Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the story with the Savoy?

Options
  • 13-05-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Is it closed or what? I know its part of the Rebel Bar Group and they are in financial 'difficulty' but their website isn't very clear. The 80's and 90's nights have been moved elsewhere and they have no gigs as far as i'm aware so i guess its shut?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Is it closed or what? I know its part of the Rebel Bar Group and they are in financial 'difficulty' but their website isn't very clear. The 80's and 90's nights have been moved elsewhere and they have no gigs as far as i'm aware so i guess its shut?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055531187&highlight=rebel+bar+group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sunnydayz

The savoy is horrible, it should have been closed ages ago!
    it;s always the same music and it lookes the same, the same things all the time and people get bored, no more people goes in unless there is some gig you can't see anywhere else! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

I used to enjoy the savoy up to a few years ago. Great venue with seats for chilling and plenty of Bars.

It's a shame it is after ending the way it did. It was the first nightclub I ever went to when I was 17!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Dido1

Think John Digweed is playing in there on Sat nite??? I agree tho, carpets in there are manky, you can feel yourself sticking to the floor, like walking around with plungers on yours shoes. Bit too long in the tooth to be going in there now anyway. Bring back Henrys!!!:-)

Advertisement