Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple seek double room/own apartment in Sydney

Options
  • 13-05-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,

Myself and the bf are seeking a double room/ one bedroom apartment in Sydney, flexible regards location....preferable Coogee/Randwick...Eastern suburbs.

Anyone know of anything going?? We're both Irish, both professionals, would like to share with like minded 20-30 yr olds, who like to be sociable, bbqs, drinks, beach at the weekends, and work during the week.

Looking for a long term arrangement, so at least 3 months, but if the arrangement works out well would stay til at least next jan or feb!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

amybabes wrote: »
    Hi,

Myself and the bf are seeking a double room/ one bedroom apartment in Sydney, flexible regards location....preferable Coogee/Randwick...Eastern suburbs.

Anyone know of anything going?? We're both Irish, both professionals, would like to share with like minded 20-30 yr olds, who like to be sociable, bbqs, drinks, beach at the weekends, and work during the week.

Looking for a long term arrangement, so at least 3 months, but if the arrangement works out well would stay til at least next jan or feb!!

try www.gumtree.com.au for shared accomodation and www.realestate.com.au for your own place
    www.domain.com.au is another

im sure there are a few more that people might be able to add

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Try http://www.sydneyterraces.com over in Newtown - i stayed there for 3 months.

Newtown is nice, pretty cools bars, great value restaurants and its easy to get to town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

+1 for newtown I live there and it is fantastic
    you can get a meal in a restuarent there for less than $20! (with a glass of wine)

Otherwise pucan is looking for someone http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60241624#post60241624

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Jugs82 wrote: »
    Try http://www.sydneyterraces.com over in Newtown - i stayed there for 3 months.

Newtown is nice, pretty cools bars, great value restaurants and its easy to get to town

anybody know of good cheap accomodation like this in sydney ??? , say week to week rather than monthly , great find all the same though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Jugs82 wrote: »

checked this site out, looks really good! thanks for d tip, thats d reason i started this thread....never would have found that myself!!
    my bf is over there already, supposed to be house hunting coz i arrive in 2 weeks and would like to have somewhere to go, as his place at the moment isnt an option(hes sharing a room with 2 other guys) and theres people on the couch/floor etc. and one bathroom between 10! :eek::eek:

been looking at gumtree and domain the last couple of months, but i know alot of the letting agents want you to sign a 1 yr lease, have references etc. alot of places have viewing on one day for like 15 minutes!! is it just me or is that crazy?
    i can imagine now....ques of people lining up with references/deposits/forms filled out all trying to get a place before they've seen it! CRAZY!my cousin had to do it for a place in a post estate in trim 2 yrs ago, but i think those times have stopped in ireland now!

thanks for the tip and advice anyway! if theres any other people reading this who's looking for a place in sydney also and would be interested in sharing a lease/looking together, pm me.....from my last 2/3 months of looking on those sites, i think its much better value to get a 2 or 3 bedroom place in terms of what u get....pool, sun room, terraces etc. rather than studios and one beds......i personally think studios are weird, cooking ur dinner and hopping into bed in the same room! no thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sydney123

Mod Banned for spamming

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Looking to offload last 2 months of lease on one bed apartment here in North Sydney, $440 per week, Cremorne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

ambasite wrote: »
    Looking to offload last 2 months of lease on one bed apartment here in North Sydney, $440 per week, Cremorne.

Well, the OP was looking for somewhere almost a year ago so I'm presuming she has somewhere by now :)

Hopefully someone else will be keen

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

watna wrote: »
    Well, the OP was looking for somewhere almost a year ago so I'm presuming she has somewhere by now :)

Hopefully someone else will be keen

thanks watna, never looked at the date! :o

Advertisement