Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you regret buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Dead Space was the best game of last year on the 360 IMO
    I would say the same for the PS3. It's an excellent game.

I can only really disagree with the last part. It might have been the best game of last year on the 360 and the PS3. I dont know. I do know its not an excellent game. It is indeed a horrific game and people who might be swayed by false rumours of its excellence need to be warned. Stapling your hands to your desk and trying to play the game with your nose about sums up the game controls.

Horrific game. Total waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Halo 3. Just never really got into it and i had just bought an xbox when it came out and i said i would jump on the bandwagon.

Far Cry 2. Great graphics bu tits such a chore having to drive everywhere

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the same people complaining about the controls in Dead Space are the same ones that complaied about the perfectly serviceable controls in Resi 5. It's a horror game not call of duty, get used to it.

Just thought of another game that I regret buying, Koudelka. It's a little known game for the PS1. I had bought all the Shadow Hearts series and then discovered that another game Koudelka is a semi prequel to the series. Being a bit OCD with starting game series from the start I went out and bought it for 20 on ebay. What I got was a survival horror mixed with JRPG that just didn't work. At least the game was short but it was quite bad to play through despite some good ideas and above average voice acting. Turns out shadow Hearts had practically nothing to do with Koudelka and was kind of crap as well. At least Shadow Hearts 2 was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 IgnatiusPop

PGR 3 = TPS x3 (Total Pile o'****e)

The game is too "real". Car models dont deform when crashed because the car manufacturers didnt want Bizzare Creations / MS Game Studio's depicting their products in anything less than perfect working order, and would have declined their premission to use their brand names on the cars if MS and Bizzar had made the game the way they wanted (Incidently, the makers of the Burnout series got around this by omitting the brand names altogether - you can still easily recognise all of the cars though).The physics in the game are ok, but feel too rigid. Overall, the game environment is too controlled which robs the fun out of playing it.

4/10 at best...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Fuel

Was really looking forward to this, and I gave it a chance after my initial disappointment with it, and it failed to redeem itself.

The game is huge, and nearly all of it looks the same, its got the biggest area of any game in history and there is nothing to see in it, and no point exploring to just find new paint jobs for your cars and Vista points for supposed epic views of the land.

And the A.I stinks, it takes off leaving you in last, only to slow to a crawl near the end for you to pass.

And the Day/Night cycles are the worst in any game ever, it stays dark for ages, and light for feck all time, and the lights on your cars are totally crap when its dark.

The game is a chore at best. I was expecting something as good as Pure but with an open world twist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 IgnatiusPop

CKWPORT wrote: »
    ...the Day/Night cycles are the worst in any game ever, it stays dark for ages, and light for feck all time, and the lights on your cars are totally crap when its dark.

Is Fuel set in northern scandinavia by any chance? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think the same people complaining about the controls in Dead Space are the same ones that complaied about the perfectly serviceable controls in Resi 5. It's a horror game not call of duty, get used to it.

Either that, or trying to play it with the keyboard. It's a joypad game.
    And an excellent game at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Street Fighter 4 and Assassins Creed, the latter was over hyped tripe and as for street fighter I just couldn't take to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Indie18 wrote: »
    Street Fighter 4 and Assassins Creed, the latter was over hyped tripe and as for street fighter I just couldn't take to it.

Big Street Figher II player here and I can not take to IV myself.
    Single player is too easy and online is boring. Need to get a few mates over for it to come into its own

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

well I love soul calibur games and i got sc4 for the ps3 and hated it. has been in mint condition and when i took it 2 game stop they told me it was only worth €8 so i still have the bloody game.

i also recently got ufc undisuptaed 4 ps3 and I have never played it. i shud hav got infamous instead. its only my lil bro that plays ufc.

I really have 2 start using demos before buying games! lol:L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

Stuff that sucked:

*) The first tomb raider on the PS2 was ****! I mean it was just terrible!!!!

*) Prince of persia sands of time

*) Halo 3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How dare you. One of the best and most charming games of last generation. How dare you insult it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Stuff that sucked:

*) The first tomb raider on the PS2 was ****! I mean it was just terrible!!!!

