Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't FRET, it's general discussion!

Options

Comments

Was playing GH3 in front of D4RK yesterday and sucked. Much embarrassment was had.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Lies! You were playing awesome :D I was better though :P

You have me in the real guitar stakes though, reckon you'll be our top Pro-Guitar player at this rate!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Lies! You were playing awesome :D I was better though :P

You have me in the real guitar stakes though, reckon you'll be our top Pro-Guitar player at this rate!

This was my long term plan all along. That's why I just didn't bother getting better at plastic guitar. *cough*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I saw the Rock Band drums on sale in HMV for 11.99 pretty cool bargain if you don't have them already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I saw the Rock Band drums on sale in HMV for 11.99 pretty cool bargain if you don't have them already!

saw on the-hut too for €12.43 http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/electronic-arts-official-rock-band-drums/9977088.html
    not sure how much delivery is.

GH:WT guitar and game was 34.99 on all formats in local HMV, but hold off if thinking about buying that, my money is on it being free next week when you buy GH:6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

^ Have the beatles drums gone down in price much? I want a new decent set of drums.

conorstuff have you got xbox live?

^ Have the beatles drums gone down in price much? I want a new decent set of drums.

conorstuff have you got xbox live?

I do. My most recent gamertag is conorstuff.
    I don't have RB down in Dublin with me at the moment but I plan to bring my guitar down at the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Mr Moon wrote: »

I succumbed and bought them >.> Can't survive in college without mah RB, despite the fact that RB3 is out in what? A month? :pac:

SO worth it though :D Although bloody hell, the game is nigh on impossible to get. Searched in several game stores/HMVs before I finally found a pre-owned copy in GameStop on Liffey St. today. I've been looking for RB2 for months - anyone know anywhere that stocks it, pre-owned or new?

Hotaru wrote: »
    I succumbed and bought them >.> Can't survive in college without mah RB, despite the fact that RB3 is out in what? A month? :pac:

SO worth it though :D Although bloody hell, the game is nigh on impossible to get. Searched in several game stores/HMVs before I finally found a pre-owned copy in GameStop on Liffey St. today. I've been looking for RB2 for months - anyone know anywhere that stocks it, pre-owned or new?

Saw a few knocking around HMV the other day, argos have Beatles for 15.99 at the minute. Checked a few online places there, surprisingly only 2 out of the 5 sites I use for buying stuff had it and those 2 (amazon and play) were looking for over €30 for it.

I've seen no word on whether we will get new drums (as in released here) with rock band 3 other than cymbol add on's. HMX seem content to let 3rd parties handly the instruments now.

Edit: Now I'm wondering if they will properly implement GH drums ?

calex71 wrote: »
    Saw a few knocking around HMV the other day, argos have Beatles for 15.99 at the minute.

I've seen no word on whether we will get new drums (as in released here) with rock band 3 other than cymbol add on's.

Really? I've looked in HMVs all over the country all Summer and not a sign of RB2 :/ Plenty of Beatles though :p What HMV did you see it in?

EDIT: Ah, they DO have it on amazon. 'Spensive tho :(

• Advertisement

I made it a point to look in HMV at home any time I was in as they always have crazy deals on the peripherals. Saw it in the Drogheda shop on Saturday, thats the 1st and only copy I have seen there since I was looking this time last year when I went...... ahem 'Legit' :rolleyes:

Anyone going to the Jimmy Eat World gig tomorrow :cool:

IT JUST (B Y Pedal Pedal) TAKES SOME TIME

That is about as much as I know about Jimmy Eats World I'm afraid :P

Stupid f**king snow, had the sense to bail out of Dublin yesterday when the going was good , the down side being no rock band over xmas as I had to take the bus we were so badly snowed in :mad:

.............. /Seriously contemplates GH5 for android phone :eek:

RB need to do an android version for us iPhone haters lol

Stupid f**king snow, had the sense to bail out of Dublin yesterday when the going was good , the down side being no rock band over xmas as I had to take the bus we were so badly snowed in :mad:

.............. /Seriously contemplates GH5 for android phone :eek:

RB need to do an android version for us iPhone haters lol

I'm in exactly the same situation! :( Back in Sligo for Christmas and all my RB stuff is in Dublin boooo. Well, except for my drums which I donated to D4RK ONION for the Christmas period since I wouldn't be using them :P

The worst thing is we have RB, drums, mic and guitar all in Sligo but they're for the PS3 and the PS3 is in my brother's house in Dublin. DOUBLE WAH :(

Having withdrawal symptoms!

