Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who makes the best 3.5 stereo mini-jack TO L&R PHONO (rca) cable?

• 13-05-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

I want to play music files on my laptop at my daughters communion via its "headphone out" jack. I will be plugging it into L&R rca inputs on a pa system. I have one of these cables but its ancient and I only paid a couple of quid for it years ago, but when I use it now I get the most apalling background noise. I'm looking for a superior quality cable that is built to last.Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

the background noise comes from the laptop, not the cable's fault!

buy a ground loop isolator in maplin's - they're only 15 quid and they'll fix the problem

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

tyranny, thanks for the reply. So you rekon its definitley the laptop? I checked the maplin site but I could only see phono to phono ground loopers, dont suppose you know the name of it?

oh I see now, I plug the rca outputs from the 3.5mm to rca into the looper and then plug the looper into the pa system.Sorry, I just assumed it had to be all the one unit.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Important note: Don't turn off the Amp while they're connected. There's a chance you'll blowing your soundcard.

thanks for the advice, I tried it with the power cable unplugged and it was totally silent.

• Advertisement

got one today in maplin and I have to say it makes the world of difference, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

you're welcome

;)

Advertisement