Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned for an unjust reason by smccarrick

Options
  • 13-05-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

in the accomodation section. i cant find the post i made as its been conviently deleted by the mod. but i did nothing of the sort of what i was accused of. i want unbanned and my post put back up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You would be better off by:
    (a) posting your complaint in Help Desk (in drop-down under Sys)
    (b) detailing the content of your post & what you were "accused of"
    (c) asking politely for it to be re-instated & give a reason as to why this should be done

If you come in here calling the shots, you'll be sure to get shot down. ;)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

For anyone interested, the OP started a thread in Legal discussion which was locked here.

Then the OP started the same thread in Legal Discussion which was also locked here.

Then the OP started the same thread in Accommodation and Property where he alluded to committing a tax offence here. smccarrick gave the OP the option of PMing him to explain what the story was here and banned him, stating that the ban would be 'expanded (sic)' without the PM.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Banned for starting a thread in Accommodation & Property which goes along the lines of:

'I am planning to rent a property from July with a friend but won't be able to pay the rent and want to know what the implications are.'

You were banned for seeking advice on the implications of renting a property knowing (or suspecting) you would be unable to pay the rent. I am unhappy to allow this thread in Accommodation and Property.

Link to thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055563635

If you want to discuss something of this nature- you will need to find a venue other than Accommodation and Property.

The query on your income, and the cagey manner in which you implied possible tax evasion did not help matters- irrespective of the clarification subsequently received by PM.

I do not propose to rescind the ban at this point in time.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

Ps- Victor has been cc'ed on correspondence concerning this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bounceball

For anyone interested, the OP started a thread in Legal discussion which was locked here.

Then the OP started the same thread in Legal Discussion which was also locked here.

Then the OP started the same thread in Accommodation and Property where he alluded to committing a tax offence here. smccarrick gave the OP the option of PMing him to explain what the story was here and banned him, stating that the ban would be 'expanded (sic)' without the PM.

that is lies. i reworded the thread to meet the rules. so you sir are telling a lie

and yes i dont pay tax on my earnings. i pmd the mod to explain what my job is and i am not breaking the law. so prehaps you should keep your nose out until you know the full facts

so smccarrick the fact that i am not doing anything illegal meant you banned somebody new to the forum just because they didnt understand the rules of your section first time?!?!

nice place

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

bounceball wrote: »
    that is lies. i reworded the thread to meet the rules. so you sir are telling a lie

and yes i dont pay tax on my earnings. i pmd the mod to explain what my job is and i am not breaking the law. so prehaps you should keep your nose out until you know the full facts
    Oh...right.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The reason I am not allowing the thread to stand, and am not rescinding the ban, is the OP stated they were going to rent an apartment from July with a friend at an agreed rent (of 400 each) and they are not in a position to pay. Link here

Aka- they are planning on taking a lease on a property at a future date, and do not intend to honour their commitment to pay rent.

If I have misunderstood the situation, I apologise for any offence caused. Please clarify whether my understanding is correct- and why in a situation such as you posted- I should allow someone forward plan renting somewhere and then not paying their rent?

I did get a PM clarifying income from the OP- that is not in question. The scenario presented and the request for information concerning the implications of renting somewhere with the fore-intention of not paying the rent- are the reason the thread is locked and the ban issued.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

this was not the case

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It very much was - you're basically on very dodgy ground with what your asking, and to compound that your attitude has been pretty appalling.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    It very much was - you're basically on very dodgy ground with what your asking, and to compound that your attitude has been pretty appalling.

explain how it was. the matter has been resolved via pm. no matter whther my attitude is bad or not i dont care. i was not in the wrong

• Advertisement

You'll learn to care about your attitude very quickly, pally.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed, after that lovely PM you can take a break. And learn more about a) the culture of the site and b) the hierarchy before coming back :)

Advertisement