Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't FRET, it's general discussion!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

And Activison have closed the doors on Red Octane, which makes me sick to be honest, by all acounts a great hardware maker who had the balls to fund something as radical (in business terms) as Guitar Hero; gone, because they'd been milked for all they were worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Just to tell ye RB:1 is €13 in GAME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did anyone pick up 'fret nice' today on xbla? 1200msp seems a bit steep and I don't think you actually need to use the guitar controller if you dont want to.

Looks like a below average sort of game really :mad:

/forgets there's usually a demo ..... goes to check it out bbl

Hmmm. Fret nice is actually fun. Not 1200 MSP fun, but fun none the less!

For the night owls among us http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/calendar/gamewithfame/2010/0325-him.htm

Play RB with His Infernal Majesty :D

Worth it just for a chance to tell them they suck lol

• Advertisement

This site is back up and scanning again.

Only updates every day, but useful and much quicker than doing it from within RB2. Basically shows your leader board position, score per song, star's amd when you beat a score etc. Something RB2 lacks :mad:

Here is mine You can also compare scores with other players.

Got a shock when I saw how many songs I gold stared on guitar
    :eek:

That is pure class Calex, good stuff! I have like 300th best score in the world on Give It All with my FC for the challenge here. Are ye proud? :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That is pure class Calex, good stuff! I have like 300th best score in the world on Give It All with my FC for the challenge here. Are ye proud? :P

The math on that is amazing

Me 18,771st / 136,749 @ 184,166 and 6.13GS
    You 369th / 136,749 @ 215,746 and 6.69GS

My best rank is a pathethic 86th / 631 on an easy song.

Love this site and it's stats

Edit: Should add... repeating gold stars on some of them 101 songs is really hit or miss, think one of the ones I'm most proud of is give it all, because I like to do well on songs I love, but also because I f**king had to work for that, same with welcome home and some might say.

Gold stared my 1st RBN song tonight :) I'm made of wax Larry What are You Made of? by A Day To Remember - thoroughly recommend that as a DL !!!!!! A strummer but not a bummer!!!!! My 4* on push push will have to amended asap, was easier in GH2 to 5* it.

And Bodies by Drowning Pool is an Old school classic on RBN of EPIC proportions... GET IT!!!!!!!! Mental note to dig up the vid of me playing it in a band back in "the day"

We've been mad busy these past few days :D Not AH busy, or even Games busy, but busy enough for me to actually want to reply to people :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Free track DLC for DJ hero for a limited time for whoever has it. Its a pretty bad remix of Just Dance and Ghosts n stuff by Deadamu5 for those that dont know. But hey... its free!

Also noticed that theres free tracks for GH 5/Band Hero on the psn, its the national anthems for a few countries, about 4 or 5 countries. LOL

• Advertisement

I was getting excited there, I thought you meant National Anthem by Radiohead. :(

If Ireland had made it we could all have been rocking aran na bhfiann Jimi Hendrix style :(

And since the RB3 news I haven't seen a single tumble weed on my way in here ;)

I'm so hype for RB3, I just want it to come out now. RIGHT NOW.

Only 127 sleeps till RB3!!!!!

smallprint
    Note: I pulled that number out of thin air so this may not be the actual number of sleeps you get till RB3

If I just have 127 naps, will that make it come faster? :(

caught this on the RB facebook page :D

30475_421233825208_19744285208_4285962_6416739_n.jpg

Harmonix <3 such a bunch of legends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

BUMP

I just got back into Rock Band (and gaming in general really) and just realised I have only 8 achievements left in RB2 :D

BUMP

I just got back into Rock Band (and gaming in general really) and just realised I have only 8 achievements left in RB2 :D

7 here, after my last attempt at the expert endless setlist being thwarted by visions i've decided f*** it much as I love achievements and rock band I aint sitting like an idiot for 7 hours because a developer wants to laugh at my expense by including a cruel and torturous cheevo. Even though now i can beat visions I refuse to have that achievement on principle, it's 99% not a test of skill till the end. As for bladder of steal, man they must have been wetting them selves putting that in , sitting in the meeting saying "wonder how many suckers can hold their wee for 8 hours" :mad:

BUMP

Which ones are you missing? I never got a chance to get the "keep the star power on for 90 seconds" one and a few others. Any advice on that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

The overdrive I got by accident, just get a friend or two, have the drummer or vocalist activate when its about 3/4 full and then everybody take turns activating just before the previous persons overdrive runs out.

I need to get that achievement in the beatles, apparently it's possible to do it by yourself playing bass on one of the tracks (it's only 60 seconds in the beatles)

I always got the overdrive one with out trying in the games, but it can be a right pain if you are playing with ramdomers , I'll help out on that one if you needs it.

@ Cedom to do it solo in the beatles you need the song 'Because' if I remember.

No Rock Band at college. I'm getting restless.

So, RB3 featured in Gossip Girl, and I raged rather hard. They didn't even use a song from the game, they just dubbed some crap over it.

http://www.destructoid.com/gossip-girl-cast-playing-rock-band-3-while-you-re-not-183880.phtml

Also, hang in there Conor!

So, RB3 featured in Gossip Girl, and I raged rather hard. They didn't even use a song from the game, they just dubbed some crap over it.

http://www.destructoid.com/gossip-girl-cast-playing-rock-band-3-while-you-re-not-183880.phtml

Why do Rock Band lingerie parties exist and I never get invited to them? That's the real thing that's making me angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

No Rock Band at college. I'm getting restless.

Tell me about it :( Serious drums withdrawal.

So DO, are Harmonix sell outs now? They paid to have their product used in an episode of Gossip Girl. Does that kill you inside? ;)

It's in an upcoming episode of The Hard Times Of RJ Berger too. I have to say a little part of me died inside. Then I reminded myself it's an MTV show so they didn't sell all the way out.

Oh that's right, I forgot is was an MTV show. Nevermind so, they didn't sell out. La-tee-da :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Oh that's right, I forgot is was an MTV show. Nevermind so, they didn't sell out. La-tee-da :P

The Hard Times Of RJ Berger is an MTV show.

Hate to break to you but Gossip Girl sure as hell ain't :p

• Advertisement

It was on MTV that time we were in Aoibheann's old place. Now shup before I ban you and let me live in denial :P

Advertisement