Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware of needaticket.ie

Options
  • 13-05-2009 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

ok I'm just going to sum up MY experience quickly.

Ordered 2 tickets for the heineken cup semi final approx 2 weeks in advance of game for a friend in the UK

Put in Uk as the delivery adress.

Rang next day to ask approx. when I might get the tickets.

Was told approx. 5 - 8 business days before the game.

Rang the monday before the saturday game to ask if they'd been sent.

Was told they'd be sent out at latest wensday.

Rang wensday. was told because it's the UK would have to be collected.
    Talked to friend from the UK . she was nervous traveling to Ireland without tickets in hand. Rang back asked to ship them to adress in ireland.
    Was told no problem but they may not be in until thurseday and may have to be collected anyway.

Rang back thursday was told they'd have to be collected. Explained friend was nervous comin g from Uk without tickets. Was assured nothting at all to worry about. Tickets would be there Saturday no question. Would haver to be collected after 3 pm Saturday at Dublin office.

Reluctantly friend said ok came over from england.

Turned up 3 pm on the Saturday. approx. 20 other people waitinf for tickets.

No sign of anybody.

Friend tried ringing contact number. no answer. Eventually got answer, told he was at croke park. No tickets available.

Friend understandably infuritaed.

Was told would be given 125% refund as a sorry.

Friend not happy at all about that considering flight and hotel expensies, and miserable weekend.

Was given 100% refund. And a voucher towards further tickets, or two tickets to the final.

If accept tickets to the final, they'll be sent out monday or tuesday of next week (18th to 19th)match is in Scotland on the 26th.

munster fan so tickets only any use if can be sold to someone else.

And feeling very confident of getting the "compensation" tickets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Just a follow up. I decided to accept two tickets to the final as a "sorry" from them for the shambels that the semi final was.

I was told they were being sent out last thursday the 14th for the match today, the 23rd.

Got nothing whatsover in the post. And not even an email from them.

Good job I hadn't booked airplane tickets to Scotland!

How this guy/these guys, are allowed to be in business is beyond me.

And they are advertised all over the internet in any google search related to tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Trampas

They are just a tout.

Probably sold your tickets to someone else who paid more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They are touts who accept credit cards and have a web site plain and simple.

Ask yourself this : would you give your credit card details to one of them 'people' that hang around out side a gig shouting anyone buying or selling tickets.

Reported this shower to ticketmaster before but they really were not interested.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

the site looks questionable and dodgy at best,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

i dont know why your picking on just these guys ,theyre one in over a thousand similar companies doing the exact same thing ,BUY YOUR TICKETS DIRECT-no chance or fakes or scams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Use toutless.com if you need tickets for a sold out gig. They're not touts, as the name suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Agree with everyone else. That site is just your bog standard scruffy ticket tout who's learned a bit of HTML.

Just looking at the website. The fact that they are offering every ticket imaginable (for a massive markup), suggest that they don't even have the tickets at hand, and will merely try to get you tickets, and refund you the money if they fail.

One can categorically say that Ticket Touts are all scum, and can not be trusted (due to their chosen profession).

You learned a valuable lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

Trampas wrote: »
    They are just a tout.

Probably sold your tickets to someone else who paid more.

Or they may never have had the tickets.
    One web tout site (not the one mentioned) I have experienced, sold the tickets first and then tried to source them.

They would try to get them off ebay or similar, if they could do it and make a profit, fine.
    It they could not get them they would just make up a story for the unfortunate customer who is left with no tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

MarkK wrote: »
    Or they may never have had the tickets.
    One web tout site (not the one mentioned) I have experienced, sold the tickets first and then tried to source them.

They would try to get them off ebay or similar, if they could do it and make a profit, fine.
    It they could not get them they would just make up a story for the unfortunate customer who is left with no tickets.

Yes if you look on their website and the seat numbers and rows for gigs they are always the same for all events. Some of the rows don't even exist.

They just charge more than eBay prices I reckon and then if they make a sale buy them from there. They probablly get their own stash also. Report them to some consumer watchdog thingy and see if they can do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

As an example look at their concert section under Michael Jackson. Mad prices being charged and tickets for that aren't coming out until the week of the gig. No way in hell did they get tickets for everyone of the shows

• Advertisement
Advertisement