Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't FRET, it's general discussion!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

calex71 wrote: »
    Very possible, you can 100% a song and not get it. Gold stars are linked to score, so correct use of over drive is needed. In Guitar Hero they were tied to 100%.

Another strange thing that can happen with FCs is that it's possible to FC a song on Vocals but only get 99% accuracy on it. The consensus seems to be that the glitch happens when you get an "Awesome" on a phrase without filling the rotating "pie" fully, so that you get 998/1000 points for a phrase instead of the full 1000. This can actually happen annoyingly often, which is especially unfortunate when you've managed a difficult FC like Bohemian Rhapsody! Gutting when the section breakdown shows that you got 100% in every section of the song, but you still get 99% overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Something I'm noticing is no fail getting switched on by itself. Only noticed when I went to check my score on the leaderboards and noticed it hadn't updated :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Can you use the Rockband keyboard as a midi with Pro Tools and the like?

there was a thread on it on the RB site http://www.rockband.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-207271.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Decent, thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Hooray !!!!!!! Keldon's site is back up and scanning scores http://rockbandscores.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭ongarite

Could be a fake but a man can dream. Hasn't been completely denied if you read between the lines!

143dov4.jpg

2nlzbds.jpg

Wow that would be great, not just because they are great songs to play but also the fact that this would open them up to keys!!!!!!

Likely this is taken from the now removed youtube video of a guy showing how to do it on a JTAG'd xbox.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That'd be awesome, a lot of good songs on there I don't get to play much anymore.

I DL'd TTFaTF. Oh God. On every instrument. Just... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Apparently it was done by some guy who has a JTAG Xbox and is not likely to be real.

• Advertisement

Am I allowed let you guys in on a way to get lots of Rock Band DLC free? :pac:

Am I allowed let you guys in on a way to get lots of Rock Band DLC free? :pac:

It would be a sad day if I had to dish out a ban or do anything mod like in here :D

It would be a sad day if I had to dish out a ban or do anything mod like in here :D

What if I let you know on Xbox Live? ;)

Really need to get some life back into this place!

Now since I've gotten a lot, and I mean a lot of delicious new DLC for Rock Band 3, I went on a bit of a buzz and decided to finally get the finger out and find an Xbox 360 MIDI pro adapter for my e-drums. Found one on eBay, it's been shipped from the UK and it should be here by monday morning with a bit of luck! You guys probably saw pictures of my crude setup before. I managed to move my e-drums into my room after getting rid of a desk that was just taking up space. (Was just in the guest room before) That corner of my room is going to be my Rock Band corner!

I have two Xbox 360s (Upgraded to a 250GB after having a crappy 20GB non-HDMI model since 2006) so I'm going to designate my old 360 as my RB 360, which will have nothing but Rock Band DLC on it. It's just gonna be a pain in the ass transferring it all over since I spent a lot of time putting all my RB DLC on my new 360 before I got the idea to do this. It'll be in the corner next to my e-drums and connected to an old (but quite good) Philips stereo system I use for my regular gaming. The purpose of this is to actually have good audio from the game itself and any sound at all from the 360 since I'm going to be building a shelf over my drums to place an old 15" LCD monitor I have on top of it so I have a clear, unobstructed view of the chart. Don't really need an awesome screen to play Rock Band on! :P

So I'll have my e-drums hooked up to my 360 but it'll also be hooked up to the amp I have with my e-drums too which will produce the sound from the actual drums themselves, rather than the recorded drum tracks in the game. It'll give me a result exactly the same as the guy in this video, so I can actually hear myself playing the song, rather than the usual clacking on your plastic pads:

I shall show you guys photos if I manage to finish it successfully! And yes you're all invited to come over and play!

How do find going through the stereo ? I love playing my games through the technics one here and RB sounds so clear and crisp with a real undistorted thump to the bass but alas I was never able to rid it of lag calibration issues.

Even worse when I go through my nice headphones straight from the xbox so no late night playing either :mad:

How do find going through the stereo ? I love playing my games through the technics one here and RB sounds so clear and crisp with a real undistorted thump to the bass but alas I was never able to rid it of lag calibration issues.

Even worse when I go through my nice headphones straight from the xbox so no late night playing either :mad:

I never get any lag or calibration issues using the stereo, I just use the red and white connections from the component AV cables right into the back of it and away you go. Sound is a million times better than the TV!

I never get any lag or calibration issues using the stereo, I just use the red and white connections from the component AV cables right into the back of it and away you go. Sound is a million times better than the TV!

Thats what I was doing. I wonder is it the actual cables I'm using. I have an unofficial vga cable with the red and white connectors for audio, but they were a little short so I had to use an extender, must try and shift the stereo over so I can use the cable directly to it, or dig out the component and suffer a loss of visual sharpness.

Do try that! Try and use as little outside stuff/extenders as possible.

Sucks about me not being able to share that spreadsheet but I'm sure you took a sneaky peek Calex. :P

Anyway, here's what it's looking like so far. I've opted out of the shelf idea and just put the monitor sitting on the drum's steel frame. It doesn't move at all, even when I wallop the kit and shake it. The 360 and stereo system/left speaker are tucked away down bottom left.

21033210150176784183441.jpg

20989310150178184868441.jpg

:D

Ha ha ha nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can both pedals be assigned for double bass? or is left just for hats only?

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can both pedals be assigned for double bass? or is left just for hats only?

EDIT: I did some more research and apparently the hi-hat pedal does work as a second bass pedal if the hi-hat pedal option is turned off in the options, which also leads me to believe the DTXplorer's hi-hat pedal functions properly too. I won't know for sure until I get the adapter, which will probably be here on tuesday.

Can't wait to dig into all of those delicious Beatles songs on pro drums! I've still got over 5GB of free DLC to extract.

Great read here re: DLC and RB4

100 million songs have been downloaded for Rock Band :eek:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/04/the-past-and-future-of-rock-band-dlc.aspx

Would any of you fancy buying my 360 MIDI-pro adapter? Ad's up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Hahaha oh you and your sales :p If I ever get my Roland AX-Synth I'll have to chase one of those things down.

Advertisement