Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mymagnum.ie

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 kdevaney

Cheers everyone. Never taught id be able to claim my prize. Sit back and wait for it to come through the door now i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Just got the email telling me I had won €10, the link in the email won't work and when I go the the link suggested here it tells me that the code provided isn't on the database.
    I have already sent a reply to the email address that I received the offer from, it doesn't say no-reply on it, but I'm wondering if I should email someone else?

Update

I entered the number into the card sign up page and it was accepted, got a user code and passcode.
    That wasn't too easy to figure out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Hello from Walls

Dear fletch,

Thank you for your recent email. I was sorry to hear of your problem with
    our Magnum Promotion.

I can confirm that due to printing problems there has been a slight delay
    in sending out Magnum Pleasure Cards. However, I would like to reassure you
    that we are doing everything possible to clear the backlog of cards as soon
    as possible.

We aim to send out the cards according to on the following timetable:

For entries received between: your cards will be posted:

1st April to 12th May week commencing 22nd June

12th May to 31st May week commencing 29th June

31st May to 7th June week commencing 5th July

7th June to 30th June week commencing 5th July

These timings maybe subject to some changes, but please be assured that all
    cards that have been validly won will be distributed and will be valid for
    12 month from date of issue.

If you have any queries regarding the activation of your pleasure card
    please refer to "contact us" in the Magnum pleasure card winners zone once
    logged in.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and please let us know if you
    need any further help.

Kind regards,

Muna Osman
    Careline Advisor

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

fletch wrote: »
    Hello from Walls

Dear fletch..

Thanks for that, great to know! Won 30 cards and have still only gotten 1, so fingers crossed the rest arrive..

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

C.D. wrote: »
    Thanks for that, great to know! Won 30 cards and have still only gotten 1, so fingers crossed the rest arrive..

Jeez you must be lucky or eat tons of Magnums :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Got mine today. Is it useless after I spend the €10 or can I top it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Skyuser wrote: »
    Got mine today. Is it useless after I spend the €10 or can I top it up?

No you cant top it up . Its a shame because its a nice idea. The only alternative is 3V vouchers. They dont work in the retailers swipe machines though .

Dellas wrote: »
    Jeez you must be lucky or eat tons of Magnums :D

Nah I'm very nocturnal so just entered the codes late at night (~3am) when nobody else would be entering :) Also I did buy a few boxes from the supermarket for cheap! Got my 2nd one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I won 3, entered the codes all at once. The 3 cards arrived in one go last week. So happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭gagalina

got our first cards today - just wondering, don't we need pin numbers? Or is it ok because these cards dont have chips on them?

Gagalina

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Can you buy something for the exact amount on the card or does it have to be less so that the transaction won't be declined?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tantricdebs

Yep! we were late in the game but we won one 1,000 euro card and the rest in small denominations! We have just received our first 3 on monday and are due several tomorrow, so will be waiting by the post box!!!:p Has anyone else won big money? I am thinking of producing a receipe book with things to make with Magnums, so far EVERYONE I know has got an ice cream birthday cake !!! And have managed to make a very nice Magnum milkshake!!! Anyway I hope every one who has won is really enjoying the abundance of the feeling of free money! Has anyone had any weird reactions from people when you tell them? I have mostly has "good on ya" !
    Deb

OMG 30 cards! I thought I was lucky winning 3.....good luck to you activatin all the cards though because the cards you receive do not have any way of referencing which login details you received.
    Also I tried to use my card in a number of places and they would only accept chip and pin cards which these ones aren't, they can only be used by signing. Still a great offer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭gagalina

got 17 cards in the post today ;-) A lot of number's to type in to activate them all!!

So far no problem paying with them - although some cashiers weren't sure what to do - so they checked my signature really carefully and one asked me for some photo id.
    Oh, actually one problem paying in a restaurant - tried two different cards but they system wouldn't let it go through, so had to use the old laser.

Gagalina

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Does anyone know if you can just bring them into the bank and have them take the cash off the cards and give it to you?
    Also can you use more than one per transaction? It's hard finding things that only cost a tenner!Or 9 Euro as they are worth online.:)

I don't know about using a bank, but using paypal you'll pay between 4-7% to transfer them to your bank account. How many you can use per transaction is limited by the till system AFAIK- when I had the misfortune of working part time in a shop the system would accept a maximum of 3 cards per transaction. Also, I have not been charged for using them online?

I don't know about using a bank, but using paypal you'll pay between 4-7% to transfer them to your bank account. How many you can use per transaction is limited by the till system AFAIK- when I had the misfortune of working part time in a shop the system would accept a maximum of 3 cards per transaction. Also, I have not been charged for using them online?

Thank you for that C.D. :)I wonder if you can credit your paypal account with several of them at a time. Does anyone know?

You aren't charged for using it online CD but from my experience so far most online retailers will only accept €9 from a €10 card as they won't take all the money from a card.I think they leave some money on it for some sort of security check but I'm not sure. I think they do much the same with 3v vouchers etc.

chilly wrote: »
    Thank you for that C.D. :)I wonder if you can credit your paypal account with several of them at a time. Does anyone know?

