Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia phone question

• 13-05-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I guess a general question

I dropped my phone in water and dried it and it works except the number three does not respond. Is it possible to assign the number three to a different key? either by downloading software or fiddling with the phone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's not a general feature on the phones as standard. It's probably more hassle than it's worth trying to hack phones and I doubt it's worth all the effort and no doubt expense of special software.

Generally water > phones and that's the end of it. In my experience your phone will die in a couple of weeks completely anyway.

Tell us what Nokia you have anyway and maybe others can suggest something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

cant you just drop all friends who have the number 3 in their phone number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

thanks for the replies

phone number is less the problem than texting

now for what i said as if it was on my phone

'thanks for th rplis

phon numbr is lss th problm than txting'

i have a backup phone but im found of the auld nokia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

ronano wrote: »
    thanks for the replies

phone number is less the problem than texting

now for what i said as if it was on my phone

'thanks for th rplis

phon numbr is lss th problm than txting'

i have a backup phone but im found of the auld nokia

Exact same thing happened me. I dropped it into Vodafone they sent it away to be fixed. it came back with all my numbers deleted and a letter saying "beyond economical repair", that was a sad sad day:mad::mad::mad: but ya you cant beet the good auld nokia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I did the same with my K800i, ebay and Youtube yielded a new keypad (not the buttons, the actual pad) and instructions for fitting.

Best €6 odd I have spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

dave98 wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened me. I dropped it into Vodafone

I know water is bad for phones but I never heard that dropping them into Vodafone was harmful.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

ronano wrote: »
    the number three does not respond
    If you think that's bad, try having the 0 and the 8 knocked out - I gave up on my trusty 3510 after 5 years when this happened :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

I know water is bad for phones but I never heard that dropping them into Vodafone was harmful.......

Its a lot worse:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Did you, when you dropped it into water..
    1) Take out the batter,
    2) Leave it for about a week in a warm location (such as in a hotpress, beside the boiler, direct sunlight)

Advertisement