Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian vs. Rangers Match Thread

• 13-05-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

Live on Setanta Ireland.

Just gone half time. Hibs scored a cracking goal 2 minutes before half-time, and are winning 1-0.

As it stands, Celtic are still top of the table, and Rangers have all the work to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

'Gers have been awful.

How Velicka gets a slot in that team is beyond me, the guys got about as much skill and pace as Des on a saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's gonna have to be the Utd match for me .. nice to see Rangers behind, gonna bring it down to the wire :)

Random wrote: »
    It's gonna have to be the Utd match for me .. nice to see Rangers behind, gonna bring it down to the wire :)

Was going down to the wire anyway dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Cmon the hibs - put in a solid 45 now please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'd snap up a draw at the moment. Puts it back in Celtic's hands. Rangers won't catch the goal difference, as small as it looks atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just flicked on for a bit at half time in the Man Utd match,

great play by whittaker, cross into Novo who missed his 2nd chance in a matter of mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I think its only a matter of time before Rangers score :(

~Marky~ wrote: »
    I think its only a matter of time before Rangers score :(

Doesnt matter if we ****ing do or not it seems.

Absolute Joke of a decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It didn't cross the line

Des wrote: »
    It didn't cross the line

did ;)

Edit: Should have had a penalty too

• Advertisement

About ****ing time novo!

Too late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Eirebear wrote: »
    About ****ing time novo!

Too late?

too late

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Deserved goal. Rangers absolutely piling the pressure on Hibs 2nd half.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

1-1 FT

Jaypers... tense 2nd half. Looks like we got out of jail. For the time being anyway.

Unbelievably that 2nd half was the best ive seen rangers play all season...typical eh?

All I know is that Rob Jones is one SPL player I wouldn't mind in the Celtic squad. He saved Hibs bacon I thought.

I haven't been that nervous watching a game in at least a year. I literally couldn't sit down for the 2nd half and my eyes were staring at the top left corner for the last 14 minutes. What a 45 minutes.

2 wins for Celtic now should do it. It's all about Saturday. If they beat Hibs I couldn't see them failing to win the SPL.

2 wins by just 1 goal for Celtic will give Celtic a +49 goal difference. Rangers would have to win their 2 games by at least 5 goals to win the league if Celtic get the 2 wins.

Ecstatic here. :D

Falkirk overtaking St Mirren at the bottom is more great news.

Boardsies - take a look at the lack of activity right now in this thread to realise how few actual Celtic supporters there are in this country. Celtic forums right now are setting records for current users online yet we've had 2 Celtic fans post since here since full time (and yes, boards does represent our country ;)). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,354 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Usual cliches here but what a big set of games this weekend. If this does not motivate the Celtic team after last weekend, nothing will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Knew if anyone was gonna help Celtic it was gonna be Hibs, didn't get to see the game but a great result! Two wins now and Celtic have it! :D

Come on the Bhoy's !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Its going to be a tight run in. Did not see rangers dropping points this evening. Big big games coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

So if we do win the two final games and the title does this mean we're stuck with Strachan for another season :mad:

Every silver cloud has a dark lining!

So if we do win the two final games and the title does this mean we're stuck with Strachan for another season :mad:

Title or not, he wouldn't be sacked. Question is whether he'd walk. 4 in-a-row and he might decide to leave on a high, lose it and he might leave also. Who knows? I always got the impression that the whole "Old Firm" nonsense got to him and that he'd be short term rather than long term, but 4 seasons later and here we are.

Anyway, let's discuss it in a couple of weeks. Now is not the time - just gotta get the team prepared for two tough games.

EDIT: sorry folks, I guess this should really be in the Celtic thread. Not used to posting in other threads on here. ;)

15q6tjq.png

Advertisement