Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blarney: Places to Eat

Options
  • 13-05-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Going to Blarney for a long weekend on Friday just wondering has anyone got any recommendations for restaurants in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Castle hotel is way ahead of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

you have got to go into debarras, its a fast food experience you will remember for ever! chips wraped in paper. amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Have been disappointed far too often with De Barra's chips (often undercooked chips, battered sausages cold in the middle, etc.) Fat Jack's is much better.

For normal restaurants, the Castle is fine (and Lemon Tree for lunch), and the two places around the corner were grand (The Blarney Stone and Mackey's is it?) Maybe one of them was replaced by a Thai restaurant which is also decent enough. The Indian in the square changed hands a few times and sometimes was very nice, but went downhill (is it still there?). The Kopi Cafe is also a good spot for breakfast or lunch.

Just stay away from the Woolen Mills and you will be fine.

In Tower, there is Ruen Thai... not the best ambience but the food I would say is slightly better than Suko Thai in Blarney. Up the hill in Kerry Pike there is Raj Gaylord which is a very highly rated Indian restaurant... have been there a few times and I think it is a very nice, solid choice, but expensive and a bit overrated. I actually had a very nice meal once outside Tower in the club house area of the hotel formerly known as the Ramada now known as something generic like the Blarney Golf Hotel or something . That was when the place was fairly new though, I wouldn't trust it anymore.

Advertisement