Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager Forum - In Need Of An Overhaul

Options
  • 13-05-2009 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭

Just from looking at the Football Manager forum, it has gone really dead, and nobody seems to be doing a whole lot to get it buzzing again. There was talk before of spicing everything up, setting up challenges and competitions, but nothing ever came about it.

There are very few regular posters, and while the mods aren't doing a bad job (theres certainly not much they have to worry about), I feel the whole thing needs a shot in the arm, and for that reason I'm posting to offer my services as moderator, to get things going, set up some challenges and competitions, and get people coming onto the forum on a regular basis, as I'd really enjoy the forum more if there was more active traffic. Obviously I could make threads without being a moderator, and I do that quite frequently, but for arranging competitions etc. it'd definitely help to be able to tidy things up.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

a social group and you as group leader?

link to the group on the forum then when you set yer challenges etc etc etc.

all I read from the post was "I wanna be mod" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

We have looked at getting group competitions on the go and also at setting challenges and that has done a bit but unfortunately we can only work with the people that are willing / able to compete in such comps. I even came up with a kind of fantasy football challenge based on somebody's game and the score/scorers etc in a season but with few people about able to participate or interested in the challenges that are posted. There has been threads posted to get ideas for what people feel would liven the place up but again, these things can only take off with audience participation.

Why don't you post your ideas for what you want to see happening on the forum and see if people like them or if you can get people involved. You do not have to be a mod to have a good idea or get people involved in talking about something you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yup. i also had a few plans i discussed with T4TF, then went AFK. :o

that's the problem with the Football Manager Forum, it's too small a group of regulars really.

maybe if we wrote our own guides and posted them we might start to pinch some traffic from google? that seems to be how most of the other forums got going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Aside from challenges and the likes, the best idea I had was to have like a group effort, where people enter in, and we try and win every single possible competition in the game between the lot of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Tbh, I'd be one of those that would post more in the forum if things like this were organised. I'm a self-confessed FM addict, but apart from one or two comments I never really looked to the FM forum for hints or tips, I'd just go to the Sports Interactive forums themselves or one of the other bigger sites.

But I'd certainly be around if some competitions came about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Right I'll give something a whack.

Advertisement