Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor- A joke of a company.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

kazaam wrote: »
    :D Hillarious ( but not really). I thought i made it clear what i wanted was a bill... read the original post mate!

I think he was referring to my sob story. About how a big company won't go out of there way for their customers.

I also wanted to mention that I moved to meteor since at the time they had better deals than O2, ones which at the time I could afford. The move was purely financial rather then petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dee1dee2

my step daughter done same thing this week ran data chargess up to 184.60e i didnt know she was on internet she is 16 should have guessed really, rang meteor and explained they got me to ring bill pay dept.
    spoke to really helpful person about payment plan stuck me on hold 4 a min and came back and told me they are reducing charges to 92.30e happy days still a lot of money but step d can afford this she has or had 100e 4 her bdayi found them really good to deal with and always have.will def stay with meteor at the end of day it was my phone and i am responsible for all charges accumalated on account cheers meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

MEteor were great until eircom bought them ,then they started getting greedier greedier,the special offers started gettiung crapper and crapper etc

they used to far cheaper than the rest especialy for internation and free text type deals ,now the differnce is marginal betwween them and o2

im still with them out of habbit but nit such a happy customer as i was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 welshy2009

just a question, im a bill pay meteor customer and i have 6 months left on my contract, but i hate them so if i didnt pay my bill would they just cut me off, obviously pay them eventually. Or is it just not as easy at that like a fine or court action.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

welshy2009 wrote: »
    just a question, im a bill pay meteor customer and i have 6 months left on my contract, but i hate them so if i didnt pay my bill would they just cut me off, obviously pay them eventually. Or is it just not as easy at that like a fine or court action.

The legal thing to do is buy out your contract. Any advise telling you any different you should not take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Walkman wrote: »
    The legal thing to do is buy out your contract. Any advise telling you any different you should not take

Drop to the lowest plan, 20 per month and then buy it out that way, if i buy out at my current plan it woud cost a bomb as I am on one of the highest but if i drop then it would only be 100 for 5 mths

sound advice otherwise u would have black mark on your credit rating and could stop you getting credit or loans in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

delllat wrote: »
    MEteor were great until eircom bought them ,then they started getting greedier greedier,the special offers started gettiung crapper and crapper etc

they used to far cheaper than the rest especialy for internation and free text type deals ,now the differnce is marginal betwween them and o2

im still with them out of habbit but nit such a happy customer as i was

I top up €20 every 30 days and i've got €89.35 right now, meteor ftw

Free call/texts to meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i have €200+ on my meteor account and get free mms and texts by topping up every month plus €3-€12 when i top up over €15 in each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The top up industry is a bit of a con. The new offers are the same as the older ones, they give you the freebies in different areas.

For example if you take the new option of free texts for life as long as you top up by 20 euro a month, Meteor get 240 per year from most customers plus any additional money when the run of credit. If meteor have 100,000 PAYG customers topping up each month they are pretty much guaranteed 240,000,000euro a year at the very least.

I know their are newer options and older ones. but they work to get you to top up by a certain amount each month. I don't how their Bill Pay works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

and then you lose your phone in a taxi and some cnut burns it all up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

dee1dee2 wrote: »
    sound advice otherwise u would have black mark on your credit rating and could stop you getting credit or loans in the future

I don't believe that this is correct. In Ireland, your credit rating among lending institutions is recorded by the Irish Credit Bureau at www.icb.ie. I don't believe that Meteor is a member. Even if Meteor was to become a member, the ICB only records payments histories in relation to loans.

It is possible that Meteor could sue, get a court order and then register the judgment in the Judgments Office of the High Court, but that would be a bit pointless for a few hundred euro.

haha that would be just my luck

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i have €200+ on my meteor account and get free mms and texts by topping up every month plus €3-€12 when i top up over €15 in each month.

It was better for me to take this offer, i rang 085 a fair bit

I don't lose my phones in taxis, i don't think i've ever lost anything before, except for maybe one thing but knowing boards.ie a mod would ban me for saying it :D

Advertisement