*) Halo 3
    Sands of Time? that's a stone cold classic of gaming, I don't follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2

really really good game that somehow good sales made EA turn it into Fast and the ****ing crap. maybe if we didnt buy it .............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

How dare you. One of the best and most charming games of last generation. How dare you insult it.

I didnt insult it I jsut didnt like it nd wish I spent my money on a game I liked more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

PS2: A dogs life
    PS3: ghostbusters
    NDS: my fitness coach, brain training

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

got it last christmas (actually the whole trilogy) when it was pennies. Sands was just very repetitive. looks great and all but theres a point where you cop on to the monotony of it all. Its just constantly puzzle->fight->puzzle->fight->puzzle and the fights are sinfully repetitive. Far too simple to master. At which point fighting just seems like an absolute chore. Didnt port to PC well either: runs poorly imo. Havent even tried to other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

The latest one (Name escapes me at the moment) now their is a shocking game, Sands of Time was class though. I would have to say the latest Prince of Persia is one that I regret buying (Well got it off Santa but it counts) you couldn't die in it it was just so stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

World of Warcraft. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

fifa street 3 it waz useless i get shivers wen i tink of it was terrible need for speed shocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Off the top of my head I'd say the Barbarian expansion to Rome Total War... Added a few new units and factions and slightly changed the way of playing the game - but it was still pretty much the same game! OK they introduced night battles which could have been great but they weren't much good - slightly dimmed lighting, but you could still see everything perfectly... except all your units now carried around torches which I would have thought makes them easier targets for arrows and such... Not only are they easier to see, but it's harder for them to see where the arrows are coming from! Not sure if the game-play worked that way though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Prince of Persia Sands of Time is pretty much universally regarded as the best of the series so far, it's rooms and their use of 3D space for their puzzles is unparalleled and the colour palette in the game is wonderfully restrained and evocative.
    The rewind feature was inspired, without PoP:SoT that feature would surely not have appeared in Forza or elsewhere.
    The gameplay, well, don't most games break down into boring sounding constituent parts if you want them too?
    Even the greats?
    Galaga- Shoot, Dodge, Shoot, Dodge.
    Bioshock- Shoot, Lightning, Fry, Shoot, Run Away....
    Doom- Shoot, Strafe while Shooting, Run, repeat...
    Gran Turismo/PGR4/NFS etc- Accelerate, Brake, Turn, repeat...

And Liam09, what you mean Need For Speed shocking?
    Which one?
    Be more specific.
    It's like me saying, FIFA, pile of sh1te, and nobody knowing which version I'm talking about, leading to confusion, possibly death...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

komodosp wrote: »
    Off the top of my head I'd say the Barbarian expansion to Rome Total War... Added a few new units and factions and slightly changed the way of playing the game - but it was still pretty much the same game! OK they introduced night battles which could have been great but they weren't much good - slightly dimmed lighting, but you could still see everything perfectly... except all your units now carried around torches which I would have thought makes them easier targets for arrows and such... Not only are they easier to see, but it's harder for them to see where the arrows are coming from! Not sure if the game-play worked that way though
    Well an expansion usually is the same game with a couple new things....

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Oblivion...just couldn't get into it at all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Pretty much all of my PC games except CSS, BF2, CNCZH and COH

Honestly, I've wasted so much money on games it pisses me off when I'm broke and I look into my wardrobe and see them all gathering dust.

zoom! wrote: »
    Pretty much all of my PC games except CSS, BF2, CNCZH and COH

Honestly, I've wasted so much money on games it pisses me off when I'm broke and I look into my wardrobe and see them all gathering dust.

The reason that I will not get a gaming PC

I could not justify the cost and future upgrades.
    I don't game enough anymore to warrant that

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Lost Odyssey on the Xbox 360.

I'm on the 4th disk and I just can't bring myself to finish it though I feel like I should having already spent so much time on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Lost Odyssey on the Xbox 360.

I'm on the 4th disk and I just can't bring myself to finish it though I feel like I should having already spent so much time on it.

At least your 4th Disk works.

Mine didn't, the game kept crashing as soon as I moved on to the 4th one.

Valkyria Chronicles: I can not stop playing the bloody thing.
    It is affecting my work, as I am only thinking about the tatics, that I need, to pass the next episode!!

Damn you Retro

• Advertisement

He he :)

It's damn good isn't it.

Advertisement