Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone gonna get a job after the leaving exams?

Options
  • 13-05-2009 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Im just wonderin if us leaving cert graduates have any sort of chance this year.im gonna apply everywhere on the day i complete my exams but with bankers workin in mcdonalds,i dunno if we are gonna have much luck.
    plus everyone from schools across ireland will be rushin at the same time to get a job right after the exams so competition intensifies.
    Who here thinks they will get work with just their leaving cert(or more importantly,who here is willing to try?)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Not even going to try tbh, there's no point, there's nothing out there. We won't even be finished until the second/third week in June so that's basically a month gone if you're looking for a summer job. I'm going away in July for a week as well so it'd be a bit pointless. Planning on teaching violin as a means of income when I start college, handy money(15e for half an hour) and there's always people looking for violin teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Hand around cv's now with a note saying you are doing your exams.

so you can start immediately if you get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I'm just going back to the same place I worked last summer. If you had a job before that you gave up you could try going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

handin in cvs now. Tbh I'd work for peanuts. Anything to get me up in the mornins and into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Gona try get in on The Tudors again, would be class.

I've applied to a few places saying I can work full time during summer starting June 17th:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement