Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underwater Hockey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ciaran Mc

I didnt mention that there was also a team starting in June/July down in Cork. So please do get in touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I would highly recommend this to everyone.

We would play when the local team (that trained in the same pool as us) was short on players and needed a few extra bodies back in Chicago (before swimming/water polo practice).

If I had the time, I would definitely head out to this.

Just a quick note to let people know that a new game of underwater hockey is starting up in the Fortunestown lane pool in Tallaght 8.15 to 9.15 on Monday nights. All are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Is holding your breath not really hard? I mean I can barely manage going 50m underwater. And it'd take a long recovery time before I could go again.

Na Sock Puppet you dont need a very long breath hold, your constantly up and down so you'd rarely be more than 20 seconds on the puck and if you were, you'd probably be a back and not moving very much so your conserving your energy. If that's 50M without fins on you've loads of breath hold, if its with fins on its a very good start we'll show you how to do 100M. I have aweful recovery time but when I'm chasing a puck around the bottom of the pool I tend to forget that.

• Advertisement

Underwater Hockey's expending and becoming more popular by the day. Cork, Galway and Ennis are now playing underwater hockey. Galway is establishing its own dedicated hockey night on Friday nights so get in touch it will keep you out of the pub until atleast 9 o'clock. Cork has been running now for about 3 months and are looking for new members. They play in Bishopstown on Wednesdays.

Advertisement