Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you regret buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Prince of Persia (X360).
    Clive Barker's Jericho. Worst. Clive Barker. Ever. Undying was so much fun that I ignored reviews. Yeah cos that always works! :rolleyes:

That was the one I was going to say. It was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

lalee17 wrote: »
    World of Warcraft.....:P
    +1
    Forgot about that scourge, still playing it though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jabbathehurt

sarumite wrote: »
    That was the one I was going to say. It was terrible.

Yeh, Shoot/rehealteammate/shoot/reheal!
    And the main issue for me was run forwards = fast,
    but side step and your character is reduced to a crawl! WTF!
    No wonder I got it for a tenner in Gamestop.

Have they patched this?

Wacka Wacka :pac:*****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Splinter Cell Double Agent

Such a let down after the first three and possibly the most buggiest game I have ever played. I eventually gave up when the game continually crashed at a certain cutscene and I never did finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Haze
    Liar
    Far Cry 2
    Halo 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

this thread ran for 11 pages and is still on the front page - the happy you bought thread is three pages back and only ran for 4 pages

Says a lot about games these days no, or should we not imply that and people are just moany buggers :)

might have been mentioned already as I didn't go through entire thread of complaints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I bought this piece of crap called Breed a few years back.Gameplay was decent but everything else was very very poor.Examples being load times and more bugs than an anthill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 KevinObrien101

The Sims! I just cannot get into it at all and have given up trying.
    Day Of Defeat(PC) i was smitten by the Beta version of this but the newest version sucks.!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

MooseJam wrote: »
    this thread ran for 11 pages and is still on the front page - the happy you bought thread is three pages back and only ran for 4 pages

Says a lot about games these days no, or should we not imply that and people are just moany buggers :)

might have been mentioned already as I didn't go through entire thread of complaints

There's more bad games than good games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

There's more bad games than good games.

This is nothing new. However games today are on a whole, better than they were 10 years ago.

so to answer moosejams question, people are moany shits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

A lot of people have mentioned Hellgate London and the fact you needed a subscription - wut, I thought it was offline - I actually bought a copy last Christmas it's sitting here beside me still in it's shrink wrapping, every month or so I think heh must give that a spin, I guess I'm in for a surprise if I fire it up.

WOW is currently consuming my gametime I can see why it's being mention lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just remembered another. Simpsons taxi on the PS2, so so bad. Brought it back the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

Half -life 2: the orange box.

Because now every single game i play does not even get close to it's excellent standards. It has ruined gaming for me. DAMN you valve, why do you have to be so brilliant??

I on't have proper internet, so don't suggest left 4 dead

Simpsons Wrestling! Probably the worst game I've ever played!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Resident Evil 5. i didn't like the demo, but thought the game might be better. Biggest gaming disappointment of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Resident Evil 5. i didn't like the demo, but thought the game might be better. Biggest gaming disappointment of last year.

I feel your pain.
    Was really looking forward to this as well but I only got as far as the demo. I kept my pennies for another game.
    Is it worth playing at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lightning_saa

50cent bullet proof loolz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Rainbow 6, Vegas 2, What a ridiculously bad game along with G1 Jockey haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I feel your pain.
    Was really looking forward to this as well but I only got as far as the demo. I kept my pennies for another game.
    Is it worth playing at all?

I gave this game alot of chances, more than I give alot of other games, hoping to see a glimpse of the brilliance that made up RE4, but no.

Don't even rent it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The World Ends With you (overhyped)
    GTA Chinatown Wars (same old gameplay)
    Virtua Fighter 3 (could never gel with hardcore fighters)
    Apollo Justice (huge step down in the Ace Attorney series)
    Bioshock (mega overhype, probably my own fault in believeing it all)
    Assassins Creed (hugely limited, wasted potential)
    Mass Effect (not a patch on KOTOR, buggy and unsatisfying sidequests)
    Mario 64 DS (awful control scheme)
    Wii Fit (balance board is fantastic for gathering dust though)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MooseJam wrote: »
    A lot of people have mentioned Hellgate London and the fact you needed a subscription - wut, I thought it was offline - I actually bought a copy last Christmas it's sitting here beside me still in it's shrink wrapping, every month or so I think heh must give that a spin, I guess I'm in for a surprise if I fire it up.

