Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't FRET, it's general discussion!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

It seems to be showing up on bass for me too though...

Glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

K, influenced by Bobalicious, I'm gonna do The Beatles Rockband on hard today, start to finish. I've already done the guitar, so I'm gonna do it on the bass. There's an achievement for finishing it in 24 hours, so I'm gonna try and do that :)

Paul McCartney is pretty much the greatest bassist of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Jay P wrote: »
    Paul McCartney is pretty much the greatest bassist of all time.

:rolleyes:

I wasn't giving up! Nearly done!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

did you do it jay p? Also, i'm getting you rock band 2 for christmas!

As you saw in a different thread, yes I did! I finished really late cos I had stuff to do around the house, so I finished around midnight. At that stage, I really wasn't bothered about playing anymore, I was just doing it for the sake of it, so I was watching how I met your mother at the same time on my laptop which was at my feet :pac: Needless to say, my scores aren't too good. I'll go back over the next few days to patch them up.
    Haha, thank you! :P I want a drumset first though. It's a very one-dimensional game with only a guitar.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'll be upgrading soon

Santy ?

Haha, I think I'll save up the 20 or so quid to buy it second hand without a broked pedal! :P

Is it possible to use the xbox headset? I know there's a thread for this, but I don't really feel like going all the way there! :pac:

• Advertisement

Hmmm, I'll allow it... Yes, it is but I can not report on the quality.

Head set is cool for cat's once you turn the sensitivity down, better than my mic anyway, although that could be something to do with the layer of dust on it :p

Did anyone see Band Hero on the toy show last night? They made it out to be a singstar rip off, where it's actually a Rock Band rip off! Disgraceful!

Did anyone see Band Hero on the toy show last night? They made it out to be a singstar rip off, where it's actually a Rock Band rip off! Disgraceful!

Worth playing just to see what they did to Axel Steel in it :D

Oddly this reminds me to export my lego songs to RB2 lol :)

SantryRed wrote: »
    Cheers! Sorry about that, thought that thread was the charter which I'd already read. Serves me right for not reading thread titles properly!!
    Yeah, the charter is in serious need of revising. So, seeing as how a charter is supposed to be agreed on by the members of the forum, I want you guys to give me some things you'd like to see in there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd like to see a clause that requires you to shake your fist angrily in the direction of Harmonix HQ whenever the subject of Rockband 2 DLC for PAL Wii is mentioned.

Also, if we can agree on a more dignified name for the mic-tied-to-a-brush voxtar setup, ideally something with a cool prefix like Cyber- or Ultra- or Techni- that would go a long way to restoring my lost dignity.

I'm presuming that discussing how to import custom content into the game and/or download the entire contents of the Harmonix shop without paying for it is prohibited (no idea how it works for XBox or PS3 but I'm talking about RawkSD and a set of PC Tools that I dare not name for fear of the Mod's wrath), but I guess it can't hurt to spell these things out in the charter - all the better to beat perps over the head with!

Should the charter have a template for the posting of scores, with explanations of terms (ie NS/PS etc) or is that more of a FAQ thing?

All excellent ideas Banjo, thank you. I'm not going to sensor the mentioning of bad BAD stealing, but obviously linking to, or explaining how to do it is infraction worthy. Good call, I'll definitely throw that in :)

Banjo wrote: »
    if we can agree on a more dignified name for the mic-tied-to-a-brush voxtar setup, ideally something with a cool prefix like Cyber- or Ultra- or Techni- that would go a long way to restoring my lost dignity.

The Banjo VoxTar Sweep maybe :p

:eek: I want this

DO WANT! I'm thinking of getting that guitar that Cedom posted here before... That one was class!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

calex71 wrote: »
    :eek: I want this

LOL, what an ingenious idea, also it's a waste of money but who cares, love it!! :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Hope my Gretsch Duo Jet arrives in time for this :D €58 on play.com Hmv wouldn't deliver to Ireland.

Edit: Great time for this challenge as I always get new undies for xmas ;)
    That's class man, this thing is seriously sexy!

GretshDuoJet.jpg

Mmmmmmm.

What do you think of the sig? I'm particularly proud of it :)

That's class man, this thing is seriously sexy!

GretshDuoJet.jpg

Mmmmmmm.

What do you think of the sig? I'm particularly proud of it :)

I'm more concerned with how this will work lefty, I made a number of serious assumptions when buying. 1: assumed the strap would work like GHWT and 2: that the whammy looked like there was 2 positions for it on the bridge

Sig didnt seem to work for me :confused: although it's possibly the most kick ass one so far.

"hello darkness my old friend...." Guess who got Simon + Garfunkle DLC this week :D

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Sig should work now, sorry about that, and thank you for the comment :)

Out on my travels again yesterday , again hmv , again another bargain alert.
    Seems I shouldn't have bothered ordering my Gretsch from play.com and suffer the wait for delivery.

HMV have these and the Rickenbacer RB: Beatles Guitars for €58 also :mad:

Only thing is there seems to be no consistency in pricing between stores.

EG: I saw the guitars in the Drogheda store for €58, where DJ Hero is still 104 were as in the Dublin Dundrum HMV DJ Hero is down to €79.99 :confused:

Anyway €58 is still a steal for these beauties, from what they cost at launch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I've got some MS points to play with, and I have no idea which songs to get...

EDIT: So far I've gotten Woman, Re: Your Brains, Interstate Love Song, Tame and the new free song. Suggestions are welcome, though I may not listen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Mayhem pack.

Hmmmm songs i bought and played the most, one's that immediately jump to mind, are "The fixer by Pearl Jam" , "Downfall of us all by A day to remember" "pretender by foo fighters", "spiderwebs by no doubt", "she sells sanctuary by the cult", and "crush crush cry by paramore".

Not that I would be a huge fan of many of those bands but the songs for me are fun to play.

try before you buy here the little "play button in the right column means there is a video if you click on it.

Songs I play a lot would be "Hit me with your best shot" by Pat Benatar, the Queen pack, the Boston Pack, the rush tracks and "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm.

Oh and anything by Freezepop... :D

• Advertisement

Today I was ignored by my two favourite GH&RB posters... Oh the shame! :(

Advertisement