Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't FRET, it's general discussion!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Ah nuts, I thought you could pick any 20 songs!! :(

Ah well, I'm getting RB2 and a second kick pedal for the drums for xmas :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm getting B:RB off my sister. Should be a bit of a laugh anyway... Might finally get to see what this whole Beatles thing is about! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got the beatles RB band and Gretsch guitar from........ myself. Was going to wrap them and keep till xmas but :rolleyes:

Edit: I now find my self needing a guitar stand , anyone know where i can get one cheap? There is a place up the road that sells guitars etc so might take a wander up later, but dont want to spend more than €10 lol

Was checking the charts for this weeks DLC and came across this.

Weezer feat. The Joker :D

Very fun song even if you're not a weezer fan.

calex71 wrote: »
    Got the beatles RB band and Gretsch guitar from........ myself. Was going to wrap them and keep till xmas but :rolleyes:

Edit: I now find my self needing a guitar stand , anyone know where i can get one cheap? There is a place up the road that sells guitars etc so might take a wander up later, but dont want to spend more than €10 lol
    Why not get the OFFICIALLY LICENSED madcatz one? :p

10248.jpg

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Why not get the OFFICIALLY LICENSED madcatz one? :p

4.99 here think they have a sale :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm getting B:RB off my sister. Should be a bit of a laugh anyway... Might finally get to see what this whole Beatles thing is about! :)

It's surprisingly tricky in places. Paul's bass gets pretty mad in places.

Though I'm comparing it against GH2 and 3 so there isn't much competition :o

And I'll be able to get a few games in against you! Pick up RB2 already!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Maybe...that costs money though! So does xbox live :o

I can use my brothers account though....

The Gretch is on sale in HMV for 35 euro!!

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    The Gretch is on sale in HMV for 35 euro!!

:mad: payed 44.99 Sterling just a week before xmas, at 35 it is a serious bargain, fingers just bounce off the almost deathly silent frets, and it has a super accurate strumbar. All in my opinion of course :)

And the auto calibration is an absolute god send got i right first time for me.

They must have had some profit on those when they 1st came out a few months back @ €120 a pop :eek:

Quiet around here lately, I had to jump over a few tumbleweeds on the way in :D

n00b question, when is this weeks challenge going to start, and how long does it last or what way does it usually work?? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It starts when you post the challenge in the challenge thread since you've just volunteered yourself, it ends when interest has clearly died down and most of the regulars (ie Onion, Ced, Calex and Bobalicious) have posted scores, or when it goes quiet and someone says "whens the next challenge then?"

Banjo wrote: »
    It starts when you post the challenge in the challenge thread since you've just volunteered yourself, it ends when interest has clearly died down and most of the regulars (ie Onion, Ced, Calex and Bobalicious) have posted scores, or when it goes quiet and someone says "whens the next challenge then?"

lol, but but but, there was already someone going on about a song in the thread! I was just asking when does it start or how does it work!!

Me no volunteer for nowt!! :eek:

¬_¬ I leave for two days and OH WOW SURPRISE, someone has asked if the GH3 Guitar will work with other games. Man if only I'd answered that in a sticky... ... ... *cough*

Yeah so anyway, imma go start a new challenge.

Batteries ran out on my wireless guitar, so got out the old strat will i was recharging them.

............. no down strum :mad:

worked fine last time I used it. Any one fix this themselves? Am I right in thinking all I need to do is loosen a screw, push the contact back into place and tighten screw again?

There's no harm in trying anyway, it's not like you'll be bringing it back!

Hmm mine doesn't look like one's I have found fix guides for :mad:

The bar goes over and back to metal bars that are coated in clear plastic and doesnt make contact so I'm assuming magnetic.

More goolges I think , if all else fails and I dont manage to totally break it , I know a right handed down only strummer who will get a late xmas gift :D

Can we have some picks of the internal workings while you have it open?

cant really see what is stopping it strumming down :confused:

E105EC3FE73F4FA98F9709A49ADB8045-800.jpg

541EFC2781514CCE9A30D9575525FD69-800.jpg

F59C420A1F484AD1992164B8DAFC401B-800.jpg

broken whammy spring , that i fixed ages ago by looping elastic bands between the whammy bar and rear strap button :D
    D7EE849CB02C4E3F84BB4C0AA37B5F8A-800.jpg

• Advertisement

I can't see anything wrong, must be a problem in the circuit board or lead wire?

Ah i did come across another forum whic suggested cleaning behind the spring, i did this and it improved a bit, missing every 5th or 6th strum so ill crack it open and clean a bit more.

In a rare moment of shamelessness I played drums online for a bit last night in a band on hard :eek:

Anyway after doing particularly well on a song and nailing all the OD sections the guy on guitar say's "woooo dude how did you get it so that you activate OD with the red pad????"

The singer failed out he was laughing so hard :D

XD Leet Guitarist is leet :P That's awesome! Played a bit more GH5 yesterday, I find it interesting the way they dealt with non-guitar keyboard bits. not having to strum. Was pretty cool! They reayy have brought it back a long way. I'm still convinced the hitboxes are bigger that RB's ones.

I did quite like GH5 , not in a long lasting way but fun for what it was, liked the challenges, I thought they were fun way of trying to get you play all instruments.

Is it just me or does it feel less precise than RB? Alt - strumming was usually where I dropped notes in it for no reason. Or maybe the reason is that I actually now find it harder to hit round notes on the charts :D

I still think I prefer round notes. They bring me back to my GH2 days *nostalgia* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

I want to get a 2nd guitar controller for a wii. Went into my local gamestop at the weekend,they had them for the xbox and p/stn for 14.99 ea,ones for the wii were 80 quid.Anyone know will they come down in price or maybe somewhere else i can get one cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I want to get a 2nd guitar controller for a wii. Went into my local gamestop at the weekend,they had them for the xbox and p/stn for 14.99 ea,ones for the wii were 80 quid.Anyone know will they come down in price or maybe somewhere else i can get one cheaper?

I saw HMV in Limerick had the RB:Beatles Rickenbacker for €35 on the Wii if thats any help

There was one left for wii in HMV in scotch hall Drogheda for same price yesterday. Have one myself , can't say enough good things about it.

I paid €55 on play.com for mine just before xmas :(

• Advertisement

So can't be bothered to link to all the mass hysteria over the last week or so re: EA and RB and viacom and MTV etc. the more I read the less I feel we'll see RB:3 this year if ever :eek:

if EA get their way i fear the worst case scenario.

Advertisement