WOW is currently consuming my gametime I can see why it's being mention lol
    I actually loved Hellgate. Granted, a mate and I had a *cough* magical *cough* version that we could play online for free, and it was so much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭coopersgreen

PES2009

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

in one word

Hellgate <- meh
    Warhammer online <- Whatacompleteloadofcrap
    quake wars <- rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes on the GC. Absolutely dreadful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Vyse wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes on the GC. Absolutely dreadful game.
    Really? Do you still have it? It's considered rare, and AFAIK can get upwards of €50 on eBay.

Perfect Dark Zero (360) - guess I got caught up in all the launch hype. Left me cold
    Simpsons game (360) - reasonable fun with friends, but actually depressing on single player
    The Getaway (PS2) - repetitive, cliched

T
    Mass Effect (not a patch on KOTOR, buggy and unsatisfying sidequests)

magenta'd for filthy lies.

Mass Effect is better than KOTOR. better universe, characters, combat, writing and isn't riding on starwars coat tails.

Also Mass Effect has a far less offensive morality system than KOTOR. And wrex. Wrex makes everything better.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

magenta'd for filthy lies.

Mass Effect is better than KOTOR. better universe, characters, combat, writing and isn't riding on starwars coat tails.

Also Mass Effect has a far less offensive morality system than KOTOR. And wrex. Wrex makes everything better.

Mass Effect rode on Star Wars coat tails worse than Knights of the Old Republic in the sense that it felt like a poor imitation of the Star Wars universe. The Old Republic was a fresh of breath air to a universe which originally was just a backdrop to a morality play for a lot of people. Old Republic's characters were just better all-round: Jennifer Hale's Bastila Shan, HK-47, Canderous Ordo, Malak, Kreia, and Atris. And apart from the unfinished feel of the second game, both stories are great and better than Mass Effect's and the only writing that struck me was the discussions of the Jedi and Sith religions in the Old Republic. I think an offensive morality system is to be applauded in an age where discussions and any form of expression are routinely moderated and censored.

I preferred Mass Effect's combat, because it's the lesser of two evils. That said, Mass Effect's squad combat was crap compared to what they originally demo'd, let alone compared to other games.

The most striking thing about Mass Effect was viewing the beautiful landscapes and skies on the planets, even if the Mako was shoddy. Visiting the Moon was definitely the sickest moment in the game.

• Advertisement

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    Mass Effect rode on Star Wars coat tails worse than Knights of the Old Republic in the sense that it felt like a poor imitation of the Star Wars universe.

I don't know what game you were playing, ME is miles away from Star Wars.

The Old Republic was a fresh of breath air to a universe which originally was just a backdrop to a morality play for a lot of people. Old Republic's characters were just better all-round: Jennifer Hale's Bastila Shan, HK-47, Canderous Ordo, Malak, Kreia, and Atris. And apart from the unfinished feel of the second game, both stories are great and better than Mass Effect's and the only writing that struck me was the discussions of the Jedi and Sith religions in the Old Republic.

Wrong.
    I think you'll find that conversations that are about humanities intolerance of others, racism, abortion, xenophobia to trump long diatribes on hokey space religions.

I think an offensive morality system is to be applauded in an age where discussions and any form of expression are routinely moderated and censored.

Way to miss the point. Everything in KOTOR is childishly black and white. mass effect was far less preachy and shades of grey. Hell, it wasn't even good and evil, your character was essentially good, the choice was if you decided to be space-Jesus or sheppard, space asshole.

Advertisement