Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains Water Stop Cock

Options
  • 13-05-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So we are in the house a year and I've only now discovered that we don't have access to the mains water stopcock which is usually accessible under the kitchen sink. No tap to turn or anything that resembles on. I've managed to pull away some of the backing on the cupboard under the sink to find what looks like an isolation valve on the pipe that feeds to cold water tap and the pipe has a 90 degree bend in it as well!

So firstly would this 90 degree bend have something to do with the low pressure to our cold tap in kitchen?

Is it possible that there is a stop cock tap somewhere else and that this isolation valve is just for the flow to the sink tap? Its an 8 year old house so I'd assume there is some way of stopping the water supply from inside the house!.

Any idea's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Yeah follow the kitchen cold as far as it goes. you should find the stop cock.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

So firstly would this 90 degree bend have something to do with the low pressure to our cold tap in kitchen?

This is more than likely the feed to your attic storage tank, shouldn't affect your overall water pressure. Low pressure points to either debris/blockage at sink tap or valve not fully open. If that's not the case, you could always pick up a mains water valve key at local plumbers providers, about e10, and try access either in your driveway or in pathway directly outside house, good luck!

Advertisement