Konata wrote: »

Having withdrawal symptoms!

This !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Finally managed to scrape 5 stars in Llama on Expert Guitar! So, I've now finished all of the guitar goals. :D *happy dance*

Finally managed to scrape 5 stars in Llama on Expert Guitar! So, I've now finished all of the guitar goals. :D *happy dance*

you are not human!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Was no fail used?????

Jaysus, fair play Banjo Fella! :eek:

In other news... need.... Rock Band... nao.... >_<

you are not human!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Was no fail used?????

Do you still make progress towards goals when you've got No Fail mode on? I should have tried that earlier if so, would have saved me a lot of embarrassment! :p

The main problems I had with the song were the really random strumming patterns before and after the solo. It's just so hard to figure out the rhythm at the tempo the song's set, keeping your streak is a nightmare. I started out with Hyperspeed mode on, but that only makes it more difficult to read, so I set it back to normal speed and then I could see that you're strumming bursts of 3, 4 or 7 consecutive 16th notes most of the time. I practised the section before the solo until I could combo most of it, and then tried to struggle through the rest! Eventually worked!

Good luck to anyone who wants gold stars on it, though. Ouch. o_o

• Advertisement

First FC ever today - "That's What You Get" on Guitar. :D

EDIT: And this is the first time I've played guitar in three months. Maybe the break did me good. (:

Congrats conorstuff! FC-ing is some feeling! Have you picked up RB3 yet? If not why not?

First FC ever today - "That's What You Get" on Guitar. :D

EDIT: And this is the first time I've played guitar in three months. Maybe the break did me good. (:

Ha that was my 1st fc too :)

Even sweeter when it's a gold star FC,

The break at xmas did me the world of good too, actually managed to beat one of banjofella's scores, I won't say which one it was so as I can bask in the glory over being #1 in that song for a while :D

The break at xmas did me the world of good too, actually managed to beat one of banjofella's scores, I won't say which one it was so as I can bask in the glory over being #1 in that song for a while :D

Oh, we'll see about that! Er, once I figure out which song it is, and assuming it's one I'm not really, very bad at. Both of which are unlikely. Hmm. You win this time! ;)

In other news, man, the Johnny Cash DLC is fun to sing. I even got my dad interested, which was embarrassing but also secretly the best thing that has ever happened. Pity you don't get a x6 bass multiplier while singing his parts. :p

Ha that was my 1st fc too :)

Even sweeter when it's a gold star FC,

Gold star FC? I didn't know you could get an FC without getting gold stars!

Gold star FC? I didn't know you could get an FC without getting gold stars!

Very possible, you can 100% a song and not get it. Gold stars are linked to score, so correct use of over drive is needed. In Guitar Hero they were tied to 100%.

The requirement for gold in rock band is the score for 5* x 1.4? (not sure of exact formula) but it's about 40-45% of the 5* score added on.

Very possible, you can 100% a song and not get it. Gold stars are linked to score, so correct use of over drive is needed. In Guitar Hero they were tied to 100%.

The requirement for gold in rock band is the score for 5* x 1.4? (not sure of exact formula) but it's about 40-45% of the 5* score added on.

Yup, I knew there was a points requirement (I think there's a percentage requirement as well?) but I thought 100% would fulfill the points requirement anyway. How wrong I was. :)

Ladies and Gentlemen, for the danger-loving GH&RB players out there, I give you... Fire Hero!

Ladies and Gentlemen, for the danger-loving GH&RB players out there, I give you... Fire Hero!

Allan baned for life for giving me dangerous ideas :D

You have to admire the crazy things some people come up with , that beats the pants off the guy who did it with his xmas lights.

Just spotted this in facebook
    Rock Band
    I know we still have about 160,000 more people to go.. But we are closing in on ONE MILLION Facebook folks here!! Maybe we'll have to do something special when we reach that milestone... FORESHADOWING.
    46 minutes ago · 185458 · Like · Comment

• Advertisement

Yup, I knew there was a points requirement (I think there's a percentage requirement as well?) but I thought 100% would fulfill the points requirement anyway. How wrong I was. :)

GOD BLESS AMERICA! :pac:

Advertisement