Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post APP, jewellery and other stuff

Options
  • 13-05-2009 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Anatometal launching a new website. Anyone else as excited about this as I am? Probably not :(

It's post APP so there should be some cool new jewellery to view from them and other jewellery manufacturers.

Onetribe over in Virginia are launching the grand opening of their show rooms early June I believe, and are really digging the mayan designs at the moment. As are most people it seems. Expect a lot of stone plugs in the future in larger sizes and churning out a lot more custom work :)

Quetzalli jewelry with their very feminine designs are also kickin ass and i think gaining a lot of recognition for Anapaula's unique designs and just all round awesomeness. Her peyote plugs are incredible amongst other things.

Glass wear studios (GWS) and their site are updating inventory so more one offs and blemished goods will be added. I think ryan is getting more into weights too from pictures on other forums I've seen. Something that hasn't really taken off here in Ireland yet. Scarab beetles to be exact which jeebus knows how he crafted, but all the same awesome and very different.

Hanging styles in general haven't really taken off here, from spending so much time on IAM I'm more accustomed to American taste and what is 'cool and hip' over there.

Agate is also very popular thanks to relic stone works but they've since left IAM and sorta gone out of the limelight unfortunately but all the same their stuff is awesome.

What do you think will be big over here? If anything or what do you hope to get in the near future?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

*girly*

I want a Venus clicker for my septum! And other places.

mainphpg2viewcoreq.jpg

It's like an engagement ring in your nose. I wish they weren't so expensive and hard to get, but goddamn. The sparkliness!

The Gorilla Glass William Morris-style plugs are downright beautiful, but again us small-gauged lobe owners miss out :(

mainphpg2viewcoreu.jpg

To be honest I'm not sure what'll be big over here, if anything ever will. Most people don't know about what's possible when it comes to jewellery and the limited products available here aren't helping, especially as the selection is so bland (I am sick of seeing nothing but bloody wildcat products...). And there seems to be a bargain culture when it comes to shopping for jewellery, a lot of people will go for what's cheap rather than what's quality. I'm always embarrassed if people ask me the price of my anatometal or onetribe plugs, because the majority reaction seems to be "Why the hell would you spend so much money on a pair of plugs?!"

I see a lot more people wearing Kaos, but there seems to be a lot of fakes around too *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

BAF had the venus clickers a while ago. $130 i believe in rose gold.

Yeah the gorilla glass ones are lovely. Just pure art work I think.

Wildcat has the monopoly over here alright, they're in over 130 countries... that's nuts. Something needs to be done but they just squash the competition since they're cheap and everywhere.

Styles in france and spain are so vastly different even. France anti-eyebrows are crazy popular, while in Spain it's wearing long barbells in your lobes, like 1" long barbells.

*ponders some more*

Lol, I want white gold and it costs even more. For the price though I don't think I could buy one without seeing it in person first and getting more choice.

Another downside of the Wildcat monopoly (for me) is that there's zero chance of finding coveted deadstock in studios/shops here :( all the discontinued stuff like spinal captives, satin dichro, and mirrorback plugs.

Very few studios buy from america since they are too expensive, and as is easy to see sice no one wants to fork out for superior quality stuff :( well a minute amount

Industrial strength are in europe but aren't doing half as well as wildcat due to pricing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Gauge wrote: »
    *girly*

mainphpg2viewcoreq.jpg

WOW! Pretty...

Bit too pricey for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm planning to get some Anatometal blings for my wedding day - need something sparkley to wear :)

I'd love if there were more plug stores over here. I like Wildcat for piercings, but their selection of plugs is very small, and they're really expensive. I've no problem paying for quality, but you can get the same stuff on BAF for literally a quarter of the price.

So I've currently got my eyes set on a pair of Fractal Creations triskelian eyelets. I suck at beating other people to rare stuff but I'm going to try this time. Wish me luck!

You can do eet!

Any joy?

It's an auction so I won't know til Sunday. I won't hold my breath though, given the crazy amount of money at some peoples disposal.

<_<
    >_>

*goes back to stalking*

• Advertisement

is it an ebay auction or a livejournal thingy?
    you should be at an advantage with the exchange rates

Livejournal :(

The exchange rate is an advantage indeed, but not much of one when people will literally drop in at the last second and bid upwards of $350. Why are all the rich people my size?!

Bit crappy them putting them up for auction tbh, they're gonna make a huge profit as it's wholesale only, so they bumped it up to retail value now making people bid.

I'd save your money Gauge and get OneTribe or Paul to make ya something custom, or even the dude on etsy

(or even me when i get my stuff in the summer)

Hmm, I DO like the look of the rainbow fluorite Onetribe just posted on facebook...

yeah it's purty snazzy alright. Might get em to make me a laboradorite (sp?) labret piece...

www.glasswearstudios.com have or will be updating their pages with new products soon and the new anatometal website went live there a few days ago :)

new things on the GWS site are weights in different styles and new shaped plug styles will be popping up also

Well the fractals fell through, though the end price wasn't too bad, I'm holding out for other stuff now...

divulge more info damn it!

I didn't because it's not that interesting! I'm trying to acquire satin dichro eyelets but they're not rare, just discontinued. And mirrorback plugs that were very limited, they're just highly reflective glass.

*nudges you in the direction of custom work* :)

• Advertisement

Leave me alone!

1: I can get custom work any time!
    2: Custom work is not as impressive at my size as it is at your size!
    3: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, you have to admit these are ~*~pretty~*~

s320x320.png

Well I'm just thinking you could get custom mirrorback plugs for the same price if not cheaper? instead of hunting em down if they are hard to find

Custom work is impressive at any size tbh if done well :)

CLANG!!!

*jaw dropped just there*

You can't get the mirrorbacks I'm looking for anywhere- they're different to the custom-made etsy ones, these are the original, way more intense and reflective ones. They can't be reproduced because no one actually knows the technique that was used to make them.

Satin dichro is also no longer made by anyone because it requires sandblasters and crap.

I love custom glass too, but some stuff is hard to beat! At least once I've gained these for my collection I can move onto something new.

Dunno why but this song seems to fit with the movin on up theme :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLgfHziJdX0

TUNE!

That's great, that's just what I need in my head for the rest of the day at work. THAT'S JUST GREAT.

Advertisement