Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

underwater camera

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,508 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Both of those cameras have quite poor depth ratings (10M), had you considered a polycarbonate housing for an older (cheap) point and shoot camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

njburke wrote: »
    Both of those cameras have quite poor depth ratings (10M), had you considered a polycarbonate housing for an older (cheap) point and shoot camera.

10m is fine for the OP's stated use cases ... who dives more the 10m while snorkeling?

If planning to do a PADI course that would be a different matter ...

I had a play with the new Canon camera ... it's nice but don't expect miracles when shooting in water... it is pretty dark down there and the flash on these cameras is not that strong ... and while their ISO rating is up to 1600, I've yet to see a usable IS1600 in a P&S ... and I work in an environment where we test 100's of cameras from every manufacturer ...
    ... so the under water range will be limited to a few metres (I'm guessing) ...

I'm thinking of getting one myself ... I'd consider the Olypmus underwater range as an alternative ... they have been at it for longer than Canon ...

check out reviews here -

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0902/09021805canond10.asp

Advertisement