Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs Tickets

• 13-05-2009 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

How much is the going rate for your debs tickets this year?, cos im pretty sure mines a bit much!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Our debs is costing €50 per ticket.. our debs last year was €65 so i am happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

€110 per ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Either €100 or €120 each me thinks.

I have heard absolutely no details so far, except where it'll be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Over €100 for tickets? :eek:
    I hope yiz are getting lobster for dinner

phasers wrote: »
    Over €100 for tickets? :eek:
    I hope yiz are getting lobster for dinner

I think eating before hand would probably in order........

Debs food, not meant to be high quality :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Mine was around €80 each last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

50 for each ticket. It could probably be cheaper since we started a tuck shop and made loads of money but for some reason, they want to give it to charity :( What about me? I'll have no money during the summer.

i cant believe some of ye're debs are costing over €100!! like ours includes transport to and from the hotel (woodlands adare), dinner (which if its like any other debs food ive got will be crap) and the band and a dj! our tickets even went down in price this year and its further away and a better hotel to our debs last yr! :eek:

are the €100 + tickets for dublin debs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

€90 per ticket. Looking like it's going to go up though, with people dropping out and stuff...

are the €100 + tickets for dublin debs?

Dublin yeah, but I'll put it this way, I'm in a school where there's no attempt made to lessen the cost of the Debs, because a certain proportion are so well off, it is seen that there is no need to. And "The rest of us" just have to get on with it, regardless of financial position (No resentment or anything, but it can be a bit trying at times.....).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Mine were something like €35 each last year. Cheapest I've heard of I think- and it was a great night.
    Gorgeous hotel, champagne reception, band, 4 course meal I think.

Actually, it was probably the best of all the ones I went to in terms of hotel-and-meal-niceness-etc- and the cheapest! I think our debs committee struck a deal with the hotel or something. And, of course, it wasn't in Dublin :P

This year, I've no idea as regards prices as nobody's started to even organise it yet as far as I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

€60 last year per ticket, so I had to pay €120
    It's €88.16 a ticket this year, but this time she is paying for both haha. :D

Fad wrote: »
    Dublin yeah, but I'll put it this way, I'm in a school where there's no attempt made to lessen the cost of the Debs, because a certain proportion are so well off, it is seen that there is no need to. And "The rest of us" just have to get on with it, regardless of financial position (No resentment or anything, but it can be a bit trying at times.....).
    i know what you mean, i am friends with most the debs committee but some of them think that we have money to burn like!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

ours were €140 for the two tickets, photographer, bus (one way) in Cork. Seems resonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ours are $40 each. Too much imo but sure that's life. Hopefully I'll be able to smuggle a bottle of vodka in.

pints are apparently €6 at the hotel they booked :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Ours are €88 each!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Somone is making an absolute killing judging by them prices! :D

Ours are 70 for two, after party included in that aswell!

And 4 passes to most popular/biggest nightclub in town aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

75 each I think? Was months ago I got them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was €170 for the two, but well it's been cancelled cause only 11 (22) of us planned to go after a few dropped out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Ah ri thanks guys, mine are probly about average for dublin then at 80 each yeah?, still though, a night out in town is like 40 quid, nd id rather have one more quality night with the lads than 4 average ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

a night out in town is like 40 quid

wtf how do you manage that? I always end up spending about 70-80 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

I always go barcode(free in), or else a place with 2 euro drinks, recession nd all that yeno. Plus girls always spend more cos they insist on drinking double vodka/blackcurrant/red bull/liquid gold at like 8 euro a go! In my times of extreme financial crisis a few bottles can always be smuggled in inside pockets of coats:cool:

I always go barcode(free in), or else a place with 2 euro drinks, recession nd all that yeno. Plus girls always spend more cos they insist on drinking double vodka/blackcurrant/red bull/liquid gold at like 8 euro a go! In my times of extreme financial crisis a few bottles can always be smuggled in inside pockets of coats:cool:

for me its usually like 4-5 pints before going to a club then in the club its a 10er in and about 4-5 jack daniels and coke then a takeaway after and then taxi. I suppose the jack daniels and taxi are the 2 main problems cost wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I bought 2 today.

Surely I'm bound to find a chick who's willing to go to a party for free? Surely! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ours are €180 for two..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

timmywex wrote: »
    Somone is making an absolute killing judging by them prices! :D

Ours are 70 for two, after party included in that aswell!

And 4 passes to most popular/biggest nightclub in town aswell!

Dare I ask- Sto-o-ores?
    I have a whole book of free passes to get in there, I went down one Thursday because I heard they were giving them out. Then I went to school the next day. I love my life.
    K4t wrote: »
    I bought 2 today.

Surely I'm bound to find a chick who's willing to go to a party for free? Surely! :eek:

If not, I'm sure one of your male friends would look just lovely with a pair of fake boobs and a dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Flomp

€200 for 2 tickets, hotel, buses, meal, band and a yearbook :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

190 for two people.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

strongr wrote: »
    4-5 jack daniels and coke

RECESSION BUSTING:
    drop the coke, so it'll be cheaper and you'll only need two.

• Advertisement

Fince wrote: »
    RECESSION BUSTING:
    drop the coke, so it'll be cheaper and you'll only need two.

true ! must start givin that a go from now on, the wallet is fairly ****ed atm :D

Advertisement