Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered AITI Tax Qualification Info and Questions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gallyer

Same as that Script, failed the exam, but did quite well in the Home Assignment, better than i expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

Same here, failed the exam but did really well in the home assignment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Smithie

What does really well and quite well mean? 60, 70, 80%?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

Smithie wrote: »
    What does really well and quite well mean? 60, 70, 80%?

I suppose for me - it was 72% for paper, and a terrible 36% in the personal exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Smithie

Well done on the assignment, think I evened out my results and just passed both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

45% in exam and 88% in assignment

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ramacc

40 in the exam and 68 in the HA only another 40% needed in the summer for business tax :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

38 in exam and 75 in assessment.

Knew i failed exam so was actually happy enough overall

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dcarlito

51 APT (blessed) and 80 ABT

• Registered Users Posts: 8 whatyathink

Results are due out on Fri I believe.

Gosh that's very difficult, I can PM you with any tips for they give over the next couple of weeks. I must say I found Sat lectures very helpful. The VAT lecturer is really excellent.

Best of luck! You'll be grand with 4 wks study leave.
    Do you mind me asking where you doing the lectures?
    I'm sitting all 4 exams in May but unfortunately i haven't got to any of the vat lectures yet

• Advertisement

Hi everyone
    I'm new to this page, didn't know it existed!!!
    I got 40 in my APT and 64 in ABT
    How is everyone approaching their studying? Haven't really started yet and i'm finding it difficult to get stuck in. I'm planning on taking 4-5 weeks study leave hopefully it will be enough:confused:

45% in exam and 88% in assignment
    well done in the home assignment, excellent result

Do you mind me asking where you doing the lectures?
    I'm sitting all 4 exams in May but unfortunately i haven't got to any of the vat lectures yet

In Dublin at NCI..am in group 1. Find the lecturer very good. Have been trying to access to a library for study leave, NCI will take me for €80, DBS €50, Griffith said no as their exam time. So think I'll go for DBS as handiest.

dcarlito wrote: »
    51 APT (blessed) and 80 ABT

Well done, that was a great result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Some great results in the home assignment!

Read the exam reports today, i think this thread got a mention;) Apparently one of the assignments was 90 pages long:eek: Looking at the solution, my 2 pages on stamp duty and 2 pages on double tax relief calcs were a waste of space, oh well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Confused99

Hi guys Passed both quite well so delighted Is anyone is in Group 1, Part 3 and interested in hearing the Advanced Indirect Taxes Podcast from lecture missed due to snow in January. The lecturer said due to the importance of the material covered to contact Miriam in the Institute if we want this I contacted her but she said if sufficient numbers expressed interest it would be recorded and made available.

How's the study going for everyone Mine is slow - can't seem to find the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

Just a quick question for everyone doing exams and paying there own fees..am I correct in thinking that fees dont have to be paid in full until you sit the exams. I have a small O/S Balance which I have been paying off over the past few weeks and have had 2 calls this week about this wanting to know when the O/S balance will be paid...anybody else have the same issue?

I intend to have it paid by exam date but like everyone else have run into financial difficulty, I sent 2 emails informing them of this with no reply!

Confused99 wrote: »
    Hi guys Passed both quite well so delighted Is anyone is in Group 1, Part 3 and interested in hearing the Advanced Indirect Taxes Podcast from lecture missed due to snow in January. The lecturer said due to the importance of the material covered to contact Miriam in the Institute if we want this I contacted her but she said if sufficient numbers expressed interest it would be recorded and made available.

How's the study going for everyone Mine is slow - can't seem to find the time!

I got a similar response, not sure how many need to ask. It should be put on no matter what. Not waiting for adequate numbers to ask.

My study also going extremely slow. Very hard to get stuff done in the evenings I find. Almost looking forward to having Paddys day and next weekend to get some much needed study in!!

Just a quick question for everyone doing exams and paying there own fees..am I correct in thinking that fees dont have to be paid in full until you sit the exams. I have a small O/S Balance which I have been paying off over the past few weeks and have had 2 calls this week about this wanting to know when the O/S balance will be paid...anybody else have the same issue?

I intend to have it paid by exam date but like everyone else have run into financial difficulty, I sent 2 emails informing them of this with no reply!
    Like you I am payin my own fees but i'm on a direct debit with the Institute, the last one is due at the end of this month.
    You would think in these times they should understand the financial position of their students....i'm sure once it's paid before the exams it should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lisagirl1

Like a few people above, I failed the exam & did well in the assignment. What % do we need to get from the summer exam now to pass the personal taxes? Tough trying to get into the study at the mo!

• Advertisement

lisagirl1 wrote: »
    Like a few people above, I failed the exam & did well in the assignment. What % do we need to get from the summer exam now to pass the personal taxes? Tough trying to get into the study at the mo!

well 50% is a pass so depending on your assignment results the summer is marked out of 85 marks.

On the plus side there is now 15 minutes addiitonal reading time for all summer exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

Hi guys.

Im thinking of doing the AITI course. Was just wondering how a legal graduate would find switching codes to tax? IF anyone out there is the the same boat, how difficult did they find the course/exams?

I presume I would be exempt from the Law subject in the first year also?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Hi guys, i have a question as regards the AITI Qualification, would there be many opportunities working aboard with this qualification ? Any reponses much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Law Graduates (like myself are exempt from the law exam. I did corporate law so was also exempt from accountancy part one)

Working abroad is trickier. You are being trained in the Irish tax system. While a lot of corporate tax is interchangeable and things like VAT travel well in the EU, Income tax does not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

was just wondering what people are doing for the vat exam at part 3, are ye looking at the entire manual or concentrating specifically on the part 3 material.

Exam papers seem to focus a bit more on the part 3 stuff but i dont wana leave myself short not covering the lot

Legend100 wrote: »
    was just wondering what people are doing for the vat exam at part 3, are ye looking at the entire manual or concentrating specifically on the part 3 material.

Exam papers seem to focus a bit more on the part 3 stuff but i dont wana leave myself short not covering the lot

Hi Legend, I am looking at the entire manual, but mainly as I can't seem to remember anything from Part 2's!! Concentrating on Part 3 stuff and anything mentioned in class, but I find I have to keep referring back to Part 2 notes as I don't remember the details of the stuff. I guess that's the downside of cramming, you remember it for a short period of time only! I am trying to cover all the material before the revision course and then work on exam questions constantly for the three weeks I have off before the exams. that's my strategy anyway!! Very nervous about personal tax, having done so badly in the exam!

Hi Lisa, same as me, you need 58% to pass the Summer, but you will probably have picked up a couple of percent at least even if you failed CA. It's so hard to come home after a days work and study!!

Hi Lisa, same as me, you need 58% to pass the Summer, but you will probably have picked up a couple of percent at least even if you failed CA. It's so hard to come home after a days work and study!!

Thanks for that Script! sure is hard to face into it after work...just have to keep reminding ourselves bout having the whole summer off if we get them first time round...makes the slogging a bit easier now :)

Thanks for that Script! sure is hard to face into it after work...just have to keep reminding ourselves bout having the whole summer off if we get them first time round...makes the slogging a bit easier now :)

does anyone know what the story is if you fail any of the continuous assessment linked exams in may do you just repeat the exam or assignments as well??

• Advertisement

ramacc wrote: »
    does anyone know what the story is if you fail any of the continuous assessment linked exams in may do you just repeat the exam or assignments as well??

As far as i know, if you fail your continuous assessment stands & you just repeat the exam. you should email miriam for confirmation tho, just to be on the safe side!

Advertisement