Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any interest in a group going to an LoI Game this Summer?

• 13-05-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen a few people comment about this already.

With the EPL coming to an end, and most of you here being fans of it will be football starved this summer until the pre-season games kick in, would there be any interest in heading to a game with a bunch from here?

Bear in mind that games take place on a Friday evening, and this will most likely be a Dublin game, if I'm organising.

This is just a very preliminary poll to gauge interest.

Would you be interested in attending an LoI game in the Summer? 31 votes

Yes - I'd be interested
    0% 0 votes
    No - The standard is ****e and the LoI heads have put me off for life
    100% 31 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

was thinking of going to one myself, havent been in a while, since roddy left bohs i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I love the option for 'No'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Yeah i def could be. I've only been to a couple this season as i promised myself i would but going on my own has been sorta annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I keep saying I should go, especially seeing the auld fella was a big Rovers fan when they were in Milltown and now they have the new stadium, but any time I try to watch League of Ireland football on the telly I just have to turn it off, I can't get over how bad the standard is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

LOL Des you keep pimping this idea.

Only if there are beers afterwards, its hard for me to do anything without the prospect of a beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LOL Des you keep pimping this idea.
    What?

Where else have I pimped this?
    Only if there are beers afterwards, its hard for me to do anything without the prospect of a beer.

There will be beers afterwards.

Fo' sho'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Des wrote: »
    What?

Where else have I pimped this?

The last soccer beers for one. There is a second as well.
    There will be beers afterwards.

Fo' sho'.

Got my vote. I work the same when politicians call to my door. Give me a beer you got my vote. Unfortunately they never bring beer.

The last soccer beers for one.

There was a soccer beers?

I thought that was a...oh wait yeah...the soccer beers.

I was clearly on a drunken ramble.
    There is a second as well.

Where?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yes, as long as it isn't a Bray home game.

Ah sure, I might go even if it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If I go can I wear my Arsenal jersey?

• Advertisement

If I go can I wear my Arsenal jersey?

Sure, it's not a fashion show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I would definitely be interested, haven't been to a LoI game in a few years and wouldn't mind going. I would have to check bus times though, I think my last bus is at 23:00 so should be fine. What team would you be thinking of going to see? Which one would be easiest to get to fro town?

I'd have Bohs in mind tbh, they have the best players and play probably the best football.

Closest (Premier Division team) to the CC, easy on the bus, not a bad stand to sit in.

I wouldn't inflict Shels or any of the rest of the First Division on anyone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'd have Bohs in mind tbh, they have the best players and play probably the best football.

Closest (Premier Division team) to the CC, easy on the bus, not a bad stand to sit in.

I wouldn't inflict Shels or any of the rest of the First Division on anyone. :)

I voted yes assuming you'd pick Shels. In shock that you wouldn't to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

This could be interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I wouldn't inflict Shels or any of the rest of the First Division on anyone.

Bohs might be there soon enough? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

DSB wrote: »
    I voted yes assuming you'd pick Shels. In shock that you wouldn't to be honest.

Its that long ball football you play;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Its that long ball football you play;)

I know you're taking the mick but this is a Shels fan in question, can't understand the logic of wanting to bring fans to another club at all. I mean its not like we're LOI fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Yes, as long as it isn't a Bray home game.

Ah sure, I might go even if it is.
    Don't do it. Save yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Bray and the Porterhouse would be of definate interest to me. A lot will depend on where and when because I am working in london at the moment, but I would love to go. I'll be the fat Englishman in the Pompey shirt, I will carry a copy of the indo under me left arm so you can recognise me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'd be going to Shels matches anyway :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

LoI? That still going? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

3 bars in the ground helps aswell. What 1st division side is closer to the CC?

bohsman wrote: »
    3 bars in the ground helps aswell. What 1st division side is closer to the CC?

Tolka Park.

You have to go further out the Canal to get to Dalyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Bray and the Porterhouse would be of definate interest to me. A lot will depend on where and when because I am working in london at the moment, but I would love to go. I'll be the fat Englishman in the Pompey shirt, I will carry a copy of the indo under me left arm so you can recognise me!

How many Pompey jerseys have you seen around Dublin? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Tolka Park.

You have to go further out the Canal to get to Dalyer

You dont have to cross the canal to get to Dalyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ShooterSF wrote: »
    How many Pompey jerseys have you seen around Dublin? :D

7, although I own 3, my wife has 1 and my daughter has 2 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

bohsman wrote: »
    You dont have to cross the canal to get to Dalyer.

Don't you? Crossguns Bridge?

Anyway distance from Spire to Dalymount <<< distance from Spire to Tolka (and Shels is a southside team anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

SectionF wrote: »

not if your coming from town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

SectionF wrote: »

Anyway distance from Spire to Dalymount <<< distance from Spire to Tolka (and Shels is a southside team anyway).

We're not. We're a Dublin team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Yeah I'd be up for this as well Des, but like Spud, gargles afterwards should be mandatory.

Many moons ago I used to be a regular at Dalymount, t'would be nice to get back in to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can't recommend this enough. Imagine this is your charitable donation for the month. It will feel good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Great idea! I'm a Shamrock Rovers fan. Be nice to watch a LoI game. What match were you planning? Dates?

Advertisement