. It's the same with Rugby 2004. Two EA produced games that were a complete mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I hate to admit it but ive had a lot of enjoyable matches in the Hurling one :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

"Handpass effective!!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My opinion is the complete opposite of yours, I believe there's nothing better than a good RPG with a good real-time combat system. In my opinion real-time systems offer far more freedom and and are much more satisfying than slow, frustrating turn-based systems. You obviously have much more patience than I do:-)

Yeah, it's probably the main reason I don't like western RPG's as well as there being too much dialogue, I hate that I can read faster than the actors can say their lines :) Ah it's different strokes for different folks I suppose. I do know a lot of people got burnt by this game particularly those that expected a traditional FF experience and got something more like diablo or an MMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

joeperry wrote: »
    How about Manx TT for the sega saturn,it was muck. Paid top price for it too but i was stuck with it :(

really, ive always wanted to play that game, looked good in the magazines(over 10 years ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Lost via domus, got it for €10, but still a crap game.

"Medal of Honor: Rising Sun" on PS2.

Bought it the same day as "XIII" cause they were on offer together (on release day!). After "Frontline" I thought the "Meal of Honor" series was the dog's. Alas Rising Sun just wasn't that good. I think it might have been an okay game but certainly couldn't follow up "Frontline."

As for "XIII" it was pretty good. Can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

BIOSHOCK

I still cant understand the popularity

Boring, repetitive, pretentious, bland....

Bioshock? Really?

I traded in some games in during Gamestop's April €30 trade-in offer thing and picked up Bioshock. Haven't got around to playing it yet but I hope your wrong. No offence I just want my money's (and time's) worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

I found Bioshock pretty good, just that the enemies keep respawning and that there is alot of backtracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I found Bioshock pretty good, just that the enemies keep respawning and that there is alot of backtracking.
    And the "deep moral choices" really are fcuk all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Bioshock? Really?

I traded in some games in during Gamestop's April €30 trade-in offer thing and picked up Bioshock. Haven't got around to playing it yet but I hope your wrong. No offence I just want my money's (and time's) worth.

Just a personal comment really, I couldn't get into it.

My opinion is very much the minority though, enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Killer 7 and, not having learned my lesson the first time around, No More Heroes.

Although they're still my main source of game review, sometimes relying too heavily on EG, and their bias towards the artsy fartsy, is a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

Hellgate London.
    It is an online game and can only be registered once, when I bought this game second hand it was already registered and wouldn't work whatsoever, bummer.

Advertisement