Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jagermeister and Metal...

• 13-05-2009 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

heya,
    I was wondering if any of you guys would be nice enough to help me out.
    I'm currently in the final year of my college degree course and I'm writing my thesis on Jagermeister's activity in the heavy metal community. I'm planning on conducting my research online, and require a number of people to do in-depth interviews with.

I'm looking for people who are members of the heavy metal community, from all walks of life, all over the world and who are big fans of the Jagermeister brand. I was wondering if anyone would be interested or would know know anyone who would be interesting in particpating in my research? A second, follow up interview may be required and I will make sure the times in which to conduct it will be the most convenient for you.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you will consider my request as it would be a HUGE help to me.

Best regards,

Eavan Derbyshire

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hi Eavan, when I was writing my BA thesis a couple years ago I was researching the Metal Subculture so I designed an electronic questionnaire and posted it on Metal.ie. I got a great response and it provided plenty of Quantitative and Qualitative information to then digest. I structured the questionnaire to be as close to an interview as possible with provisions made to allow the participant to be flexible with their answers in an online questionnaire as they could possibly be. That was just one part of the Research but it worked out. Anyway it's just a suggestion that may or may not be useful to you. All the best with the research. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eavan

thanks a mill, now i'll have to see if i'm still logged onto metal.ie:p!

I'm going down tha qualitative route, what i'm aiming to do is try and do one on one interview with Jager fans, but getting people to repsond ahs been far more difficult than I anticipated!

Would your questionairre still be up on Metal.ie? I'd be very interested to see how you managed to structure it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yes, getting people, particularly Metal fans, to verbally participate was difficult hense the online questionnaire. Interviews didn't yeild as informative results as I would've hoped.

No it wouldn't be still up now, it would've been on the earliest incarnation of the site around two years ago. The tricky part was, and this is where it got technical, that I designed the questionaire with a web hosting package, cannot remember the name atm. I didn't merely post up a Word Doc or some questions on the forum, it was a specially designed package that added up all the information supplied by the participants and then made statistital data out of all those participants answers so I could sit down and analyse the data without having to quantify a convoluted mess of answers by hand as it were.

Yeah, I know it sounds tricky and a bit of work and it took a while to design. But it really was a good way of getting honest and impartial responses from Metalheads. :D

For Qualitative research, interviews will always allow more flexibility and for off-the-cuff follow-up questions and your supervisor(s) will suggest you do that, but as you mentioned, finding candid and communicative partcipants can be tricky. If interviewing isn't working as well as hoped it's best to just discuss alternative techniques with your supervisor or how to structure your interviews. Have you considered Focus-Groups?

yeh i was considering it but I'm not sure how successful I'll be at finding metal fans who are REALLY into Jager, there seems to be a whole community of them in the US, with "Jager Army's" in various cities as well as some in Europe, and some have responded saying they'll participate but now they seem to have disapearred of the face of the planet! I think the global aspect of the community is interesting and i'm hoping to try and get a mixture of respondants if at all possible but there is only so much pestering you can do to them! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I misread the thread title and thought this was going to be about Lemmy.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

jager is yum, its the main part of my motley cocktail:D:D:D

I have jager tops, hats, testtubes, cameras, dogtags, basically dominated the merchndise at monsters of rock:D

bit expensive, you need to have a few drinking so ya can split the bottle. tell them to make bigger bottles:)

kona wrote: »
    jager is yum, its the main part of my motley cocktail:D:D:D

I have jager tops, hats, testtubes, cameras, dogtags, basically dominated the merchndise at monsters of rock:D

bit expensive, you need to have a few drinking so ya can split the bottle. tell them to make bigger bottles:)
    wanna get interviewed? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I loved jagermeister...untill myself and a freind both drank too much of it and pretty much got alcohol poisoning...now even the smell of it turns my stomoch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 O.o

Jagermeister + Metal = Psychostick

Although, they're more comedy metal! but they looove Jagermeister!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

kona wrote: »

By a few you of course mean 2 people to split a 70cl jager and a litre of energy drink of choice, Jagerbomb's rock :)

+1 for the hunter master

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Pugsley wrote: »
    By a few you of course mean 2 people to split a 70cl jager and a litre of energy drink of choice, Jagerbomb's rock :)

+1 for the hunter master

motleys are better and more potent:cool: especially if you top up with vodka:D:D:D
    depends on how much money I have, if im flush its 2 if im poor its 3:D:D:D:D

Jack daniels and Redbull.........it is so mad it should probably be banned, 50:50 mix in a pint glass, youl be on a mad one for a good 2 hrs!!

dont mind being interviewed but it will have to be i june, so ive no poxy exams!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The first time I'd jager I drank the guts of half a bottle straight... not a lot of memory from that night.

Since then the smell makes me feel sick :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

If you ask around on metalireland.com you might find someone willing to be interviewed. Judging by the worst hangover you've ever had thread over there a lot of them are Jager drinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

jager is the devils drink and i love it

me and a buddy went drinking this is a woods one night after the pub we got a big bottle, lots of red bull and acuired some glasses from the pub we were in, he lasted about an hour when he started puking pure white (jager is black so this is wierd) then he passed out and i was so drunk i thought he was dead so i left lol and went out of the woods to meet a friend and the other fella still out cold in the woods. i went back about an hour later he was gone so i lay down in the field in the woods and woke up 6 hours later covered in dew and the rain pissin down on me.... ah the good times.

i miss my jager days and nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

jager is the devils drink and i love it

me and a buddy went drinking this is a woods one night after the pub we got a big bottle, lots of red bull and acuired some glasses from the pub we were in, he lasted about an hour when he started puking pure white (jager is black so this is wierd) then he passed out and i was so drunk i thought he was dead so i left lol and went out of the woods to meet a friend and the other fella still out cold in the woods. i went back about an hour later he was gone so i lay down in the field in the woods and woke up 6 hours later covered in dew and the rain pissin down on me.... ah the good times.

i miss my jager days and nights.

Hahaha

Advertisement