Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Mitre Saw tomorrow

Options
  • 13-05-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

HI ALL
    i have a makita circular saw but always found the hassle of squaring off cuts etc a bit of a pain. surely this Parkside Mitre Saw for €99 is well worth it.
    anyone have one or got any alternative mitre saws within 20-30 euro of it that would be better. i know you cant go wrong for 99 but any feedback welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quigo

I bought the Aldi version last year and while being cheap & cheerful it has done the job for me. Personally I'd say go for it. I think you will be looking nearer 200 for a higher quality make.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Go for it,buy yourself a quality blade straight off for it and a good square to align it and you should be fine.
    I'm thinking of the little pillar drill thats on tom also

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Axminster do decent mitre saws. I've had two of them and they're good for the money (about 100 quid)

http://www.axminster.co.uk/category-Mitre-Saws--Mains-Powered-719262.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I've been using an Aldi one also for the last six years or so! I think the ones they offered back then were a little more solid and robust, it'd want to be, its put up with a lot of hardship!

I'd say you'd be alright with the Lidl one, just dont expect it to be perfect out of the box! You'll have to play around with it, set the angles correctly etc. Like aerosol said, get yourself a good blade right away!! The ones that come with them are hopeless and will give you a bad impression of the saw, dont chuck it though, it'd be handy to have for rough cutting.

Just had a look at the Lidl site, I assume this saw wasfrom a past offer? Either that or I'm going a bit cuckoo and cnt see in in there coming specials? Anyway, I dont know what size the blade is, 8 or 10". Rutlands have a good sale on Freud blades (they give a damn fine cut!!) I got one a few months back and got another one earlier in the week just to hav on account of the price drop!

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psUniqueListings.cgi/listing=clearance&page=8?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

I would recommend the Parkside over the Axminster brand I think... not having seen either it's hard to say but I have been impressed enough with some of the Parkside tools... and a little dis-impressed with some of the Axies... in this case because you can just buy the Parkside here in Ireland I would go for that.

A good brand like Makita will cost about 550 to 650.. for the LS1013 or similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭pedigree

Hi,
    I looked at the Parkside today, i see on the B&Q (uk) website an Evolution Rage 3 which seems to review very well for about £150.00, I wonder what price it is here.
    Pedigree

Advertisement