Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered AITI Tax Qualification Info and Questions

Comments

I'm sitting the personal tax exam next week - as this is a repeat for me I'm using the old legislation books - there has been quite a lot of changes in the 2014 FA. Can anyone tell me are the changes in the FA 2014 being examined in the exams next year and not in the exam next week?!

Thanks!

The Autumn sitting (next week) has the same legislative basis as the April sitting - i.e legislation up to FA 2013 no2 as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Barker152

Does anyone know the going rate for a tax trainee- in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 coolaboola14

Barker152 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the going rate for a tax trainee- in Limerick?

Starting off its c.15K with a jump to 18K after Y1. That's in the smaller firms - not too sure but I'd imagine the big 4 etc. are slightly higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Barker152

Once you get the CTA qualification, what would you be on then, would anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Starting my part 3 next month. Did not do part 1 and 2 as my masters got me excemptions from there. Just wonder what the standard amount of study leave for parts 3 would be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

I believe in order to get exempt from part 1 and 2 - you need to get an extremely high mark in your masters from Limerick?

If you got high enough to be eligible for the exemptions, you will not find the part 3 too difficult.

(they are extremely difficult, but i'm assuming you scored a high 1st class honours?)

adrianw wrote: »
    I believe in order to get exempt from part 1 and 2 - you need to get an extremely high mark in your masters from Limerick?

If you got high enough to be eligible for the exemptions, you will not find the part 3 too difficult.

(they are extremely difficult, but i'm assuming you scored a high 1st class honours?)

In the UL master it's a b3 average in the tax subjects to get the part 1 and 2 exemptions. So rule of tumb get a 2:1 and ur sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ireland99

Anyone waiting on Part 3 results, How did u find the exams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Just a few questions -

I have all CAP 1 exams and CAP 2 taxation. Does anyone know if this would make me exempt from the Part 1 exams? Per the website having CAP 1 and 2 exempts but I only have the taxation exam for CAP 2.

Secondly, is it possible to sit the exams and get the materials (books, past papers) without enrolling on the course for lectures with AITI?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Does anyone know what is the standard and/or ITI recommended study leave for Part 2 and Part 3 examinations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

anyone know if a company can save tax money on hiring equipment to do manual jobs, versus purchasing the same outright ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

anyone know if a company can save tax money on hiring equipment to do manual jobs, versus purchasing the same outright ?

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Anyone ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Anyone ???

See my previous response.

Hint: Look at the name of this thread, and previous conversation... maybe start a new thread...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Just a few questions -

I have all CAP 1 exams and CAP 2 taxation. Does anyone know if this would make me exempt from the Part 1 exams? Per the website having CAP 1 and 2 exempts but I only have the taxation exam for CAP 2.

Secondly, is it possible to sit the exams and get the materials (books, past papers) without enrolling on the course for lectures with AITI?

Thanks in advance!

I would think that you would need all of CAP 2 as you are being exempted from the accountancy module but better to phone the Institute and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I would think that you would need all of CAP 2 as you are being exempted from the accountancy module but better to phone the Institute and ask.

Yeah you're correct, I spoke to the institute - CAP 1s get you the group one exemption - only required to sit CGT fundamentals and Income Tax fundamentals in the Part 1 exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dance3eye

Hi All,

I am doing Part 1 exams and struggling - anyone know of any good grinds providers? any info on the likely cost I should expect to pay would also be great.

thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is very early to be looking at grinds imo. The first few weeks can be overwhelming but you just need to get your head down into the books. Are there any qualified people where you work that could give you some help?

Hey everyone in the part 3 Indirect class in dublin the lecturer spoke about a EU case that was similar to CIBO but the judge gave a different ruling. Name of company was something like Rentrea.

Does anyone have the correct name for that case??

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinboard

scheister wrote: »
    Hey everyone in the part 3 Indirect class in dublin the lecturer spoke about a EU case that was similar to CIBO but the judge gave a different ruling. Name of company was something like Rentrea.

Does anyone have the correct name for that case??
    Hey doing the course aswell but can't find the case!

• Advertisement

Hey doing the course aswell but can't find the case!

Finally found the case the other day.

http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf?text=&docid=165920&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=lst&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=369323

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ChartAccount

Is there any Grinds and NOTEs simialr to ACA Chartered Grinds School.

I am thinking there must be some notes floating around especially in the Big 4 firms.

If anyone ahs heard of this or has notes would they mind helping me out.

I am looking for Part 2 notes...if part 3 notes around i will take them too!

Thanks

Is there any Grinds and NOTEs simialr to ACA Chartered Grinds School.

I am thinking there must be some notes floating around especially in the Big 4 firms.

If anyone ahs heard of this or has notes would they mind helping me out.

I am looking for Part 2 notes...if part 3 notes around i will take them too!

Thanks

taxgrinds.ie is one place to try but they are booked out atm but are putting people on a waiting list

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ChartAccount

taxgrinds.ie is one place to try but they are booked out atm but are putting people on a waiting list

I contacted them, they said they don't do waiting lists and wont contact me in the future about a place on the course.

Also they don't sell notes separately.

Not very helpful really, would turn you off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Frantic FAE

Contacted Taxgrinds.ie, was put on a cancellation list then shortly after that got a place on the revision course. Having done their course and studied their notes I'm not surprised they're always booked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinboard

Is that for part 3 ctA? Any good? What was covered

Contacted Taxgrinds.ie, was put on a cancellation list then shortly after that got a place on the revision course. Having done their course and studied their notes I'm not surprised they're always booked up.

just wondering when you contacted them as when i did i was told even cancellation list was full

Before Christmas

Is that for part 3 ctA? Any good? What was covered

No, Part 2 - Very good - Course covered the trickiest parts of the syllabus

• Advertisement

just wondering when you contacted them as when i did i was told even cancellation list was full

Before Christmas

Advertisement