You aren't charged for using it online CD but from my experience so far most online retailers will only accept €9 from a €10 card as they won't take all the money from a card.I think they leave some money on it for some sort of security check but I'm not sure. I think they do much the same with 3v vouchers etc.

After much playing around with Paypal, the following method works (I have done this myself so I know it works!):

You need to "donate" them to yourself. If you have two accounts (both will need to be in your name) you get an error message saying you cannot send money to yourself. However, if you don't create an account they just take your name and address to verify the card details, thus you can send money to your paypal account. You will pay €0.35 per transaction plus 3.5%, so €0.70 for a €10 card and €2.10 for a €50 card. Once you have a paypal balance of over €100 you can transfer the funds to your bank account for free. Paypal will not let you use multiple cards for a single transaction however :(

What I have decided to do is use the €10 cards (as many as I can get away with :P) everytime I'm buying something in a shop and pay the rest with cash or another card and "donate" the €20's and €50's to myself. It is however a pain activating all the cards because AFAIK there is no way to deduce which card is which so I just sit there entering card numbers till the card activates.

What I have decided to do is use the €10 cards (as many as I can get away with :P) everytime I'm buying something in a shop and pay the rest with cash or another card and "donate" the €20's and €50's to myself. It is however a pain activating all the cards because AFAIK there is no way to deduce which card is which so I just sit there entering card numbers till the card activates.

Thanks for that again C.D.I found there was an easier way to activate the cards.The account number and activation code for each card are printed on the bottom right hand side of the letter you get with each card.Then if you just search within your email for the word "magnum" and the account number printed on the letter you find the relevant email with the proper login details for that card.It hurries things up slot:).

Ha I'm such a fool! Did not think to check if that number coincided with the one sent out in the e-mail! Thankfully I've a spread sheet with all the account number, logins, amount won, dates etc etc to help me manage all the info! To think of all the time I wasted :o Thanks for that, I should have said enjoy your magnum winnings :)

• Advertisement

Ha I'm such a fool! Did not think to check if that number coincided with the one sent out in the e-mail! Thankfully I've a spread sheet with all the account number, logins, amount won, dates etc etc to help me manage all the info! To think of all the time I wasted :o Thanks for that, I should have said enjoy your magnum winnings :)

Ha I actually did something like that too but when I went back to it I couldn't make head nor tail of it...seems I wasn't as organised as I'd thought. :)

Enjoy your winnings too.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BlackJewel

Yep! we were late in the game but we won one 1,000 euro card and the rest in small denominations! We have just received our first 3 on monday and are due several tomorrow, so will be waiting by the post box!!!:p Has anyone else won big money? I am thinking of producing a receipe book with things to make with Magnums, so far EVERYONE I know has got an ice cream birthday cake !!! And have managed to make a very nice Magnum milkshake!!! Anyway I hope every one who has won is really enjoying the abundance of the feeling of free money! Has anyone had any weird reactions from people when you tell them? I have mostly has "good on ya" !
    Deb

Yeah, i won 1000 euros too, and spent the money on Roland td4k mds4 v-drums.
    Beside this 1000 euros i won little amounts of 10-20 and 50 euros.
    Ate more than 120 icecreams and won in just 92 entries.
    The icecreams were Yummi!!! :D

I tried using mine on paypal and while it does go through it says I now need the verification code from my credit card statement before I can use the card. Where do you get the verification code in this instance does anyone know ?

I had an existing Paypal account that was verified (bank account on credit card) and used the paypal donate feature to send money to that account using the magnum cards. I think you might have added the credit card to a paypal account which is a different thing- the verification code in that case is to allow you to verify that it is your card.

I had an existing Paypal account that was verified (bank account on credit card) and used the paypal donate feature to send money to that account using the magnum cards. I think you might have added the credit card to a paypal account which is a different thing- the verification code in that case is to allow you to verify that it is your card.

Opps!Well...damn :).
    I was adding them so I could donate them to my other paypal account.Obviously I made a mess of that. Back to the drawing board so.Thank you very much for that C.D :)

That should be credit card and bank account! IF you go to http://dog-gaming.com, on the bottom left hand side I have paypal donate button.. that is what I'm using to send myself money. I'm sure you can do the same without web hosting but I've never tried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭coffism

C.D. do you know if any online bookmakers accept the cards, i've tried a few but found none that will accept them yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

OK this is a silly question but how do you use the cards?? Do you need a pin?? or do you sign for it??

Just sign for it.

• Advertisement

coffism wrote: »
    C.D. do you know if any online bookmakers accept the cards, i've tried a few but found none that will accept them yet...

Sorry have not been keeping an eye on this thread. My experience of e-tailers is that you sometimes can only use 9.25 of a 10 card- 75 cent disappears. I don't know if spreecard/mastercard/the e-tailer gets it. Same goes for other cardsl a mysterious €0.75 fee.

Advertisement