Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't FRET, it's general discussion!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ha if you'd done give it all on guitar you could have entered the score in the challenge this week :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Dedicated to all the regulars of the GH&RB forum... All 3 of you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

0_0
    I need that song.

What caused you to break the combo there ? Fatigue or loss of concentration? or both?

Nicely done, what did you cap and sync it with?

• Advertisement

A combination of fatigue (very tiring song) and poopey pads. The concentration was all there for the recording. Recorded on my and my sisters digital cameras (one of which was balancing on a bed post :P), and I used adobe premiere and a lot of patience for the sync. 5 star is for epic justice... or something :)

Ok so I was bored last night and mention of red hot chilli peppers in the thread about bands who should get a game for them selves tempted me to get a couple of my favorites from the the bloodsugarsexmagic album.

They really should advertise the face thy have altered the song / censored the vocals :( "Sir psycho sexy" is ruined because of it, Even if you didn't know the song you be thinking hey wait a minute why did the vocals cut out all of a sudden. Entire passages are muted out of it. Now I did know this song would get censored at one part and know why the rest was cut too.

But I didnt think it would be that bad. This will teach me to research before I buy, which i normally do.

End of rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

calex71 wrote: »

They really should advertise the face thy have altered the song / censored the vocals :( "Sir psycho sexy" is ruined because of it, Even if you didn't know the song you be thinking hey wait a minute why did the vocals cut out all of a sudden. Entire passages are muted out of it. Now I did know this song would get censored at one part and know why the rest was cut too.

Amazingly, in 'Rock Your Socks' by Tenacious D, they left in a reference to a certain sex act....

2.40 for the impatient among you ;)

Good to see so many people using the sig! Keep it up guys! Banjo, when's your score in?

Haven't played the tour mode online for a while , but have they changed it so that you dont fail out so quick if people leave/disconnect in the middle of a multi song set?

Was playing let there be rock in a full band there , and just before it started the bass player and drummer quit :eek: song 5 of a 5 song set :mad:

Was pretty funny cuz for really long stretches there is no guitar so the kid had to sing with no music :D we 2 stared the song ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Good to see so many people using the sig! Keep it up guys! Banjo, when's your score in?

Um.... assuming the song is in Rock Band 2 and I've unlocked it I should have a crack at it either tonight or saturday morning, depending on how well the baby's sleeping and how charitable the wife is feeling with the telly. But don't expect much, I'm still playing through on medium to get to know the songs...

If you haven't got it unlocked you'll find the code for unlocking all songs (temporarily) in the score thread. Medium is grand ;)

Heads up for this weeks US south park episode, features rock band in one scene, the choice of song is quite funny :D

This this one will be on comedy central here next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any tips on Rockband calibration? I was playing the Beatles game earlier and the difference is shocking compared to Rockband 2. I'm using the GHWT wireless guitar.

Yo yo. I should probably put a bit about this in the FAQ. When I need to calibrate there are a few steps I consider.

1. Plug your 360/whatever into an old CRT TV. Play a song and do the calibration test and see if there's any lag. There shouldn't be if you're on a wired guitar, but you might find there's a bit on a wireless guitar. If this is the case, you've found your problem. Go you. Other wise...

2. So, it's not the instrument. Plug your HDTV back in and try the calibration tests. Do it about 3 times, record the results, take the average, and manually set it to that. Play a song. Is it working? Great! No? On to...

3. This is what I use. It's very helpful, and can be the most accurate. You'll need a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thanks for that, I've tried that video before, but it's just not quite right.

Had you calibrated in RB2? If so, maybe set your B:RB settings to those numbers manually.

What kind of TV are you using? I've noticed I get more lag when I play on my brothers 32" TV than when I use my own 22" monitor (I get 0 lag on that)

South park rockband :D

So post your band , by the way this song is a steal @ 80 points , and yes I coordinated them all :S

Or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a9InAxRYc0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Oh, Onion, I just remembered your 2nd time (I think) playing guitar hero. It was a day we didn't get into a gig in the youth centre cos it was full. Me you Kieran and Gearoid played at Kierans house! Interesting :)

3rd time! You thrashed me iirc. That was the day I finally decided, right I need to buy this game... Who would've thought it'd get this far!

Exactly what I was thinking! That was a long time ago. Nearly three years, iirc, which I'm pretty sure I do.

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of goldstar cutoff's for RB?
    Tried score hero but that only seems to list the highscore and if it's a GS not the actual cutoff score. It's getting a bit tiresome watching youtube videos or doing the math on the fly when I get 5* then x 1.4 that to work out appro goldstar score :o

Sorry man, I would've said ScoreHero was your best bet. Other than google can't think of anything.
    Jay P wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking! That was a long time ago. Nearly three years, iirc, which I'm pretty sure I do.

They were simpler times, to be sure! When GH2 reigned supreme and children respected their elders.

Sorry man, I would've said ScoreHero was your best bet. Other than google can't think of anything.

Nevermind I found it , must have missed it when i looked earlier

Here it is for anyone else looking for it http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=232363

Toss it into the FAQ there :)

They were simpler times, to be sure! When GH2 reigned supreme and children respected their elders.

And there were none of these fancy GH&RB forums ;)

I remember my first time playing it as well. It was when Guitar Hero 1 was brand new and unheard of. I played it on easy. I just pressed the buttons, I didn't know that I had to strum at the same time :o

Ah bless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ah I remember when I was a youngster of 31, on my way to the Velvet Revolver concert when out of the window of HMV a bright and spangly white Les Paul did shine... and then after I'd parted with my cash I found out that the Wii version of GHIII didn't have DLC and you didn't get Slither on the disc even though it was in the ads. Sons o' beaches.

Advertisement