Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCJP for a .net developer?

Options
  • 13-05-2009 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've been working as an asp.net developer for the last couple of years since I left college.
    I'd like to switch to Java development at some stage in the future.
    I did Java in college and coding has always been my strength so I'm confident I'll be able to code in Java.
    I know it will take a while as the job market probably a bit slow at the moment and I don't have any commercial Java experience.
    Thats why I'm thinking of studying for this exam, it should help me when applying for Java positions.
    I have read in this forum about no cert making up for experience and I understand that.

So, I guess I'm probably looking at a few months of study to get through the study book and sample exams?

Is it silly to attempt an exam like this if I'm not using Java in my work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I'm in exactly the same position. Love doing anything in java, work in .net but not as mad on it. will be interested to see the replies to this thread.

Advertisement