Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

security issue in a Motors thread ?

Options
  • 13-05-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

security issue in a motors thread ?

Just this evening, in one particular thread in Motors, I keep getting a security warning. Thread is HERE

This happened before, where an image or sig had a corrupt image, but it's driving me nuts !

I'm in/out/aroudn Motors all the time, all eve, and it's only this one thread that does it........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can you post a screen shot of the warning message you are getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

ah cobblers, wouldn't you know it, I go back to get a screenshot and.........the error doesn't come up this time around......and it's been doing it since I logged on, maybe an hour or so ? Typical ! :o

Tks for taking the time to look, though !:)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No bother. If it comes up again grab the screenshot. That should help us narrow it down.

...sorry, spoke too soon, see attached.....
    it's like it's trying to log on somewhere.........

Ode To The Motorist

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

could it be the adverts?

• Advertisement

....I feel it is, but have no idea how to know which one.......

fwiw, the last culprit was a Nissan ad iirc.

Ode To The Motorist

I wouldn't worry about that. That pop up just means you are connecting to a secure site. I don't know why it's coming up though. To stop it coming up in the future, tick the box and hit "ok".

grand, tks !:)

Ode To The Motorist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If you use Firefox you can install Firebug and inspect all the components on the page. The bit that's coming over https will be easily identified.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Is there an embedded image that is connecting over ssl?

Such as this?
    thumb1.gif

Don't mind the image, only image I could find hosted on a ssl server quickly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement