Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mymagnum.ie

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

coffism wrote: »
    C.D. do you know if any online bookmakers accept the cards, i've tried a few but found none that will accept them yet...

I had a look into this too thinking that by adding all my 10 euro cards to a bookmaker account I could consolidate the money and then withdraw it as a lump sum. Unfortunately it seems it's pretty much impossible as all of the bookmakers I've looked into will only allow you attach one credit card to your account. You could add money via paypal but they take 1.50 from each card for security purposes and it's pretty much impossible to recoup. If you were to bet your money and win you could take your winnings in a cheque but out of your winnings you have to pay back the money you took from paypal onto the cards again,so you're back to square one again with that.

I've just decided to buy books on the bookdepository.co.uk with my money. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

has anyone used their pleasure cards. I have bought it two petrol stations and they have tried to put it in the card machine but it will not accept them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

yeh used mine in boots and Next....some shops can only accept chip and pin cards now.

thanks for that I will try Boots tomorrow and let you know how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭gagalina

C.D. wrote: »
    Sorry have not been keeping an eye on this thread. My experience of e-tailers is that you sometimes can only use 9.25 of a 10 card- 75 cent disappears. I don't know if spreecard/mastercard/the e-tailer gets it. Same goes for other cardsl a mysterious €0.75 fee.

I notice that too on play.com - tried to purchase 3 products for 19.45 on a 20 Euro card, and it was declined. I then purchased one product on its own for 12.99 Euro and that went through. My next purchase then for 3.99 was declined and when I log on to spree to check the balance, it says 2.07...
    Doesn't make sense at all.

Another good tip for spending the cards is at the petrol station - I find they are always accepted and you can use the full 10 or 20 Euro.
    Found one shop where I could buy top up for the mobile phone also, so that was handy!

Gagalina

• Advertisement

how do the shops or petrol station check that there is credit on the card. When the girl tried to scan my magnum card it did not recognise it?

fluky1 wrote: »
    how do the shops or petrol station check that there is credit on the card. When the girl tried to scan my magnum card it did not recognise it?

I suppose the same way if your regular credit card is maxed out? It connects to the system and see's if there is any money left to spend?

Gagalina

Spent another one of my cards in Dunnes today no problems..

I was in Boots and the girl will find out if I am able to use the card

fluky1 wrote: »
    I was in Boots and the girl will find out if I am able to use the card
    You can...I've used mine twice in Boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 littlemaxi

i won a 50quid card and tried to buy books from easons for 49.92(was a pleasure not to have to fork out for schoolbooks).
    Went through online but then got a mail saying there was a problem - seemingly their system only authorises an amount at checkout and when they went to get the funds on despatch of order it wouldnt work even though my balance was showing as 8cent ???
    Anyhow, 10 days later , lots of phonecalls to easons (who also have same problem with 3V cards etc i was told) and emails to spree card ive got the full 50quid back on the card again. I ended up paying for the books with laser as wanted to get the books delivered asap..
    So now i am back to trying to spend 50quid again !!:D

Originally Posted by C.D.
    Sorry have not been keeping an eye on this thread. My experience of e-tailers is that you sometimes can only use 9.25 of a 10 card- 75 cent disappears. I don't know if spreecard/mastercard/the e-tailer gets it. Same goes for other cardsl a mysterious €0.75 fee.

I notice that too on play.com - tried to purchase 3 products for 19.45 on a 20 Euro card, and it was declined. I then purchased one product on its own for 12.99 Euro and that went through. My next purchase then for 3.99 was declined and when I log on to spree to check the balance, it says 2.07...
    Doesn't make sense at all.

I mailed the magnum team, and this is what they said:

Please be aware that that some online merchants, such as Amazon, Play.com and Ebay, will, on registration or at checkout stage, send a request for payment authorisation to verify if funds are available. This is usually a small amount (£1 or $1) and will temporarily impact your balance.

You have made 4 attempted transactions at Play.com, therefore 4 ‘fund checks’ have been taken from your account.

This adds to a total of £4.96, which accounts for discrepancy in your balance.

This money should be refunded within 14 working days

At least it is an explanation, but rather annoying!! It means that for some online shops, we won't ever be able to use the full 10/20/50 euro values, but only lets say for the 20 euro card, we can buy for 18.74, as play takes a pound for checking the balance...

i was able to use the magnum cards in vera moda and there was no problem. The only thing is that i would ove lto check the balance of each card to make sure that i have not mixed them up. I went to the magnum site and to the balance statement hoping that i could put in the card no. and check its balance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

A freind gave me 4 of these cards last week, Im sure he still has any emails he got about them but the letters are long gone. Do I need the letter to activate them??

Just tried 2 to make a payment and both were declined.

The cards need to be activated. The only option is to email magnum and ask them is there any balance on them 'magnumpleasurecard@p-mm.co.uk' Tell them you lost the letters and see what they have to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

ok so cards activated. Ive used some no bother but now play are rejecting them??? Any body else had play issues?

ps the cd I was ordering was 7.99 on a tennar card.

ok so cards activated. Ive used some no bother but now play are rejecting them??? Any body else had play issues?

ps the cd I was ordering was 7.99 on a tennar card.

play do take around 1 GBP off the card to test whether it is an ok card, but if you had 10 euro left on the card and the cd was 7.99, it should have been ok... If you go into the magnum account, check the balance - maybe they take more than a pound of the card now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Splash

I won one of these a few months ago. My name is on the winners list at https://www.magnumpleasurecard.com/IRL/enter-code.asp but it doesn't seem to be accepted on any sites.

Theres 20 euros on it cause I logged into the site and it says I have 20 euros but any time I try to purchase anything (eg I was trying to top up my phone credit on the vodafone site today) it just says an error has occurred. :eek:

Advertisement